Bulldogs legend considers move against chairman Ray Dib

Status
Not open for further replies.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury legend Paul Dunn is considering running at the upcoming Canterbury board elections in a move that would again put him on a collision course with Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib.

Members will head to the ballot box early next year in what is likely to be a fiery fight for control of the "family club". The pair had previously served on the board together, but had a bitter falling out. It could well be a case of history repeating. Three years ago, Dunn launched a coup against Dib, but the latter prevailed at the ballot box.

Much has changed since then and there is likely to be considerable pressure on Dib if a rival ticket is formed. Supporters of the blue and whites are far from happy about the club's plight. The Bulldogs' premiership drought is likely to extend to a 14th year, with the 13th-placed side in danger of missing the play-offs altogether for the first time under Des Hasler.

Many fans have been critical of the decision to extend Hasler's tenure and are also upset the club didn't retain Wests Tigers-bound Josh Reynolds. There is also discontent about the treatment of another favourite son, Steve Mortimer, who stepped down from the board after publicly questioning whether Hasler is the right fit for the Bulldogs.

Mortimer's support of Dib at the last election was crucial to that outcome, but it is unlikely "Turvey" will back him again this time.

Dunn said he was still considering whether to go ahead with a bid for the boardroom.

"You've got to nominate by November; we'll work something out by then," Dunn said.

"If I got involved I wouldn't be doing it for the sake of the exercise. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out."

Dunn has been a vocal critic of the club and fears for its future.

"As I've said, it's going to be a long year," the former Clive Churchill medallist said. "I would estimate it would be a good two or three years before anything positive will evolve."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...against-chairman-ray-dib-20170708-gx7a05.html

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I really hope some change can come about.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From what I have heard around the traps this has been in the pipeline for quite a while......failed once already if it is to be successful it needs to be done right.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
Lmao good luck he ran the Rabbitohs into the ground and failed at the dogs too

Fuck off dunn

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep cost him his position as Deputy Chairman last time he tried to stab people in the back and organise a coup. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to become chariman, that person must first be elected onto the board.

Based on his previous efforts there's no way on earth Dunn would (and should) be voted anywhere near the Board of Directors. Just ask Souths how that worked out for them.

Besides it won't happen as the board is stacked that one sided Dib will only leave of his own choice.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was voted out last time.

So he is saying it's going to take 2 - 3 years, don't think fans will like that.

No way in the world will he get elected.

Reading the article he is hedging his bets. It's like will I or won't I.

IMO: He has no plan ATM, on improving the current problems.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone would be better than Dib. But he has the club stacked with Lebs and will get in.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's funny how we used to make fun of Parra and Fitzgerald and the circus that surrounded that club for over a decade. We also hammered Parra about their premiership drought.

Well now our club has zero stability, no plan for the future and is being run by bigger morons than Fitzgerald, if that's possible. And now our premiership drought looks like continuing on for another decade the way the club is headed.

Sad days indeed. Dunn doesn't seem like the answer. Des and Dib definitely aren't. How the hell did we get to this point?

Peter Moore must be rolling around in his grave. A lifetime of hard work building us into one of the best run clubs year after year is now a distant memory because we've become a basketcase.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny how we used to make fun of Parra and Fitzgerald and the circus that surrounded that club for over a decade. We also hammered Parra about their premiership drought.

Well now our club has zero stability, no plan for the future and is being run by bigger morons than Fitzgerald, if that's possible. And now our premiership drought looks like continuing on for another decade the way the club is headed.

Sad days indeed. Dunn doesn't seem like the answer. Des and Dib definitely aren't. How the hell did we get to this point?

Peter Moore must be rolling around in his grave. A lifetime of hard work building us into one of the best run clubs year after year has is now a distant memory because we've become a basketcase.
Unless des can jag a gf in the next two years , which seems unlikely we are 13th or whatever and the worst attack in the comp, foran woods may push us into the 8 next year but we gots a shit load of other areas to sort.
Then what after two years does super coach get extended for "making the 8 "again or we strip down new coach rebuild.
A few lean years to assemble a sqaud then become competitive. By then we are looking at 20 odd years drought even then its not set in stone :upset:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I know is we need Mortimer back

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I hate the roosters I have to envy nick politis as a chairman generally the team is his number one priority
And if something's not working at the roosters he fixes it if they not getting results he is quick for a please explain
Eg if the halfs ain't working together they identify the problem and he is out wining and dining his next target which they land 8-9 times out 10
Look at Tedesco with the dogs we offered him apparently huge coin and the roosters get him on considerably much lower money
Everything in our back room is wrong
Where as bullfrog would pitch Canterbury as a family club and in the past we could land most our targets

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the voting model needs to change.
It's a crock of shit that the proxy votes go to the sitting board. It should be "counted votes" that decide the board. The way it is ATM, if less than half the members turn up, then the board don't need a single vote on the night.
If you don't care enough to turn up and vote, then you don't get a say.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the voting model needs to change.
It's a crock of shit that the proxy votes go to the sitting board. It should be "counted votes" that decide the board. The way it is ATM, if less than half the members turn up, then the board don't need a single vote on the night.
If you don't care enough to turn up and vote, then you don't get a say.
They only voted for proxy votes to go to the sitting board a few years ago and guess who was pushing hard for the change.......Dib.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly think ex players with a deep appreciation and understanding of a club have a critical role in the modern day RL club, but it is a big question to put someone on a board for that reason alone.
It always concerns me when these articles portray a person as the perfect fit to get us back on track cause they played 300 games. That alone does not in any way make you the person to drive a multi-million dollar entity into the future.
As far as Turvey is concerned, it was either a massive lack of judgement or maybe he knew what would happen to him with those comments but could not stand to be part of what he was seeing. Regardless, the dogs are a better club with someone like him involved in some capacity which is the most upsetting part.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I hate the roosters I have to envy nick politis as a chairman generally the team is his number one priority
And if something's not working at the roosters he fixes it if they not getting results he is quick for a please explain
Eg if the halfs ain't working together they identify the problem and he is out wining and dining his next target which they land 8-9 times out 10
Look at Tedesco with the dogs we offered him apparently huge coin and the roosters get him on considerably much lower money
Everything in our back room is wrong
Where as bullfrog would pitch Canterbury as a family club and in the past we could land most our targets
Yep hes very quick to address issues... he makes sure they regularly have a strong roster

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
listeningbto gus in the pre game this afternoon with newcastles chairman publicly saying if there is no change at the knights brown had to be the man to go

With a lot of the dribble gus goes on about he can make sense from time to time he was talking about politis the way he identifys a problem at the rooster coaching changes and swiftly fixes it and how there is no speculation or drag on it's usually done quick and no warning or any other non sence

Status
Not open for further replies.