Laurie Daley sacked as NSW Coach in overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE NSWRL Board has today finalised its review of the 2017 Holden State of Origin Series and announced it will conduct an organisational overhaul and restructure, which includes appointing a new coach.

NSWRL Chairman Dr George Peponis OAM said the Board had decided it was time for a new direction and Laurie Daley would not be offered a renewal of his five-year contract which ended this year.

“I have spoken with Laurie and he understands the decision. He is obviously disappointed but he has enjoyed the journey and appreciated the opportunity,” said Dr Peponis.

“Obviously we thank Laurie for the significant contribution he has made over the past five years.

“He is a legend of the game and has done a tremendous job. He is the only New South Wales coach in the past 12 years who has won a State of Origin Series.

“We felt it was time to make a change. All aspects of the business will be looked at from coaching staff to team operations and personnel.”

Wonder if they will go after Des?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not even NSW would want Des.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will be Des. That way dogs dont have to pay him out. Lol well hopefully

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Peponis doing us a solid hopefully....would be the perfect way for Des to leave.

Will help us out financially, NSW get an experienced coach, we get someone new and the club can move forward.

This would be the best scenario for all parties.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hayne as captain coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Peponis doing us a solid hopefully....would be the perfect way for Des to leave.

Will help us out financially, NSW get an experienced coach, we get someone new and the club can move forward.

This would be the best scenario for all parties.
For all parties? It would be a terrible move for NSW. Des is tactically one of the worst coaches in the game. Not to mentiom the **** will have months to prepare stats and unload them on players over a single week lol.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For all parties? It would be a terrible move for NSW. Des is tactically one of the worst coaches in the game. Not to mentiom the **** will have months to prepare stats and unload them on players over a single week lol.
He may surprise us? I think NSW is looking for a big name coach like when they went down the Bellamy path. I can't think of many other candidates?

It could be good for Hasler to start fresh somewhere also.

All we need is for Johns to run the water like Langer does, stay on the field 75/80 minutes and bark orders at the team....he can be the on-field coach.

I still think that should be barred, Langer is a slime bag how he does that and gets away with it...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I still think we keep losing cause Pearce was picked.
The only year Pearce didn't play we won.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
It opens the door for Daley to Sea Eagles and Barrett to Bulldogs

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate coaching SOO is very different to coaching an NRL club, Des could surprise us all, Just hope Dr George can convince the NSW RL and Des, I would be over the moon if it happened.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate coaching SOO is very different to coaching an NRL club, Des could surprise us all, Just hope Dr George can convince the NSW RL and Des, I would be over the moon if it happened.
Gee you lot are delusional lol.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a dogs fan I'm all for it, just so we can fuck Des off.

But as a blues fan, not on your life. NSW is handicapped enough with mental scars from losing all the time.

Now swap Des for Kev, that's more interesting...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it means we get a new coach because Hasler goes to coach NSW I couldn't care if I never see the blues win a series again. Anything to see Hasler gone.

I care about the bulldogs and a premiership more than the 3 origin games per year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD des leaves to coach NSW.........I couldn't be that lucky

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol these coaches are just figure heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.