$1m salary cap crisis forces Canterbury Bulldogs to put entire NRL squad up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
50% bullshit
Media going off its head
Eastwood, kas, Graham, Morris boys and mbye yes
The rest of the squad no chance
Klemmer and Jacko won't go anywhere

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought this was a joke article lol.

Imagine telling every player in the club that they are free to leave their contracts.

Can we get more scrutiny put on the people in charge on this mess please media reading this?

Is there something the NRL can do to punish Dib and the suits?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you need to get rid of a few players realistically who is attractive to another club. Not Hoppa, Morris boys, Mbye, Tolman, Eastwood. And what the use of getting rid of players like RFM and Fualalo who are on peanuts.

The only ones left are a few decent players like Jackson and Klem.

With what's happened in the last few years nothing will surprise me with this club.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I hope every player refuses to leave so we get fined forcing Dib and Des to get the sack, then rebuild after that!

Reactions: GDR

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone relax. We have a rockstar fullback and 2 premierships by 2019 to look forward to

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you need to get rid of a few players realistically who is attractive to another club. Not Hoppa, Morris boys, Mbye, Tolman, Eastwood. And what the use of getting rid of players like RFM and Fualalo who are on peanuts.

The only ones left are a few decent players like Jackson and Klem.

With what's happened in the last few years nothing will surprise me with this club.

clubs like Tiger and Newcastle would love to pick Morris boys for 200ks each while we pay the remainder ie 800ks of their remaining contract dollars.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
exactly, as if signing woods and foran will get us a premiership

it doesnt even guarantee a top 8 position with Des incharge.

the most smart thing to do right now is build for 2019.

2018 is already fucked!
Yup. We are just pissing away seasons now. Most fans on here knew 2017 was going to be shit under Des and look what happened. Now these signings will pretty much fuck our next few seasons.

This club is a fucking embarrassment atm.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
clubs like Tiger and Newcastle would love to pick Morris boys for 200ks each while we pay the remainder ie 800ks of their remaining contract dollars.
Most clubs are waiting for the fire sale of heaps of the players.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't sign Foran and Woods, it's really fucking simple. Gets us in a good position to make major signings for the 2019 season instead of fucking our cap for years while paying players to play for other clubs.
This. I think the NRL have only provisionally registered the contracts. Let Woods go back to Wests, Foran can become a full-time gambler and we're suddenly under the cap. Shit team for next year but better times ahead.

Reactions: GDR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Are people seriously believing this rubbish?

Our club needs to come out and rubbish these rumors.

Again if we are in this situation, many other clubs are.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True or not, what a mess. Our poor season has allowed our club to begun the media punching bag again. Can you imagine what would happen if we have a single off-field fuckup?

Jackson and Klemmer are all I care about. If they're let go, I'm done.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol. What nonsense. No club puts a whole team on the market coz they might be 10% over the cap. Im ok with the media beating Des up but they are getting a bit silly now.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That means even the likes of Josh Jackson and David Klemmer could end up at another club next year.
If either Jackson or Klemmer leaves I wont go to another game for atleast another 10 years.
I wrote this a couple of weeks ago:

I'm petrified of two things:
a) I simply don't see how Foran's personal life is going to work out so that it won't affect his footy. It all sounded so poisoned. Not the peaks and valleys of the regular strains of a fundamentally sound family situation.
b) I keep dwelling on the thought, perhaps fed up by disfunction, JJ decides he needs to do a Price. Move on to lead at another club. I would not be able to cope. He's a natural born leader.
I'm almost certain this will be the final bit of blood letting. JJ and Klemer are our most coveted players. JJ is a natural born leader... could see him being the final piece of the puzzle at a club like Souths or Manly... or a player to build around at the Titans, Knights, or Warriors. Or a replacement for an outgoing Gallen. I cannot see how we will hold onto JJ... especially with the bullshit going on now :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well at least if they take points away from us there won't be many to take off us...

This club is a shambles right now, and it pains me to say it!

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Strong talk around that both Klemmer and Jackson were seen at Parramatta leagues club this moring having yum cha with Max Donnelly, Brad Arthur and Bernie Gurr. Spirits were high and lots of hugging was seen.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so this shit is getting annoying so i am going to do some quick fact checks

2012: Only Graham ad Perret as new signings. Inu was a mid season signing , warriors payed bulk of his wages

2013: Loss: Stagg retired.
Gain : Mitch Brown, Trex

2014 : Loss : Dury Low, Barba, Galea, Tapau, Halatua, Kris Keating , Burr, Leilani Latu.
Gain : Corey Thompson, Cook, Chase stanley, tyrone phillips

2015: Loss: Ennis, Finucane, Mitch Brown, Maitua , Inu, Pat Templeman.
Gains : Brett Morris, Liccha, Jacob Loco, Frawley.

2016: Loss : Frank, Trent Hodkinson, Corey Thompson, Cook, Jacob Loco, Shaun Lane
Gains : Hoppa, Garvey, Holland, Abbbey , RFM, Rona

2017: Loss : Pat O'Hanlon (retirement), Sam Perrett (retirement), Curtis Rona (rugby union, Western Force), Tim Browne (Panthers), Tony Williams (Sharks), Richard Coorey (released), Makahesi Makatoa (Raiders), Jarrod McInally (Queensland Intrust Super Cup), Graham Clark (released), Jake Kamire (released), Reubenn Rennie (released), Lamar Liolevave (released), Lloyd Perrett (Sea Eagles)
Gains : Zac Woolford (Raiders), Josh Cleeland (Sharks), Rhyse Martin (Townsville Blackhawks), Brenko Lee (Raiders), Tom Carr (Dragons), Francis Tualau (Storm), Richard Kennar (Storm), Asipeli Fine (Wests Tigers), Rod Griffin (Wests Tigers), Andy Saunders (Panthers)

As you can see we have lost more and gained less in terms of both talent and number of players for last 5 years.

Where the fuck has all the money gone? we should have bucket loads left over from previous years if the players were on back ended contracts.

our highest paid player till recently was Trex and he was on 600k per year.

Where did we spend all the left over money in the cap in 2012, 13, 14 and 15?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ummmm even if we offload them, we'll still be paying their salaries (or part thereof) to play at another club.

Ergo ... this is all clickbait media bullshit.

Other clubs would be in the same situation and any other club picking up our players might put themselves over anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.