Should we release Graham

Should we release Graham from his last year?

• Yes

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nathan Brown was interviewed on Triple M this afternoon and made a very interesting comment about Graham.

"We had a fair interest in James Graham a long time ago, but James Graham didn't want to leave Canterbury and Des didn't want him to go.

"Canterbury might not have a choice who they want to let go at the end of the day because if the NRL do the right thing and make them get under the cap like they should do, they may have to let a player go that they don't want to let go.

With our supposed salary cap problem and Grahams loss of form would you be in favour of releasing him?

Reactions: DT

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. Only provided des doesn't have a say in who replaces him in the squad

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Graham like Hasler is living off past performances that are too far in the past....once rated one of if not the best prop in the world, now would not even rate in the top 20....not even a shadow of his former self

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes. Never rated him as highly as others on here. He is on a stupid amount of money for the type of player he is and the Knights are prepared to take him off our hands. Brown has talked about recruiting him for a while. We also have enough slow forwards...

Let him go.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
James Graham hasn't been the same since Black Friday, he was neutered after that game, he doesn't spray his teammates, he seems to lack passion & just seems like he hasnt fully recovered from BF & just wants to collect his backended deal & it's such a shame noe coz he'll ALWAYS be one of my favourite Bulldogs of ALL TIME.(pre black friday)

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of tolman or Graham needs to go, and considering Grahams salary preferably him.

Tolman can be our token plodder, every side needs one.

Eastwood needs to go, been at the club too long and his performances don't warrant his salary.

So with Kasiano, Eastwood and Graham gone, we would be well under the cap and could afford to go shopping. I think this will be the case at the end of 2018 (Graham and Eastwood) so we should be on the lookout for a prop and lock.

And end of 2018 should also see the end of the Morris boys. Hoppa back to centre and we should be looking to buy a fullback and centre.

Montoya on one wing, we need another winger.

Hopefully Foran and Browns work out, Mbye to hooker and 2019 could be on the up if we recruit well and hopefully have a couple of kids come through our junior system.
Oh, and a fresh new approach with a new coach.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rather see tolman and Eastwood go. But someone has to want them first, and no one would.
If we offered jammer, I don't think we'd have any trouble finding him another club.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
James Graham hasn't been the same since Black Friday, he was neutered after that game, he doesn't spray his teammates, he seems to lack passion & just seems like he hasnt fully recovered from BF
Agree.

The club didn't back him up. (they virtually threw him under the bus & ran over him)

The passion was sucked out of him after that.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay said when we signed Graham that he was not overly impressed with him his quote "he is always looking for the grass", however he is the only one of the three that another club would pay a fair % of is 2018 salary, I don't think another cub would pay much for Tolman, as for Eastwood mmmmmm very little if anything.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for Eastwood injury news; "Greg Eastwood will be sidelined for up to 6 weeks after tear in his meniscus (knee)" that was June 27th, six weeks ago on August 8th.
Any update?

~c.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with many, I thought he was always over-rated but his been another Tolman this season (and beyond that IMO) practically worthless imo and the fact we are paying $1 million for him is scary.

I also have to say, he is all talk no action, telling media how we have to step up only to come out and run like a pure powder puff which I think sums up what we have become as a club now days, all talk and pathetic action.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hell yes. I dare say that the bulldogs will fund 400k of his contract if he dows leave. 900k is fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.