2018 Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing really appeals to me about pay. Our defensive systems have always been stout, we need a superior tactician, someone willing to invest time in the spine and stuff. Maybe he's this type of coach

Jimmy d fits the bill, but it remains to be seen if he actually wants to do Des ball. But Des ball seems to be a thing of the past... so maybe he can lead us forward. To me he seems like a thinker. But not a quack like des.

I like hagan as a potential director/Gm. he was always the brain behind Queensland with mal being a figurehead. No doubt being around that Queensland team would have sharpened his own mind up... mixing it up cam smith and cronk. Be great to bring that knowledge into the dogs and further develop our halves.
Completely agree. For me pay is a bit of a risk. Ok he has coached well at junior level but he is a fresh face at NRL Level. He could be the next brad Arthur and come in, shake things up and attract a new brand and new players to the club. Or he could be a Nathan brown. You don't know.

I'll agree that dymock deserves his shot. He took us with a win from a finals series in 2011, he started the preseason in 2012 which was our best year under Hasler. 12 was supposed to be his season and he was robbed. But the only thing is if he was to take over he should have done so last month. Give him a shot and let him input his ideas and structures while our season was over. See if anything would change then make a decision on him. Or better yet we should have sacked Hasler after round 10 instead of re-signing him before round 3 and given dymock 16 rounds as interim.

And all the people that say jimmy is just as bad a Hasler and he is institutionalised. Ennis looked like a pensioner in his final few years in the blue and white. But changed clubs and won a premiership. So we can safely say micks form was representative of haslers structure and game plan. I have no reason to doubt why dymock can't still have a successful career post Hasler. At the end of the day Kearney was under Bellamy and Bennett and is a flop of a coach.

Hasler was dymocks "boss". How often would you shit on your boss and do your own thing? Maybe he was just following orders?

One thing about jimmy is he was always involved with NSW origin in one form or another and was always touted as a first grade coach. Panthers almost appointed him but they wanted an establish coach before they got Cleary.

I think if we go for an inexperienced coach it should be dymock. It would be a slap in the face if we get pay and dymock is his assistant.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Need a coach who isnt after immediate short term success. Need someone who will come in. Identify our weaknesses. Recruit to our strengths. Invest heavily in our juniors and bring back what it means to be a bulldog. Bring back a lot of league legends to come in and be part of the rebuild. Talk to youngsters and players and tell them stories of old.

Im saying that i would say Dymock or Pay, but have someone like Anderson/folkes overseeing everything and help with transition and rebuilding that culture.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Walters has made it known that he is interested in coaching a NRL team. He would be a great coach as he has been an understudy to both Bellamy and Bennett before becoming the incumbent QLD coach. He would be able to utilize what he has learnt at Melbourne and Brisbane and bring the best of it to the Bulldogs. Kevin would also be able to bring with him untapped talent that would otherwise be only available to the Broncos and or Melbourne.

Brett Kimmorley would also be a welcomed inclusion, many Rugby League pundits have for along time been saying how he would make a good coach, he has also played for the Bulldogs and knows about our culture and values that sadly Des just did not.
Forgot about Kimmorley, seems to have an excellent footy brain, I think he could develop into a great coach and seems to be a great people-person, so man-management skills wouldn't be an issue either.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And all the people that say jimmy is just as bad a Hasler and he is institutionalised. Ennis looked like a pensioner in his final few years in the blue and white. But changed clubs and won a premiership. So we can safely say micks form was representative of haslers

Hasler was dymocks "boss". How often would you shit on your boss and do your own thing? Maybe he was just following orders?
100%. To me it seems like he could be just towing the company line.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kevin Walters has made it known that he is interested in coaching a NRL team. He would be a great coach as he has been an understudy to both Bellamy and Bennett before becoming the incumbent QLD coach. He would be able to utilize what he has learnt at Melbourne and Brisbane and bring the best of it to the Bulldogs. Kevin would also be able to bring with him untapped talent that would otherwise be only available to the Broncos and or Melbourne.

Brett Kimmorley would also be a welcomed inclusion, many Rugby League pundits have for along time been saying how he would make a good coach, he has also played for the Bulldogs and knows about our culture and values that sadly Des just did not.
That is not what was KW said on Sunday, he said he was "DISinterested" in coaching in the NRL and is quite happy under his present arrangements coaching the Qld SOO side.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know this is an opinion thread and as such it is people giving their opinion on who should perhaps be our next coach therefore this whole conversation depends of course on whether or not Hasler is sent packing.

