Our fanbase has an unrealistic sense of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I said back in October what OP said now.
You all laughed but he is genius.

Please give credit.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol yeah you dickheads stop being entitled a shit team is acceptable

like if you owned a restaurant, 99% go bankrupt, so dont feel entitled to having a successful restaurant, expect failure or youre entitled

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So basically, all the clubs that are as powerful as us have won premierships more recently than us....but we are whingers because we hold ourselves to higher standards than the handful of loser clubs who have been waiting longer?

What a load of shit!

With the amount of money and resources we pour into winning, we should win more than we do. That's just a blunt truth mate.

Stop trying to play apologist for our insipid performances. It's silly. Are our fans demanding? Sure. We are a power club. They should expect a lot. The club is under delivering, it's that simple....

And winning premierships? Even if you think we should be more patient in waiting for a premiership, that's no excuse for the pathetic, woeful shit we are dishing up week after week this year.

It's stupid to blame the fan base when criticism of the way we are playing is almost universal and extends way beyond this fan base.

Why do you care more about the attitude of fans than you do about our team putting in performances that are not worthy of the jersey they wear?

This team fucking sucks and it's Dib and Hasler's fault.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's fair enough. But many of us seeing this long before 4 months ago.
The main thing is we are all on the same page now.
I said Des wont ever win a comp with us in 2014.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seems like that, but I think the Salary Cap is working. I can't see the Warriors or Gold Coast getting it in the next couple of years. Raiders perhaps...
Yep, the salary cap certainly works for the Broncos & Roosters! IT doesn't seem to work for the Warriors though with the NZ Spine!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Sorry for expecting more from our once proud club . Sorry for holding my team to higher standards than Eels, Raiders, Panfers.. nah fcuk that, we used to fuckin BREED CHAMPIONS, BREED QUALITY PLAYERS but because of the fuckin fraud of a coach we now have who doesn't have an ounce of Bulldog in him we have lost our dna we have lost our fuckin identity & pretty soon im gonna lose my fuckin mind coz of the gronk posing as nrl coach.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be worse, we could have the same standards as the Tigers.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, sorry. Just noticed the date of the thread. I assumed it was new. My bad.
Lol I did the same thing .. these bumps can catch you out

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our fan base wants a coach who is being paid 1mil+ to get this team firing on all cylinders.

Actually no most people want him to piss off but those are the two options.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is not only the poor results - lack of wins etc - that is disappointing it more the negative style of play. This is probably even more important. The team is dreadful to watch. Hasler seems to be obsessed with minimal errors, completing sets and defence. The players have lost attacking flair and creativity. As some commentators have said it's difficult to see where a try can be found from the team. Kicking game is ineffective. The players look disinterested and dispirited. All this is nothing new, it has been said before. However, it is not just a sense of entitlement, it is that most people can see that this coach is ruining the club and he hasn't even started his new two year extension. Madness. This could take years to remedy.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I said Des wont ever win a comp with us in 2014.
I remember telling you that end of 2012 and even you were an optimist and said to give him a bit of time lol

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are 15 other teams each year vying for a premiership, and yet our fanbase seems to expect that we should have AT LEAST a premiership if not more since our last one.

Not sure where this overwhelming sense of entitlement has come from, but it's time to stop being childish and tossing the toys out of the pram when things don't go as we want as supporters, and instead cope with a dose of reality.

Lets delve back to the last Bulldogs Premiership. It was 2004. Since then the following teams have won a premiership (and some been removed due to cap breaches).

2004 Bulldogs
2005 Wests Tigers
2006 Brisbane Broncos
2007 Melbourne Storm
2008 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
2009 Melbourne Storm
2010 St George Dragons
2011 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
2012 Melbourne Storm
2013 Sydney Roosters
2014 South Sydney Rabbitohs
2015 North Qld Cowboys
2016 Cronulla Sharks

So out of the above, how long has it been since sides won a premiership (up to 2016 end)?
Lets have a look as the results are astounding.

21 Years - New Zealand Warriors (0 Premierships / formed in 1995)
9 Years - Gold Coast Titans (0 Premierships / formed in 2007)

30 Years - Parramatta Eels (last 1986)
22 Years - Canberra Raiders (last 1994)
15 Years - Newcastle Knights (last 2001)
13 Years - Penrith Panthers (last 2003)

12 Years - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
11 Years - Wests Tigers
10 Years - Brisbane Broncos
6 Years - St. George Illawarra Dragons
5 Years - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
4 Years - Melbourne Storm
3 Years - Sydney Roosters
2 Years - South Sydney Rabbitohs
1 Years - North Queensland Cowboys
0 Years - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

So Dogs fans have gone 12 years without a premiership.
Knights, Panthers, Eels and Raiders fans have gone 13-22 years without a premiership.
Warriors and Titans fans are yet to celebrate a premiership.

So of them Raiders / Eels / Panthers fans should be up in arms whinging more than us right?

NOPE... only Bulldogs fans seem to get their whinge on about a lack of premierships, when better sides than us are yet to snag one as recently.

Lets review Panthers / Eels / Raiders further.

View attachment 2490

So since Hasler took the reigns, the other sides that have gone longer than us without a premiership, have actually done WORSE.

So next time you want to complain, have a think about the clubs that SHOULD be doing better than us, AREN'T doing better than us, and yet fans don't complain anywhere near as MUCH as "us".
You sound like castle

Status
Not open for further replies.