Buzz on The Professor's Second Year Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this rumour is true. Dean Pay would be a good fit. It's not that they are not competitive and winning. It's the style of play Des is coaching. Plain awful. Des says we, who have watched rugby league games and the dogs/berries for 50 years, do not understand the game. Well I have news for Des. Rugby League is a simple game. Much to my chagrin, the powers that be have made it even more simple than what is was in earlier days. No scrummaging any more. No kicking duels. no playing the ball forward. No hookers or front row props, no locks cover defending and no so many other things. Its a dead basic and simple game. Look at the top teams in any era and you will find the same basic principles behind their success. The dogs have gone backwards consistently since the second year Des has been in charge. When I lament with former players over the way they are playing, they tell me it must be the way Des is coaching them to paly. They are following his instructions. And what we see all belongs to Des. I can't watch that. Get rid of him. They should never have re-signed him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a forty pounder of jack Daniels sitting on my bar ready for the great news that des is gone,when it's official I'll use it to try and erase every memory of the manly turd,hope I get to crack it sooner rather than later.
Remember kids "drink responsibly"

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the Dogs mentor quickly knocked talk of a Titans switch on the head yesterday.

“I have a two-year contract with Canterbury,” he said.

This is the only 100% fact atm hasler has 2 years to go .hopefully the rumors are correct and he will be gone but i aint getting my hopes up till its 100% official he is gone

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this rumour is true. Dean Pay would be a good fit. It's not that they are not competitive and winning. It's the style of play Des is coaching. Plain awful. Des says we, who have watched rugby league games and the dogs/berries for 50 years, do not understand the game. Well I have news for Des. Rugby League is a simple game. Much to my chagrin, the powers that be have made it even more simple than what is was in earlier days. No scrummaging any more. No kicking duels. no playing the ball forward. No hookers or front row props, no locks cover defending and no so many other things. Its a dead basic and simple game. Look at the top teams in any era and you will find the same basic principles behind their success. The dogs have gone backwards consistently since the second year Des has been in charge. When I lament with former players over the way they are playing, they tell me it must be the way Des is coaching them to paly. They are following his instructions. And what we see all belongs to Des. I can't watch that. Get rid of him. They should never have re-signed him.
Add to that, when he took over dymock he adopted the ball play amonst the forwards in which dymock implemented NOT DES.

He is the worst coach in bulldogs history.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harrigan was on triple m last night or the night before and said he is 100% gone after this week.. We can only hope
Ive got a bad feeling nothing will happen after this weekend, then the rumors will be he is go October, then November then it will be he will have 5 rounds then dib will save judge us mid season when foran is back from a busted shoulder.
We will scrape the 8 and it will be considered an improvement. Then hasler is still here in 2019
:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive got a bad feeling nothing will happen after this weekend, then the rumors will be he is go October, then November then it will be he will have 5 rounds then dib will save judge us mid season when foran is back from a busted shoulder.
We will scrape the 8 and it will be considered an improvement. Then hasler is still here in 2019
:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:
I have the same feeling mate, but I hope we both wrong

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same feeling mate, but I hope we both wrong
Mate ill im praying im dead wrong. There no doubt des should of been shown the door over 12 months ago but the clowns who run the circus extended his stay. Any normal run club would sack him but our club is far from normal.
So far it has been only media speculation and thats no where near enough for me to get excited. Theres a real possibility that we will have another off season with des.
Im praying to every single god this doesnt happen

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Our club probably don't have options on the table.

Ride it into the off season, then Jan/Feb 2018 everyone will forgot 2017 season, he'll get a clean slate with Foran and Woods, and if by Round 10 things aren't firing they'll probably reassess his position at the club.

There's no top coaches available at the moment and if the club sacked Hasler and his replacement was equally as shit or worse, the fans would nail them for it.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't, but with Hasler they know what they are getting.

Get off the turps mate. He reported Henry's sacking b4 anyone else.
He got the Neil Henry sacking weeks before it was official
Anyone can be right when it's a 50/50 guess. Not always right, but bound to get some right if you make up enough baseless crap.

But when has he actually given any specifics in regards to an inside scoop?

Journos like him make up rubbish and can actually harm players careers, not to mention create massive issues amongst playing groups in clubs.

Is it any wonder that most clubs still well clear of him.

Can anyone remember when being a Rugby League reporter was more about reporting on league than gossip??

Omy90

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des Hasler a no show at what could b his final pre game presser @ @NRL_Bulldogs ... details at 11am on @FOXSportsNews is he done at dogs?

Just seen this tweet

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rumour mongers will salivate over that article.

Maybe he's got tap arse, or bad flu, or maybe he is sick.. SICK OF THE MEDIA ASKING THE SAME DAMN QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

Guarantee this will get blown out of proportion.

Dymock has been asked in the past if he wanted to take over and gave a definite NO.

I don't think he is the answer.

Des Hasler a no show at what could b his final pre game presser @ @NRL_Bulldogs ... details at 11am on @FOXSportsNews is he done at dogs?

Just seen this tweet
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Des fronts the media for a pre game presser every week.

Certainly doesn't seem so on Bulldogs video secont of website (just every so often).

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol dymock was actually pretty blunt.

There is no doubt blood in the water... and dymock knows it. But he has drunk the koolaid and should be one of the first to go

Status
Not open for further replies.