Did the players throw the games away to get rid of Des?

Did the players throw the games away to get rid of Des?

• Yep, based on the last 3 games there may be some truth to it.

• Not sure but definitely players started playing better once the season was gone.

• Another useless thread by the indian dog

• ozman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Most recently we decided to part ways with our coach Des Hasler. Before we made that decision we undertook a thorough review that took into account the views of Players, Coaching Staff and Administration Staff, plus a detailed Performance Analysis Review that included ‘Benchmarking’ the club against the rest of the NRL in recent years."

Whilst I doubt it, its not the most far fetched theory out there.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the players played according to the plan and the structures of our former master coach, and our results reflected this. Zero creativity=fuckall points=fuckall wins!!
I think they just decided to throw it all out the window andt the end because they knew they had missed the finals and had nothing to lose. And possibly the decision on haslers future had already been made and they knew this, so they knew they could actually play however they want without being reprimanded.
To me, thisbis the most likely scenario. I dont think any single player would go out there to lose, and im certain that no team would!!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think they threw games. I think they did their best to play to haslers ridiculous gameplan, then once the season was gone, they threw his shithouse game plan out the window and just did whatever the fuck they wanted.
One thing we can all agree on, they definitely looked better in those last 3 games.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't be fooled,
Des simply stopped coaching them :disrelieved::disrelieved::disrelieved::disrelieved::disrelieved:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think they threw games, they were just shit for the most part of the season.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. In fact i believe the players still put in for des when really needed, i.e. the game vs broncos when his job was being discussed by the board and 1st game vs dragons before he had to go to the forum to answer the fans.
However i dont think they were motivated or hungry enough to put everything on a weekly basis. The players let the coach and fans down.
I can see the media taking some quotes from this thread and write more negative things about the club.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question has to be asked after two years of extremely poor style of footy then why the sudden change in style with a winning formula?

It's simple, Des lost the dressing room and the players didn't want to play for him and only poor results and missing finals was the only alternative to get to where we are today. They had no will to win up until round 24 when Des was already gone, again it's that simple.

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comments with lesser potential of defamation have been deleted yet this thread still here?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do t think they tanked just think they were over it and lost confidence until lichaa led the way and said fuck it let’s just play the way we want to

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously there is a "talk" in rugby league circles that bulldogs players would have thrown the season away playing poorly to get rid of Des. It was confirmed by the style of play and players putting in an effort in last 3 games where they beat much stronger teams in titans, dragons and manly. Other than Graham no other player has really come out in support of Des after his sacking. Mbye and Liccha had their frustration known to the media about the style of footy they have been told to play by the coach while des was in charge.

So the question is , do you really think the players had enough of dictator des and his pathetic coaching style which was slowly but surely destroying their career and they started playing poorly to kill the season and in turn des's coaching career at dogs.
Yes!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blame Mr Invisible

This place is a melting pot of hypocrisy because of him
Comments with lesser potential of defamation have been deleted yet this thread still here?
are you serious? how is this defaming when it is the opinion of the members.

no one is claiming anything fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.