Can the 2017 Team outscore Hazems 2004 points??

Can our whole team score as many points as Hazem did alone in 2004?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair Hazem played 4 extra games that season. He scored 288 that yeah in the regular season. We probably won't even get near that haha
Now you are getting technical.....

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Canterbury match Hazem El Masri’s pointscoring total from 2004?
CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI, The Daily Telegraph
July 28, 2017 6:28pm
Subscriber only
HAZEM El Masri versus Des’s sorry Dogs.

Struggling Canterbury are facing the ultimate embarrassment of failing to score more points than what club favourite El Masri was able to punch out on his own during the 2004 premiership season.

The Bulldogs have posted just 260 points after 21 rounds _ the worst in the NRL _ and have been rated by the bookies as an ‘’even-money chance’’ to better El Masri’s magical 342 points.

Their eight points against Penrith on Thursday night was flattering. Finals-bound Parramatta, Manly and St George Illawarra await in the remaining five rounds.

Former proud Bulldogs last night backed El Masri to come out on top.

El Masri scored 342 points in 2004.
“Based on how they have performed this year, the great man is safe,’’ Graeme Hughes said.

Brett Kimmorley told The Saturday Telegraph: “They’ll be lucky to score 20 points the next five rounds.’’

“Watching them Thursday night, there were so many times in the attacking end the forwards were catching the ball and standing still,’’ Kimmorley said.

“It looked like the ball was going to the wrong person.

TIPS: Who will win in Round 21

CLOSE: Dragons nearly lost Dufty

“If the structure is too confusing, pull it back. If the players aren’t doing it by now, and they started training in November, you need to coach to the quality of the players you’ve got, not the style you want to coach as a coach.

The attack these days is a second to two seconds faster than what it was two years ago, which means you need to play more over the ‘ad-line’, straighter running, more momentum football.

“They haven’t evolved

Canterbury have struggled to score all season.
They’ve got a fullback (Will Hopoate) who runs for 250m but rarely passes, and they’ve lost faith in their No. 9 (Michael Lichaa), so they’ve turned to their halfback (Moses Mbye) who they paid too much money for to go from a half to a dummy-half.

“I think your spine has to have four dynamic playmakers who can all pass and look at what is in front of them and play some adlib football.’’

Kimmorley, who finished his NRL career with the Bulldogs, said new recruits Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods would make a difference, but it was a case of ‘’replacing what they’ve got with what they’ve got’’.

“And everyone gets a year older,’’ Kimmorley said.

Hughes, who won a premiership with the Dogs in 1980 — and often vented his frustrations about the current Dogs of Snore on his ‘Talkin’ Sport’ radio program, including punting Hasler — told The Saturday Telegraph: “I don’t understand their attack, and I don’t see anything creative at all in what they do.

LISTEN! The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio, Paul Suttor and Christian Nicolussi look at all the big issues facing the NRL in round 21.

“I don’t understand what has gone on with their recruiting, I don’t understand who they have been shopping around, and I certainly don’t understand how a slugfest on a rainy night can earn someone (Hasler) a two-year extension.

“I can see Kieran making a difference next year, but on what there currently is, it will need to be a massive difference.’’

The TAB were asked to frame a mock market for El Masri versus the Dogs, with Glenn Munsie happy to make Canterbury $2 hopes to reel in their golden boot.

El Masri also racked up 296 points in 2006 and 294 in 2003, two records that could still yet be out of reach for the dreadful class of 2017.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bwah ha ha ha ha!

EVERYONE sticking the boot it!

It's One thing for us fans to do it here with Bakes' "Post of the Year", but for the media to do it and have a ball with it means, one thing...they feel sorry for us!!

Well done Des and Dib, you've take us from "the entertainers" "dogs of war" "backs to the wall/ siege masters" - to the "Dogs of snore" a subject of ridicule and pity.

Fucking spectacular job guys!

Go fuck yourselves, then go fuck off!

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well at least Hasler can make histroy at the dogs the worst attack in histroy his doin great him and dib.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Protest banners must b put up at the games the bloke needs to go

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has nothing to offer but heart ache

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can confirm that Bakes and Christian Nicolussi are one and the same person !

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, this is the leading contender for POTY ( Post of the year!) IMO!!

Now we can at least have something to get excited about...will we or won't we?

LOL!!

already been plagiarized shamelessly by few leading journos.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's now obvious that for the '17 Dogs to score 78 points in 4 games to draw with Haz is too much. I have read other people say that Haz played finals so it isn't fair. OK then. Take 54 points off. That would mean that the '17 Dogs now have to score 24 points in 4 games to equal Haz at 6 points per game. On paper that seems very easy, but can they do it? I have my doubts!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's now obvious that for the '17 Dogs to score 78 points in 4 games to draw with Haz is too much. I have read other people say that Haz played finals so it isn't fair. OK then. Take 54 points off. That would mean that the '17 Dogs now have to score 24 points in 4 games to equal Haz at 6 points per game. On paper that seems very easy, but can they do it? I have my doubts!
Thing is, the comparative shouldn't have to take off haz's points in the finals.

It only helps highlight how shit the 2017 team is.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

to be fair in 2004 there were only 15 teams not 16 , so hazem played against less teams than 2017 bulldogs team

however games were still 24 as they are this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.