Former Bulldog Josh Reynolds Opens Up On The Des Hasler Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs linchpin Josh Reynolds has opened up to Triple M Saturday NRL on the Des Hasler saga that plagued the Bulldogs 2017 season, resulting in the sacking of Hasler.

Despite moving on from the Bulldogs Reynolds has noting but respect for Hasler.

"It's hard for me to bag Des, he gave me everything," Reynolds said. Listen to the full audio below

"When he came to the club I was off the bench as a hooker, he come there and said you're going to be the five-eighth, so how can I bag someone like that"

Reynolds did admit the players needed to take more ownership on-field but found balancing instinct and the set game plan difficult.

"He's obviously our coach and the boss so you got to follow his rules," he said.

"But again it's up to the players to go out there.

"Sometimes in a game I would think I have to try something here but then you have a game plan in the back of your mind."

The new West Tigers recruit says he learnt a valuable lesson from the drama filled year at the Bulldogs.

"This year the biggest thing I've learnt was confidence ... we lacked confidence all year," he said.

"I watched our games after and it frustrates me.

"There was things that used to work and we just weren't doing them as good as we used too.

"We didn't react to negative things happening in the game and when things aren't working you have to change it but we didn't."

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully the players left aren't also brainwashed in the same way as Reynolds and Graham.

They're too weak to tell the truth about how stupid the game plan was even after they leave the club.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Proffesionals don't bag out going coaches or old ones, whether u have a grudge or not! Simple! that's why graham n Reynolds are 1st class people!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the players left aren't also brainwashed in the same way as Reynolds and Graham.

They're too weak to tell the truth about how stupid the game plan was even after they leave the club.
No ones brainwashed, there professionals! You don't bag out coaches bosses etc!
My first thing when hiring people is if they bag out old boss etc in interview there gone straight away! UNPREFESSIONAL

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No ones brainwashed, there professionals! You don't bag out coaches bosses etc! You rise above the drama, that's the people you want
My first thing when hiring people is if they bag out old boss etc in interview there gone straight away! UNPREFESSIONAL

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
players are just trying to be careful , they want to tell their story and explain what went so wrong but they don't know what Des will be doing next season.

If he ends up the the blues coach (I highly doubt he will) players don't want their responses right now to effect them being picked and if he ends up at another club be it here or in the UK once again the players don't want comments they make now effect their career options tomorrow

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does he seem really fake when he speaks? Like he tries to suck up to people he talks to etc? I have always enjoyed him as a player and yep he's passionate but the guy comes across as kinda like he's holding back what he really wants to say

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No ones brainwashed, there professionals! You don't bag out coaches bosses etc!
I also hire people. If they tell the truth in a professional way and give reasons for saying things I respect that. People that are fake and tell me cliches don't impress me because they're not being honest. Sorry to say that's the mould Graham and Reynolds fall into IMO. No one can believe what they were doing in the last few years was good and sometimes you need to tell it as it is.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read between the lines.

Overly structured. Over bearing.

So glad des is gone

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the full interview, they asked him what happened in the last 3 rounds where we poured on the points and he said that the biggest difference was Lichaa. He completely changed the whole dynamic of the offense.

He said that Lichaa pretty much ignored Des' game plan instructions.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish just once some **** calls it as he sees it and not talk shit for the sake of a comment in a shitty newspaper.

It's true the fucked up world is that like today but FMD, if you don't say what you truly feel, just shut the fuck up!

No comment is better than a forced, untruthful comment.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah right josh

players are responsible for executing the game plan and play as they are told.

ok, fucken tell us how they are told to play? like spastic robots? like lichaa did for last 3 years or like he did in last 3 games?

tell us why Mbye doesnt even know what is his best position after playing first grade for 4th year.

you could have played origin every year if it was any other coach.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I also hire people. If they tell the truth in a professional way and give reasons for saying things I respect that. People that are fake and tell me cliches don't impress me because they're not being honest. Sorry to say that's the mould Graham and Reynolds fall into IMO. No one can believe what they were doing in the last few years was good and sometimes you need to tell it as it is.
Graham was the worse of the two because he was the Captain and a very poor one at that IMO, he really annoyed me in his last couple of years with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.