• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You'll be surprised how many people do not understand the concept of sarcasm. I like to use blinkers when using sarcasm to not confuse those who have not acquired the skill of understanding when sarcasm is being used.
/sarcasm on
Because they are smarter than us
/sarcasm off
I remember there was a period here on the kennel , where posters were encouraged to post sarcastic comments in blue so everyone knew...LOL!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, keep him in NSW Cup we are cooked in NRL and putting him into a team low on confidence and a unfriendly half game plan will do nothing for him.
Playing in the Cup finals under pressure where he is the big dog of the team will be better for his development.
100%..why ruin a talented player over six rounds when the culture, attitude and desire has all but disappeared.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Been in decent form.

Would like to see him in FG next to Reynolds, with Mbye at hooker.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/channels/insightsportstv/139645784
Some more highlights from the season before when he lead Ipswish to the QLD Cup premiership win
You seem to have a large hardon for this fella , my question to you is he worth tipping a load over or are we just that shit ? Id have no problem seeing him have a crack, cant be worse than what we are dishing up atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
3 words though: Second Tier Cap

We can't affod to keep promoting fringe first players in hope that one of them starts to fire.

I'm not 100% certain who is in our top 25, but I reckon we'd be close to second tier cap already given we have played: Montoya, Frawley, Abbey, Taulau, Fine, RFM, Holland, Lee, Saunders all this year so far (and I may have missed someone).

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 words though: Second Tier Cap

We can't affod to keep promoting fringe first players in hope that one of them starts to fire.

I'm not 100% certain who is in our top 25, but I reckon we'd be close to second tier cap already given we have played: Montoya, Frawley, Abbey, Taulau, Fine, RFM, Holland, Lee, Saunders all this year so far (and I may have missed someone).
The second tier cap is garbage. The NRL needs to see the best possible players promoted either way green injury strikes or when their form dictates. To deny good prospects from being promoted is a sure way to ensure that youth will change clubs at the drop of a hat in hours of creating an NRL career for themselves.

I honestly haven't seen Cleeland play, but it sounded like his attacking flair was what we needed when we sign need him and from more recent stuff I've read it seems like he's come along well defensively too.

I do see a few minor improvements happening with Frawley. He's making his kicks faster than when he debuted. But if Cleeland is killing it in the lower grades I'd like to see him get a shot from the bench in place of Lichaa.

Last edited by a moderator:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cleeland might be the Joey Johns of NSW Cup but what makes everyone think that Des knows this.
Des doesn't even go to the reserve grade games, so, he wouldn't have a fucking clue.
He only asks for reserve graders when the 1st grader is injured or playing SOO.
Calls the reserve grade coach...."Ummmm (nose whistle), send me your best winger and your best 2nd rower (nose whistle). Josh Jackson and BMoz have SOO duty.
Montoya shIws up...." ummmm (nose whistle), what is your name son? (Nose whistle). Have we met before?

Proof is in the pudding.
Every reserve grader that has come up, has stayed in 1st grade....what does that tell you?

Elliott
Stanley
Montoya
Frawley
Tualau

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hasler probably doesn't even know who he is.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, keep him in NSW Cup we are cooked in NRL and putting him into a team low on confidence and a unfriendly half game plan will do nothing for him.
Playing in the Cup finals under pressure where he is the big dog of the team will be better for his development.
I agree. Bloody kids in the current first grade environment will do more harm than good.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even a Cronk + Foran halves combo would fail under Des. Best thing for Cleelands career would to not play in Des' team
In any other context this would be nothing but sarcasm.

In this context it is the simple truth. How sad it is. Sadder is the fact that I can still remember the fanfare of 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.