Pot - Kettle - Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now we have something else in common with them... getting pumped by 50+ during the season! YAY!!!!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha one of them called us the Con Air of online footy forums. That's pretty funny..... but if this is the Con Air of footy forums, silvertails is the My Fair Lady.

Seriously, as a society we focus too much on words and too little in intent and meaning. It is permissible to say some pretty awful things in certain societal circles as long as certain words aren't used.

There are at least two words I try to never use, but I agree the forum is a bit rich and as a society, swear words are the least of our problems these days. Swear words can even be a symptom of the problems in some cases...ie, people from more lower class areas are generally exposed to more profanity and it gets ingrained in their speaking habits. Basically the thread is a bunch of snobs bragging about their perceived superiority which is probably borne of privilege.

I don't agree with everything that is said on here and I don't like some of the language....but I'll never begrudge someone for swearing on here. I'm happy to use most of my sweating vocabulary on here (or in most other settings) myself.

Fuck them!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Funny thing is, some of the racism over there is jaw dropping.

Mainly just a bunch of qld bogans trying to make themselves seem better by talking themselves up.

Kinda like someone from Whalan trying to convince people they live in a safer and more exclusive area than someone in Woolwich.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny thing is, some of the racism over there is jaw dropping.

Mainly just a bunch of qld bogans trying to make themselves seem better by talking themselves up.

Kinda like someone from Whalan trying to convince people they live in a safer and more exclusive area than someone in Woolwich.
Are bogans only from QLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.