Value for Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you Surprised?

We have the most expensive winger in the comp. Was brought over to play FB which was a fuckup.

We currently have over $1m tied up in the hooking role (Mbye & Lichaa)

We have a centre playing FB, first off it was a winger now a centre. Who knows maybe Elliott will be FB next year.

How much do we have tied up next season in Tolman, Graham, Klemmer, Woods, Eastwood all who are either props or locks?

Eastwood was re-signed last year on the same amount as Vaughan. Signing Vaughan when he approached the Dogs would of cancelled out Eastwood and Woods for next season

We have purchased a broken Foran on a ridiculous amount

When is the rot going to stop?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you Surprised?

We have the most expensive winger in the comp. Was brought over to play FB which was a fuckup.

We have a centre playing FB, first off it was a winger now a centre. Who knows maybe Elliott will be FB next year.

How much do we have tied up next season in Tolman, Graham, Klemmer, Woods, Eastwood all who are either props or locks?

Eastwood was re-signed last year on the same amount as Vaughan. Signing Vaughan when he approached the Dogs would of cancelled out Eastwood and Woods for next season

I agree we can cut Eastwood & Graham. No team would covet their deals though.

My understanding Foran is not on as much as you would think. He is on less than what the Tigers paid for Reynolds.

He had such few options due to his personal life. He also has to play 18 games a year to get his full pay from what I am told.

He is quality. If he can stay injury free he is the one hope of turning us around.

I just wish we had a goal kicker that was an automatic selection in the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des Hasler.

Hahahahahahaha.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team is unbalanced. It's forward heavy yet we don't play a forward dominant game. We don't run with the ball. We use our forwards as distributors.

If you have 3 rep quality props get them to steam onto the ball and hit it at speed. Get a roll happening with graham, klemmer and kas carting the ball down field with quick play the balls. Not only will you fatigue the opposition but you will make space out wide if the defence compresses

We are a forward heavy team with big bux spent on our twins. Any other coach would use our strengths better then persist with a 6 year old game plan that was successful very briefly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
An NBA player at a titty bar spends his money more wisely than Hasler has managed our cap over the last six years.

The board continually letting him sign off on desperate high priced, backended deals for questionable signings is like giving an ice addict the keys to a pharmacy and expecting things to still be there the next day.

The problem is, long after Hasler is fired, we'll be cap fucked for years. For that I blame the board for not vetoing the horrible deals that Hasler made.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The team is unbalanced. It's forward heavy yet we don't play a forward dominant game. We don't run with the ball. We use our forwards as distributors.

If you have 3 rep quality props get them to steam onto the ball and hit it at speed. Get a roll happening with graham, klemmer and kas carting the ball down field with quick play the balls. Not only will you fatigue the opposition but you will make space out wide if the defence compresses

We are a forward heavy team with big bux spent on our twins. Any other coach would use our strengths better then persist with a 6 year old game plan that was successful very briefly.
We badly needed to go back to basics like Dragons did this season.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just don't understand why the club never takes chances on players who have capability and on the cheap. Players that come to mind are; Uate, Ado Carr, Moga, Vaughan etc etc. Our recruitment strategy has been woeful for a very long time. Instead we are willing to pay big dollars for props and wingers. Just doesn't make sense!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we can cut Eastwood & Graham. No team would covet their deals though.

My understanding Foran is not on as much as you would think. He is on less than what the Tigers paid for Reynolds.

He had such few options due to his personal life. He also has to play 18 games a year to get his full pay from what I am told.

He is quality. If he can stay injury free he is the one hope of turning us around.

I just wish we had a goal kicker that was an automatic selection in the team.
I don't really believe the must play 18 games part of the contract. An injury is hardly under his control and theres no way he'd accept those terms when he hasn't actually had any long term injuries apart from the latest hamstring problem

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you Surprised?

The rot will stop, when Hasler gets the chop!

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We badly needed to go back to basics like Dragons did this season.

you want the master fraud to change his ways cos he has been proven wrong?

he will fucken do more of what he is doing, you watch.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The writing is on the wall and roosters just amplified what we all know. They have smacked the knights tonight when they decided to finally play some football.. yet a full strength side at belmore just won't because of a lucky bounce at the 78th minute. I said it in game day thread last night. I'm done with the dogs this year. I'll be done with them if I see the same shit early next year. Only way I'm gona follow with interest anymore is if the wanker des is sacked and Dib leaves or gets voted out and we recruit people like Ennis etc who can throw some passion back into the coaching staff. It all starts with the head.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only bit I dont agree with is Foran

We need changes in the spine, and hes a welcome addition

Reynolds has had enough time to take control, the Tigers can have him for 800K

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too much deadwood on big $$$ is it any wonder we have to sign part time fullbacks

Going on 5 seasons next year and still no fullback... Our forward pack also needs more than Woods. Woods adds zero tackling aggression so we only have Jackson who can put on good hits. The pack is powder puffed with Tolman and Graham who are both on massive overs.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The whole backline bar Montoya and Mbye needs to be chopped. Hoppa can stay but not at fullback, too slow. Half the forward pack needs to be chopped Also.
But Des needs to be chopped now!

Status
Not open for further replies.