• Will be extended past 2019 season

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Til the end of 2022. Anything before then would be hasty and inpatient for such a innovative coach with an impeccable record that speaks for itself.

We can still make the finals people!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think losing games this year is gonna change the clubs decision. We have the least creative spine in the comp easily, the roster is the issue that needs to be fixed which isnt gonna change week to week. Fair enough the roster has been recruited by des but we're not gonna get much better in attack eith the current players, i dont really think its prodominantly a structure problem anymore

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The word is that he will be sacked Nov 1 as that's the day his payout reduces. I'd like to think the dogs will do this. But honestly I think they'll give him a cracked next season. Foran and woods will help us. But not as much as first expected. The players have become stale. We have no set plays. Literally got nothing.

A new coach would be a fresh start for most players, and imo bring out the best. A new voice and a new game plan will help. Our game plan and tactics needed adjusting back in 2014. Time for change. Time to hold the players accountable also. Tough decisions need to be made and des just can't do it. He's too stubborn the ****.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well so long as supporters continue to go and pay for the rubbish then he will see out his two years. You want him out don't let them take your money and go to the games to give them any reason to think we are ok with keeping him and Dib

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question: What happens if another coach comes in, and literally nothing changes with how we play?
Dumb question because there's no chance of a new coach playing this same style...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last night was clear evidence our culture is dead and buried.

In years gone by, 100% we have a rebound win when coach and/or team is under fire.

Flatlined....

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I chose end of this season. we can only hope. Only obstacle has to be paying him out
I think the pay out is what is saving him for now

And the few stupid hacks on the board that can't admit they were wrong in signing Des to another few years.

I think he will be given next season to prove himself with the new recruits.

I personally can't see enough will change and Des will get the tap on the shoulder at the end of next season

I think a lot will change next year

Board members will change

Fan memberships as a result of last few seasons will drop

Sponsors will put pressure on the club

Dogs won't get as many free to air games

And end of next year will be the beginning of a complete overhaul within the club from the top through to the players

Our elusive premiership is a long way down the track guys

I am now at peace with things

I acknowledge the immediate future is bleak but look forward to watching our club rebuild again

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That seems highly unlikely wouldn't you think considering how vocal you've been about Des' style of play?

Or are you back on Des now? I can never keep up with your opinion set, buddy :grinning:
No I've always been "sick to Des" of how we are playing (see what I did there), but it's not worth worrying over given nothing will change.

Board is stacked - so giant "fuck you" to the fans there.
Coach is supported by the board - so another giant "fuck you" to the fans.
CEO doesn't give a shit and club are too busy trying to find a replacement - so a third fuck you to the fans.
aaannd the players don't give a fuck as they still get paid, and the shittier you play the less injuries you potentially get whilst getting paid same amoount - the final fuck you to the fans.

The fans are being taken for a ride on so many levels it's beyond a joke, and there is nothing we can do.

HOWEVER when one person makes a move the whole thing will come crashing down.

Wouldnt' suprise me if no CEO wants the CEO job here.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'll hold onto this job for dear life because once he's out the door, he's unemployable.
No matter how bad any club is doing, they'd be fucking insane to sign him.

Luckily the bulldogs have the money to spend on all the bullshit he demanded. Imagine if he was at Newcastle, he would have run them into the ground financially and then sued them to pay out his contract after he drove them into bankrupt and rubbed out of the NRL.
Unemployable? The Warriors would take him in a heart beat they had an article on it here in BZ earlier this week (hypothetical)

Knights would take Des too

NSW too

Super League if all else fails

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Question: What happens if another coach comes in, and literally nothing changes with how we play?
If that happens youll know youve picked the wrong new coach.
Dean Pay will be a disaster.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a hypothetical guys, I hear in the media and im sure its what dibshit & co are thinking---- Give Des the first half next season with his super signings(forehead and Sharon) and see where we are before we sack him. My hypothetical is what if Forehead gets injured or is otherwise unfit for football, do we keep Des until he is fit and gels in the side????? Surely we just fuck him off now and deal with what may come!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he will see out his contract and then sign up some more, 2018 will be a very good year for the Doggies IMO!!8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.