Board Meeting called for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des won't be going anywhere and will be the coach next year. In fact, he will see out his new contract.
The only way he won't be the coach is IF the board get replaced and then he is almost certain to survive.
This is a normal monthly meeting and yes our poor form will be discussed.
Trial by media happened to a lot of teams. Souths, Saints, Penrith, Manly, Titans and us have all been going to sack the coach in the last 2 years ...... media has a zero strike rate there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des won't be going anywhere and will be the coach next year. In fact, he will see out his new contract.
The only way he won't be the coach is IF the board get replaced and then he is almost certain to survive.
Trial by media happened to a lot of teams. Souths, Saints, Penrith, Manly, Titans and us have all been going to sack the coach in the last 2 years ...... media has a zero strike rate there.
The club also has zero strike rate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Liam Cox (7) claims the Dogs will be up for $1 million to pay out Des.

#aintgonnahappen

Here I was thinking you were a troll at signup... my uttmost apologies :grinning:

Good post!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see this happen but I can't see it going through. The solution is just too simple.

Will Jim Dymock be put in as the caretaker coach and what will be Ray Dib's future?
I like most agree Des needs to move on, but Jim Dymock is our attacking coach FFS! We are the least potent team in the competition and it's probably the worst attacking year in the modern era for our club.. where is Jim Dymock's accountability?? He needs to wear some Sh!t too... seriously, what is he getting paid to do as the "attacking" coach???

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like most agree Des needs to move on, but Jim Dymock is our attacking coach FFS! We are the least potent team in the competition and it's probably the worst attacking year in the modern era for our club.. where is Jim Dymock's accountability?? He needs to wear some Sh!t too... seriously, what is he getting paid to do as the "attacking" coach???
They will say it's because he's not allowed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with you but I also wonder how much input anyone has when Des is such a control freak and micro manager that wants everyone playing to his "structure".

Most other teams have halves coaches and forwards coaches and sprint coaches. If we have any of those then they clearly aren't doing anything either. But is that because of them or because Des is such a dictator that he doesn't just let the coaches express themselves?

He doesn't let the players play freely and I believe he doesn't encourage his assistants to be more involved also.

But Dymock and co do deserve blame for either not asserting themselves more or quitting if all of that is the case. If that were me I certainly wouldn't sit by and have my reputation ruined while Hasler won't let anyone have any input.

To be honest I think everyone's job, players and staff, need to be up for review whenever change occurs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with you but I also wonder how much input anyone has when Des is such a control freak and micro manager that wants everyone playing to his "structure".

Most other teams have halves coaches and forwards coaches and sprint coaches. If we have any of those then they clearly aren't doing anything either. But is that because of them or because Des is such a dictator that he doesn't just let the coaches express themselves?

He doesn't let the players play freely and I believe he doesn't encourage his assistants to be more involved also.

But Dymock and co do deserve blame for either not asserting themselves more or quitting if all of that is the case. If that were me I certainly wouldn't sit by and have my reputation ruined while Hasler won't let anyone have any input.
Is it just me, or does Jim Dymock cringe every time he has to do a half time interview at our home games. It is like he is reading from a script created by Hasler, repeating the same words over and over.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Jim Dymock cringe every time he has to do a half time interview at our home games. It is like he is reading from a script created by Hasler, repeating the same words over and over.
Haha. You're probably right. Still, Dymock could have left years ago if he hated it so much.

Reactions: DT

Kaltsos

Waterboy
Reaction score
Board meeting summary - 'we are not a reactive board & des will see out his contract with a probably extension'

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the 1 millionth time jim dymock or any attacking/defence coach purely carry out what the head coach wants

Status
Not open for further replies.