Now that we are out of finals contention....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our season is gone. Anyone who says otherwise has just watched their first NRL game.

Will Hasler change things or try things?

Surely its time to try some of the younger guys especially in the halves and backline.

Lewis or Cleeland must get a crack. Lichaa on the bench is like have a spare tyre on a boat. The Morris boys have gotten old very quickly. Chase Stanley is an injury waiting to happen. And Hoppa, well I wish church was on Thursday-Sunday.

But Hasler is a stubborn old fool and will persist with the same crap because he trusts his calculator and that calculator is telling him we are still a chance of making the finals.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno NSW Cup are going pretty well and pulling players out will ruin their season I have also heard our second tier salary cap is maxed out anyway.

With the current state of the team I think bringing in any young half like Lewis or Cleeland will do more harm then good for their development.

Bring back Brenko to work on his defence when the games don't really matter and give RFM long minutes to see how he handles it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As Spoonman says, the salary caps for NRL and second tier are pretty complicated and unfortunately mean you can't necessarily just chuck a bunch of lower grade guys into top grade and vice versa.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our season is gone. Anyone who says otherwise has just watched their first NRL game.

Will Hasler change things or try things?

Surely its time to try some of the younger guys especially in the halves and backline.

Lewis or Cleeland must get a crack. Lichaa on the bench is like have a spare tyre on a boat. The Morris boys have gotten old very quickly. Chase Stanley is an injury waiting to happen. And Hoppa, well I wish church was on Thursday-Sunday.

But Hasler is a stubborn old fool and will persist with the same crap because he trusts his calculator and that calculator is telling him we are still a chance of making the finals.
It's taken you until now to realise the season is gone? It went four weeks ago. The win against the Knights was a fluke; unplanned, and a gift from an unlucky kick.

Last night was the true Bulldogs. Off to a promising start, then total surrender. The Knights game was trending the same way except for Mby's lucky charge down.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's taken you until now to realise the season is gone? It went four weeks ago. The win against the Knights was a fluke; unplanned, and a gift from an unlucky kick.

Last night was the true Bulldogs. Off to a promising start, then total surrender. The Knights game was trending the same way except for Mby's lucky charge down.
To be honest I thought our season was gone when Manly flogged us in round 3 I think. That was the first sign that these players lacked the Bulldog mentality and gave up too easily. That was as soft as I have seen from a Dogs effort ever. I exclude Jackson and Klemmer from that.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am someone that was initially a big fan of Hasler. Over the weeks and over the years however, i have really started to dislike him. I can guarantee you that Richie Kennar is a machine. The bloke can solve so many of our problems and i can't stand it when he still has not had a shot. The guy has speed, agility and strength. What is Des thinking. Moreover, i have been watching Josh Cleeland a lot this year. The guy is a pocket rocket.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will not give up on this team! Dib said give them till the end of the season! Hasler will have them primed for the next 6 games! Everything is going the way Hasler planned it, and the team is ready to win the next 10 games straight...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will not give up on this team! Dib said give them till the end of the season! Hasler will have them primed for the next 6 games! Everything is going the way Hasler planned it, and the team is ready to win the next 10 games straight...
The end of the season? Or the end of our season?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am kind of relieved its over tbh. No more stress. There is no reason to believe we will win the reqd 6/6 by margins to make the 8. We havent had that kind of form for years. Not capable of it.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_0119.JPG said give them till the end of the season!

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know how des hasler can could say anything after the broncos game, we are so stale by about 3 or 4 years,kasiano graham reynolds josh morris brett morris klemmer are all stale the only exiting player is kerrod holland who was dropped for reasons unexplained

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I felt nothing last night, infact I wasn't too far off my prediction of 38-10 Bronc's. I take no joy in picking a score against them but we are done! I expect nothing new or different for the rest of the year, stick a fork in me I am done.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
These players don't need to be poisoned by Haslers systems anymore than they are now.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am someone that was initially a big fan of Hasler. Over the weeks and over the years however, i have really started to dislike him. I can guarantee you that Richie Kennar is a machine. The bloke can solve so many of our problems and i can't stand it when he still has not had a shot. The guy has speed, agility and strength. What is Des thinking. Moreover, i have been watching Josh Cleeland a lot this year. The guy is a pocket rocket.
Kennar did well in nrl games he played for storm. Always a handful. Anyone but des wouldve picked him in front of holland.
Guess good enough to play first grade under bellamy doesnt mean good enough for des lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did Hasler sign Kennar if he insists on playing Holland and Stanley in front of him? Same with Brenko Lee. Nothing he does makes any sense. I feel sorry for all the guys in reserves busting their asses that can't get a crack in a team that's near last.

If it is cap related, then this just proves how dumb that rule is. If you can't blood youngsters at the end of a lost season then when can you blood them? Surely common sense would prevail...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's time for Hasler to step aside, go on a holiday and let the players who give a crap play for pride.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Surely Hasler will be gone before the next game

Status
Not open for further replies.