Souths wasted very little time in farewelling Maguire ( dictated by their want to go in a " different direction" ) and if we are to get workable systems set in place we need to look to this as well. IF he goes it could be by the end of this week OR if he stays and things do not drastically improve both on and off the field within the first part of next season, it will be then, which to my way of thinking is a complete waste of time. Methinks that unless the planets align and the DNA of the club is sufficiently restored we will be in a rebuilding phase for at least the next two years.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are people suggesting Anderson as football director??
Makes no sense to me.

As to who is the next coach?
Either Pay or Dymock. I think it will be between them.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im hearing Dymock has the gig, Hasler was told last week he is no longer required.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Dymech, but I think his time with Supercoach has been a big fail. I know he doesnt make big decisions as assistant coach, but his
presence has not achieved anything. At best, might have him as assistant to Dean Pay.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why Dymock shouldn't get the job.

A) He's already assistant coach
B) He wants the job
C) He's a former bulldog

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
give Dymock a shot!
he has been waiting patiently until recently

its his turn and i believe hes pretty much been coaching the past 3 weeks anyway or so i hope

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for dymick he was the reason I followed the bulldogs when I was a kid haha.
Me too bro, he was my favourite, I had his number on the back of my jersey.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me too bro, he was my favourite, I had his number on the back of my jersey.
I knew I wasn't the only one lol. When dymick left to parra, hethringtob became my favourite player coz I thought they looked the same when I was a kid haha

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing really appeals to me about pay. Our defensive systems have always been stout, we need a superior tactician, someone willing to invest time in the spine and stuff. Maybe he's this type of coach

Jimmy d fits the bill, but it remains to be seen if he actually wants to do Des ball. But Des ball seems to be a thing of the past... so maybe he can lead us forward. To me he seems like a thinker. But not a quack like des.

I like hagan as a potential director/Gm. he was always the brain behind Queensland with mal being a figurehead. No doubt being around that Queensland team would have sharpened his own mind up... mixing it up cam smith and cronk. Be great to bring that knowledge into the dogs and further develop our halves.
Michael Hagan as Director of Football
Justin Holbrook head coach. Played for the Bulldogs very impressive U20s coach at the Roosters & was also Robinson's head tactical assistant- held in very high regard in rugby league circles
We need a clean start

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael Hagan as Director of Football
Justin Holbrook head coach. Played for the Bulldogs very impressive U20s coach at the Roosters & was also Robinson's head tactical assistant- held in very high regard in rugby league circles
We need a clean start
Well, it seems the Bunnies brought Siebold in at the start of the year to take over from Madge if he didn't achieve this year. Now what have we done? David Penna started this year didn't he? I wonder.......

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it seems the Bunnies brought Siebold in at the start of the year to take over from Madge if he didn't achieve this year. Now what have we done? David Penna started this year didn't he? I wonder.......
We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture, so we sign yet another Manly minion whose a Parra junior, played for both the eels & bunnies, & most recently coached the Bunnies u20s side to 2nd last in 2016 as Des' replacement????
PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture, so we sign yet another Manly minion whose a Parra junior, played for both the eels & bunnies, & most recently coached the Bunnies u20s side to 2nd last in 2016 as Des' replacement????
PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!
I dunno - just saying is it coincidental? I mean why bring in an assistant coach who has some credibility as I understand it, punt the head coach and then not promote the assistant? It seems as though its what the bunnies have done. Is that on the cards for us?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I dunno - just saying is it coincidental? I mean why bring in an assistant coach who has some credibility as I understand it, punt the head coach and then not promote the assistant? It seems as though its what the bunnies have done. Is that on the cards for us?

Bunnies are way smarter than us, we couldnt possibly have conceived that idea...

WHy couldnt we like Souths who have handled their affairs in house and out of the media, end of season, sack MAdge, hire his Assistant in space of few days. No fuss, well handled unlike the shit we are going through now

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunnies are way smarter than us, we couldnt possibly have conceived that idea...

WHy couldnt we like Souths who have handled their affairs in house and out of the media, end of season, sack MAdge, hire his Assistant in space of few days. No fuss, well handled unlike the shit we are going through now
Except that it was common knowledge that Madge was going to be flicked at the end of last year and the board reneged at the last minute. It was why they recruited Siebold to take over from him if he failed again this year, which he did. We are a year behind the bunnies in the coach flicking dept and realistically had we won 3 more games we wouldn't even be doing what we are now. Don't forget most Rabbits supporters have to steal a computer to write a post so its only around the pubs that you hear their anger!

Status
Not open for further replies.