Dean Pay mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Fucking ay!!

The BEST month of Bulldogs Finals Football ever.

Remember the Manly side we played were RED hot favourites, having dropped what? 3 games all year...and the Raiders side were reigning premiers from 94- who some rate as one of the best sides ever.

The most underrated team when it comes to discussions of best sides.
yeah actually both those sides only dropped 2 games all season but it was a watered down league, that preliminary final against canberra i had on tape and used to watch many times as a kid so that i could still perform ray warrens commentary for our tries word for word ffs

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me - it's simple-
I like the idea of a ex-forward coaching a footy team- brings in toughness , no compromising strategies and being one of the great bulldog legend- it helps.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop the dithering Dib. Throw your idiot lists away and appoint Dean Pay. Get on and do it - and then resign and get out of the way.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeah actually both those sides only dropped 2 games all season but it was a watered down league, that preliminary final against canberra i had on tape and used to watch many times as a kid so that i could still perform ray warrens commentary for our tries word for word ffs
The first try by baa still sends shivers down my spine bro..best commentary ever

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He inherited a side from kevin moore/dymock which should have had the bulldog culture but was still outside the 8. I agree that having a unique culture around the club is important but its not the sole factor thats gonna win football games and i personally don't think its crucial we have a former player as coach
To some degree I agree, for one, Kevin was not a great coach and your right in that culture alone will not win football games/Premierships, otherwise, we would have won a lot more than we did during our golden years. But, the facts for our club are Folkes, Anderson and Gould, all ex-players, are ironically the last three coaches to bring home a Premiership.

At the end of the day, to win a comp, it's a combination of a lot of things including having an element of luck.

Agree, we don't necessarily need an ex-player to achieve success, but I think right now, we need that pedigree back in the club to re-set our identity.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He made Ian Robert and Glenn Lazarus his bitches!

Watch this vid Wolfy, fast-forward to 3:35

Pay was super aggressive, he was launching himself into every tackle looking back at the video, very determined in his playing days and positive he will rub off nicely on Klemmer, Woods, Jackson & Co.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To some degree I agree, for one, Kevin was not a great coach and your right in that culture alone will not win football games/Premierships, otherwise, we would have won a lot more than we did during our golden years. But, the facts for our club are Folkes, Anderson and Gould, all ex-players, are ironically the last three coaches to bring home a Premiership.

At the end of the day, to win a comp, it's a combination of a lot of things including having an element of luck.

Agree, we don't necessarily need an ex-player to achieve success, but I think right now, we need that pedigree back in the club to re-set our identity.
It might give the players a bit of a boost in the short term which is good which is why i'd be fine with dymock or pay but i don't see it having the same effect year after year as we saw with kevin moore. The teams success is gonna come down to good recruiting as we see time and again with the roosters

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Nah mate but I am still laughing at how cut you got the other day over some internet bullshit lol

Hopefully the nerve damage has cleared up and you can have a fantastic weekend mate!
Haha ok mate I wasn't even cut. You can stop tagging me now lol

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately Dean Pay has been recruited already so Canterbury have missed the chance to sign him as coach next year! Guess who has recruited him???

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
North Korean President Kim Jong-Un has told Donald Trump he has the weaponery and has recruited the right person that the US will "PAY!!!"

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So what is the delay in announcing his signing?
Souffs announced a replacement a day later i think....

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is the delay in announcing his signing?
Souffs announced a replacement a day later i think....
just waiting for a binding contract, dont want Dib jumping the gun again do we....

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kevin Moore should never have ever been coach of the Dogs, he was a reserve grader at best where he spent most of his career, yes he was great in the recruitment of all those players, but his coaching had a lot to be desired about.

Pay at least has played for NSW Australia, won a premiership with the Bulldogs so definitely has the know how to succeed. And he has worked with NSW under 20s for a few years, so he is the type of coach that can spot young talent and would give them a chance in FG unlike Des or Moore. Wether he succeeds or not is yet to be seen, but i think it is a step in the right direction to get the club back on track.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Brett Kimmorley throws hit hat in the ring to coach the Bulldogs, very smart half and a great football brain. Watching him on Fox sports he week in week analysing team plays and pulling teams apart makes you think he could do well as head coach. He is a former Bulldog who enjoyed success without winning a premiership and obviously understands the culture. I am not sold on Pay and or Dymock, they have both been bridesmaids for years and years now without being offered anything. Pay has just recently been sounded out by Warrington but apart from that mehh

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope Brett Kimmorley throws hit hat in the ring to coach the Bulldogs, very smart half and a great football brain. Watching him on Fox sports he week in week analysing team plays and pulling teams apart makes you think he could do well as head coach. He is a former Bulldog who enjoyed success without winning a premiership and obviously understands the culture. I am not sold on Pay and or Dymock, they have both been bridesmaids for years and years now without being offered anything. Pay has just recently been sounded out by Warrington but apart from that mehh
Probably has way to much on he's plate at the moment looking after 3 girls by himself to take on entire clubs rebuilding and stress load. Wouldn't mind him in the staff somewhere for half coaching but.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dean Pay gets the job I'm sure he will want his own coaching staff.
So the question is does he start with a clean slate and sack the likes of Jim Dymock who has been around for some time? I think he needs to unfortunately, to rejuvenate everything and everyone.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Chris Anderson is a very important figure who could rejuvenate the Dogs alot quicker than anyone else, and I am specifically speaking in regards to a manager/advisory roll. There has been alot of talk/options though a major issue is the board elections are too far away.

Anderson is the one who laid the platform for the Storm system.

Status
Not open for further replies.