Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Offered the role or did he apply?
It's one or the other...

Either way, this is just to fill a position, it's obvious Des and Dib are the only ones who run the entire club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My friend who used to work at the NRL seems to think we made a good signing with Hill.

I told him it wouldn't matter much with Dib still around and Hasler cap-fucking us for years but he still maintains Hill knows what he's doing.

I'll believe it when I see it. Even if Hasler is sacked we're in dire straights and Dib meddles and interferes so much that it's hard to be excited about this appointment.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong and my friend is right but I need to be convinced.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
What about me ???
1- I have passion for the dogs
2- I'm not an NRL arse licker
3- I'm a "smooth operater"
4- I have experience (I once ran a raffle for the local under 12's).
Couldn't do much worse (or less) than our current CEO.

VOTE 1 - HAZ
Im thinking I must have just missed out. Thanks for the feed back.

Malla

Reaction score
Former Eels GM and is the CEO of the worldcup this year.

Has been involved in rugby league for more than 2 decades which is a good thing.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well , this is good news and bad news.

The good news is that we now have a CEO with a footy brain....

The bad news is that our memberships will go down cause they have been turned back....

images (37).jpg
BUT, don't worry guys.....Dib will join you soon.....

images (38).jpg

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get rid of Hasler and make a push for a new board in February, and you will be the greatest CEO Canterbury has had even before a ball has been kicked during your tenure

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just spoke to a former Eels first grader who was there when he was GM. Long story short .... We have just arrived at Destination Fucked!!!
I'd rather hear the long story

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather hear the long story
Ambitions were to get a job where he could put his feet up and delegate. Shows no genuine interest in anyone at whatever organisation he is at. When there is any pressure or stressful, he will go hiding. Big believer of getting things done quickly and not having to worry about them with no detail to attention just as long as they get done. Going to be a long 3 years

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Offered the role or did he apply?
It's one or the other...

Either way, this is just to fill a position, it's obvious Des and Dib are the only ones who run the entire club.
Haven't done this often have you... The individual applies, goes through a selection process with a group of others and the club works out which one they want. They then offer the actual job to that person. If they accept, happy days, if not then they either go to the first runner up or start again.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Get rid of Hasler and make a push for a new board in February, and you will be the greatest CEO Canterbury has had even before a ball has been kicked during your tenure
Stop and think about it for a minute. You actually want someone to white-ant their bosses and get them out? What then? You have a completely untrustworthy CEO that no player manager will ever trust in place for the next 3 years. Should do wonders for us attracting new talent. Then of course having gotten rid of his bosses he then gets a new lot in. If you were one of them coming in would you trust the bloke who white-anted the previous board? So, you are effectively signing your death warrant by doing it and I'm pretty sure all the good feelings from the Kennel won't fill his family's bellies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ambitions were to get a job where he could put his feet up and delegate. Shows no genuine interest in anyone at whatever organisation he is at. When there is any pressure or stressful, he will go hiding. Big believer of getting things done quickly and not having to worry about them with no detail to attention just as long as they get done. Going to be a long 3 years
I'd say that's exactly why Dib picked him...

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop and think about it for a minute. You actually want someone to white-ant their bosses and get them out? What then? You have a completely untrustworthy CEO that no player manager will ever trust in place for the next 3 years. Should do wonders for us attracting new talent. Then of course having gotten rid of his bosses he then gets a new lot in. If you were one of them coming in would you trust the bloke who white-anted the previous board? So, you are effectively signing your death warrant by doing it and I'm pretty sure all the good feelings from the Kennel won't fill his family's bellies.
Hills job is to clean up the mess and move the club forward.

There are no if's or but's standing in the way.

First job is too clean out Hasler & Dibshit as they are the main culprits of this downfall.

Hill will realize soon enough. Its either him or them

Des and Dib can go and get fucked

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
General Manager - Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club
November 1999 – October 2009 (10 years)
Andrew started working at the Parramatta National Rugby League in 1999 as Development Manager and held various positions including Game Development & Community Manager, Football Operations Manager, General Manager and Acting Chief Executive Officer. Andrew also held a Group Game Development & Community position covering the Parramatta Eels, Power Power NSL Club and Parramatta Two Blues Rugby Union.

General Manager Community & Game Development - GWS Giants
October 2009 – January 2011 (1 year 4 months)
Manage and lead the strategic direction of the AFL GWS Game Development team. Establish relationships with key community organisations.

General Manager League Integration & Game Development - National Rugby League
February 2011 – August 2016 (5 years 7 months)
Manage 400 National Game Development staff. Liaise with State Leagues and affiliaited stakeholders and act as a contact between ARL Commission. Manage and lead the High Performance department, including the Australian Kangaroos.

Various positions - Professional Appointments
February 2011 – Present (6 years 7 months)
Rugby League International Federation Company Secretary
Asia Pacific Rugby League Confederation Board member & Company Secretary
NSW Royal Life Saving Board Member
Rugby League World Cup Board Member - 2013

Chief Executive Officer - Rugby League World Cup 2017
August 2016 – Present (1 year 1 month)

Status
Not open for further replies.