Board Meeting called for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
BREAKING: The @NRL_Bulldogs have called a board meeting for tomorrow to discuss coach Des Hasler's future. More details @FOXNRL

James Hooper

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo sounds like a monthly meeting, with part of the agenda dedicated to Des. Whether it goes to the "allocated" time is a different story.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mail is that Des and the board will come to an amicable agreement & he will be sacked.
No club releases a statement with their club in turmoil, announcing they are having a board meeting unless they are dumping a coach.
The Bulldogs administration have tortured their fans long enough without getting their hopes up for nothing .

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time this happened, Dib protected his mate remember! Hopefully this Board meeting is about Dib too BUT then again please someone wake me up from my sleep !!! lol

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Des to be named as CEO, Crusher will be taking over catering at ANZ, Toovey to be announced as head coach & our home game at Mt Smart each year will be changed to Brookvale & finally Eagle Rock will be our new team song

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My mail is that Des and the board will come to an amicable agreement & he will be sacked.
No club releases a statement with their club in turmoil, announcing they are having a board meeting unless they are dumping a coach.
The Bulldogs administration have tortured their fans long enough without getting their hopes up for nothing .
I have to agree. That said, last time they announced a board meeting it resulted in Des keeping his job and Turvey leaving the club.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des to be named as CEO, Crusher will be taking over catering at ANZ, Toovey to be announced as head coach & our home game at Mt Smart each year will be changed to Brookvale & finally Eagle Rock will be our new team song
and Tony Williams will be our mascot

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dean pay will be his replacement with dymock assisting him i think.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted this on the forum at 12:18pm and hooper tweeted this about an hour ago.

Fuck off hooper I was bull shitting

Sucked you in

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Des Hasler's future is set to be on the agenda at a meeting of the Canterbury football club board on Tuesday, with the Bulldogs coach under fierce scrutiny again less than four months after he was re-signed for two more seasons.

The blowtorch is back on Hasler with the Canterbury all but out of the semi-finals hunt and figures behind the scenes agitating again for change.

Barring a miraculous late-season surge the Bulldogs won't figure beyond the first weekend of September and for the first time since 2004, Hasler's first year at Manly, one of his teams will be miss the semi-finals.

After months of speculation Canterbury handed him a contract extension in April and if directors now choose to part ways with him it would be a stunning backflip.

It has been reported that the Bulldogs would have to pay out Hasler in the range of $1 million if they were to sack him.

The Bulldogs are adamant Tuesday's gathering is a regular monthly board meeting. But the performance of the team and Hasler will be discussed.

Canberra assistant Dean Pay has been regarded as the favourite to win the job as Canterbury coach should Hasler be moved on. Sources have told Fairfax Media, however, that the likely scenario in the event Hasler was sacked would be for long-time assistant coach Jim Dymock to take over in a caretaker capacity.

Bulldogs winger Brett Morris believes, however, it is the players, not the coach who should be wearing criticism.

"I suppose that's what happens when you're not winning games of football. Everyone looks for a scapegoat," Morris said. "Obviously they're trying to pick out Des.

"But if you look at it the players are the ones who have got to out there and perform and execute. I don't think we've been doing that. It's not up to Des to score the tries, it's up to the players out there.

"Des has the full support of the boys. Everyone loves Dessy as a coach. I can't believe that they're talking that sort of way.

source: smh

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Des Hasler's future is set to be on the agenda at a meeting of the Canterbury football club board on Tuesday, with the Bulldogs coach under fierce scrutiny again less than four months after he was re-signed for two more seasons....

...The Bulldogs are adamant Tuesday's gathering is a regular monthly board meeting. But the performance of the team and Hasler will be discussed....

....Bulldogs winger Brett Morris believes, however, it is the players, not the coach who should be wearing criticism.....

"Des has the full support of the boys. Everyone loves Dessy as a coach. I can't believe that they're talking that sort of way.""

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...y-bulldogs-board-meeting-20170724-gxhefo.html

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, there is nothing to indicate it is anything other than a regular board meeting, that they have every month?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BREAKING: The @NRL_Bulldogs have called a board meeting for tomorrow to discuss coach Des Hasler's future. More details @FOXNRL

James Hooper
Take it with a grain of salt.....its James Pooper!

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Twitter is out of control, especially the dogs site.

The comments on Des and Dib are ruthless, brutal and savage.

#enoughisenough

Status
Not open for further replies.