Just how much are our players getting paid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With all the news about us and the cap, I thought why not break down the figures to see where we stand. Now obviously there isn't a way to find the exact figure for each player so im going to go by the rumoured numbers which in the Nrl are close to accurate.

Also these are for 2018:

1. Hopoate - 400k
2. Montoya - 150k
3. Jmoz - 700k
4. Lee - 250k
5. Bmoz - 750k
6. Brown - 250k
7. Foran - 800k
8. Woods - 800k
9. Mbye - 750k
10. Graham - 1 mill
11. Jackson - 650k
12. Elliot - 300k
13. Klemmer - 750k

14. Tolman - 600k
15. Eastwood - 800k
16. Fualalo - 200k
17. RFM - 200k

18. To'omaga - 150k
19. Abbey - 300k
20. Tualau - 150k
21. Fine - 150k
22. Holland - 200k
23. Smith - 150k
24. Woolford - 150k
25. Frawley - 150k

And I think that the roster numbers are going up as well to 30 so add in another 5 players on the minimum.

The above players wages add up to: $10,750,000

Now with all the added incentives that number probably drops to around $10 million and hence the rumours about us being over the cap are true and also very worrying considering its a whole million over the projected 9 mill cap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one apart from the NRL and Bulldogs would know the correct figures for each player.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can guess, but only have rumour to go by. If these figures are close to the mark, there is some deadwood we can lose to bring us under the projected $9 million, but they are players we would be unable to shop, unless they went to English super league. I think we are stuck with the overpaid duds; and have to face the reality of losing our emerging talent. If this happens; and I suspect it will, the administration should fall on their swords.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
There is no way Graham is on a million what about tpa?
Eastwood 800k?
Every player has TPA.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman $450k under the cap. May have TPA.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be their figures with the TPA's

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
back ended deals mate, thats what puts us over the cap.

the question i wanted to ask is why we did back ended deals when we always had shit loads of money in the cap unused every year cos we have been offering Foran , Fafita and not to forget we have always been waiting for our rock star fullback.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This salary cap situation that we find ourselves in appears to be worse than what's disclosed. The media seems to know something and won't let it go about our club.
We don't get the same slack as other clubs who have been just as active on the player market.
Our board seems to be in a high panick frenzy with shedding players . I just don't get how we budgeted for a 10 mil cap yet we are akways rumored to be trying to shed players that equate to about 4mil next year.
Have we perhaps even exceeded way over the 10 mil that the club anticipated?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

the question i wanted to ask is why we did back ended deals when we always had shit loads of money in the cap unused every year cos we have been offering Foran , Fafita and not to forget we have always been waiting for our rock star fullback.
I don't think we ever had the money for Fafita, Foran and the Matautia brothers it would have been a similar scenario to now where we would have to release players mid contract.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do that excercise for Broncos Sharks Roosters and even Warriors and I'm sure they are close to 10 mil

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much are we paying? Waaaaaaay too much!!
Klemmer and Jackson are worth what they're getting but the rest should be on minimum wage of $100K for their diabolical displays.
Lichaa and Mbye are worth $50K....not a cent more!

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3 that stand out as being absolute madness to me are:
1) Eastwood. How could this flop be earning more than Jackson and Klemmer????
2) Mbye
3) Abbey

If Graham was playing the same as he was pre that infamous good Friday, $1m back ended would be ok. The bloke is playing like She Rex these days.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Because, Dib is Des bitch

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This salary cap issue is pure speculation and started with that squealing bitch hooper on fox sports...
Hooper is the biggeat dud in sports media i have ever seen. I actually respect Paul **** and Shirvington more than that ugly bald bucktooth loudmouth that probably commentates his own roots.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what ever it is its to much our super coach back end deal have killed us for I think 2yrs , 800k for Eastwood really
I just look at our roster how can we possibly be over the cap we are so bad have a look at the top teams broncos , Melbourne ,sharks they are ok & we are over ?
heads should roll over this

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one apart from the NRL and Bulldogs would know the correct figures for each player.
Pretty much spot on Spoonman84 I find it hilarious how many experts on this Forum there are when it comes to claiming they know how much players get paid, I would say 100% of them don't know shit. lol

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Too many slow and past it and way overpaid players.
The only ones from your list I would want for 2018 are: Montoya, Brown, Foran, Mbye, Jackson, Klemmer, RFM and Fualolo.
The rest should be shopped at all costs, Holland and Hoppa should never have been re signed.
Cleeland is a must to partner Foran in the halves, Mbye to fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.