Players re-signed this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are all bad but Eastwood stands head and shoulders above them all there's no way he should have been re-signed.

There isn't a team with a higher percentage of plodders then the 'Dogs.

With Graham and both Morris's off contract there would have been light at the end of the tunnel at the end of next year if they didn't re-sign most of these.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eastwood isnoff contraxt next year too. Hopefully moved before hand.

Tolman has to go let him go now. Fuck him right off. Let Graham go to he's been amazing for us but he's done. Mentally, physically he's done. Let him head back to St. Helens and have some fun again. Or even knights if they still want him.

Use the money on Cronk ffs

Klemmer and Woods in the props.

Fuafalo at lock.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood
Tolman
Holland
Hopoate
Elliot

I think it's a clear indication of our direction.

4 of those signings are very questionable in respects to the clubs ambitions.

this is just another fuck des thread
The only problem is if the players dig their heels in as instructed by their agents and don't leave for eg. Eastwood and Tolman who are on big backended deals we are stuck with them and we are screwed. As I've said before the club worked on $10m and not $9.2m which is most likely the cap from 2018. So if one or two more are not moved on we could be starting next year playing for no points (if we win games that is).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Eastwood isnoff contraxt next year too. Hopefully moved before hand.

Tolman has to go let him go now. Fuck him right off. Let Graham go to he's been amazing for us but he's done. Mentally, physically he's done. Let him head back to St. Helens and have some fun again. Or even knights if they still want him.

Use the money on Cronk ffs

Klemmer and Woods in the props.

Jackson at lock.
Fixed it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only problem is if the players dig their heels in as instructed by their agents and don't leave for eg. Eastwood and Tolman who are on big backended deals we are stuck with them and we are screwed. As I've said before the club worked on $10m and not $9.2m which is most likely the cap from 2018. So if one or two more are not moved on we could be starting next year playing for no points (if we win games that is).

And as you say it appears from what I have read in the papers today that player managers are telling their clients just that; you have a contract and you make your club honour it.

With our players, if the figures being bandied about are close to the mark, there is no way in this wide world that another club would sign them for anywhere near the amount. It means that if players do move on, their next club will be paying a considerably less portion of their contract amount and they will get a what some would consider a bargain, with the club moving them on footing the bill for the remainder; Six and one half dozen of the other as it still eats up precious cap space. Would have to replace the higher paid players with those on lesser contracts and if you pay peanuts you will get monkeys and we already have enough higher paid ones of those at the moment.Eastwood reportedly has apparently already been told he will be playing Intrust next year if he stays, why should that bother him if he is being paid big dollars, it is not as if he has many years left in the game anyway.

Super coach and his penchant for back ended deals strikes again and truth be told he has greatly miscalculated in re-signing a few of our players in an effort to keep the core of the squad together for a few years more. There is a feeling of staleness amongst the players and what was perceived to work at the outset does not work now because we have not evolved over time to keep pace with the game. It made me sick last night to hear the criticism of our team, although I am not saying it was unwarranted. EVERYONE except those in charge can see it and suggestions have been given how to address it but it falls on deaf ears.
The NRL and the RLPA have a lot to answer for in all this discussion over the cap. How ridiculous to be nearing the end of 2017 and still not having an exact figure for next year; surely the cap should have been signed off on many, many months ago. We look to be in the position of not having the contracts of our new signings being signed off on by the NRL. Player transfers have been frantic and contract amounts spoken about have been out of control, so where have the NRL bean counters been in all of this?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing is (from what Paul Kent says) 11 of 16 clubs aimed at $10m. So if the NRL wanted to enforce the $9.2M they might find it difficult especially as I understand that only 5 clubs have signed on for next years competition. It could force another Super League which would be a desaster.

(footnote: I think we should now apply to have the spelling of the word disaster changed to desaster. It is a fitting & historically correct change to make).

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone keeps carrying on about these backended deals and how much some of our blokes are on. Leaving aside the question of whether they even exist these days or not, why would anyone think that Des has control over these things? He looks for a player for his roster that he needs to fill a gap or keep a gap closed and then tells Dib and Raels along with no doubt his recruitment manager of the time (Cleal) to look after it. I'm not saying he wouldn't be aware of the kind of money individual players would be on but with everything else he has to worry about why would he get involved in the negotiations over quantum/timing of individual players? That is the job of the CEO not the coach. the only time I could envisage Des getting involved would be if Raelene told him she couldn't get the deal done and he might need to sit down with the player/manager and talk it through.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah but its players fault ok?

Des is not there dropping balls, playing shit and brain dead game plan.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Everyone keeps carrying on about these backended deals and how much some of our blokes are on. Leaving aside the question of whether they even exist these days or not, why would anyone think that Des has control over these things? He looks for a player for his roster that he needs to fill a gap or keep a gap closed and then tells Dib and Raels along with no doubt his recruitment manager of the time (Cleal) to look after it. I'm not saying he wouldn't be aware of the kind of money individual players would be on but with everything else he has to worry about why would he get involved in the negotiations over quantum/timing of individual players? That is the job of the CEO not the coach. the only time I could envisage Des getting involved would be if Raelene told him she couldn't get the deal done and he might need to sit down with the player/manager and talk it through.
Des is a control freak who is crazy about figures and used the same strategy of back ending contracts at Manly. I don't see how you can say the CEO is responsible for a strategy that has followed the coach from a club the CEO never worked for.

Come on dude, this is Manly after Des 2.0....the only difference is we didn't win agonp before the back ending came back to bite us.

It's all on Des mate. He has a say in who we sign and he has a say in how contracts are structured.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly don't care anymore, the club has taken everything out of me this season, I can't even be bothered swearing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If recruitment and retention were doing their job properly we could have looked like this next yr...

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Tapau
12. Jackson
13. Finucane

14. Elliot
15. Taulau
16. RFM
17. Fualalo

And plenty of depth..

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If recruitment and retention were doing there job properly we could have looked like this next yr...

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Tapau
12. Jackson
13. Finucane

14. Elliot
15. Taulau
16. RFM
17. Fualalo

And plenty of depth..
Take away woods and foran for next year, the bulk of your side should have been there 2 years ago.
Spine of mbye foran and cook has speed and creativity.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is still plenty of good players avail
Bodene thompson
Charlie gubb
Peni terepo etc
Our pack needs some shit in it(agression), not the shit we have in our pack atm, its a different kind of shit! even klem has rained in his agro.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I can't stand Ricky Stuart we need someone to do what he did at Parra. Tell players they are free to go and not part of the clubs plans. Hopefully we get a coach willing to do that rather than tell all the players how great they are.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On the basis of the recruitment and retention over his tenure ALONE, Des shouldn't have survived last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.