Mick ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
after watching mick run around for Cronulla the last couple of years I noticed he cut a lot of the niggling shit out his game and was superb played what he saw although I wished it was the dogs we got that premiership with.

Now I watch him on fox footy I think he has made a good transition to media is a smart football mind well spoken respectful unlike blocker and Ben Elias pure meat heads

I don't know what happened with him and the dogs I don't think he has a lot of time for them I think hasler and co stuffed him around and if Hasler was to get the punt I hope who ever they employ to coach get mick in the scene as someone to work with our hookers
I think he could bring a lot to the table

He was passionate player
It's just my view

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked Ennis but wasnt devo when he was going because at Canterbury he led by a bad example, ad the other clowns with him and we gave away 8-10 penalties every week on pissing idiot refs off.

I know, not much has changed since he went.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan of his commentary tbh. Good on him for going to Cronulla, it meant he got a premiership. If he stayed he wouldn't have one so he should stop the sour grapes.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the niggle was good and the team needed it to inject some emotion into it and get going, who cares about penalties? the roosters arent scared to give away penalties and they are one of the form teams of the last 7 years

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I liked Ennis but wasnt devo when he was going because at Canterbury he led by a bad example, ad the other clowns with him and we gave away 8-10 penalties every week on pissing idiot refs off.

I know, not much has changed since he went.
actually much has changed, we were competitive and now we arent

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious Mick see's himself as a Shark these days and who could blame him what you would rather?

Playing in a premiership team where you took control and played freely or being stifled to play a certain way and not getting results.

He's paid for his opinion and I don't think anything he has said about our game plan or Des hasn't been true or over the top.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sharks supporters are still laughing we swapped Lichaa for Ennis

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know but far out it's bad enough when you have Anasta and him commentating any chance Anasta gets to have a jab at the dogs he does I like mick as a analyst he is smart knows the game
anasta needs to remember how he got his name playing in that superstar 01-04 team other wise he would have been just piggens nephew

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ennis, like many at Cronulla, was allowed to play his natural game and play it out as he saw it. Sure, the team mixed it up with a few set plays but by and large, it's an instinctive team who appear to be enjoying their footy.

The way many teams are playing nowadays is to encourage their spine to play freely within a structure to compliment it all.

Hopefully, we will be back playing the way footy was intended.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How does he have sour grapes? Because he is employed as an analyser of the game and he correctly points out the Bulldogs attack is a joke.

Wake up you moron
Might need to re read my post. I said I don't like his commentary (ie: during the games).

As you point out comments about the bulldogs are analysis which I don't disagree with but I hardly need Ennis pointing out the obvious.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it ain't great to have the teams flaws pointed out week in weekout by fox league experts but nothing changes we get promised as supporters it's gonna change game plan style under performing players are gonna have a go and 30 mins into a game back to the same old same old
I guess some of the squad are happy to get paid then the club wants us to pay for memberships and merchandise and attend games but they dish up ordinary boring football
I guaranteed if they signed contracts and were playing on a win loss rate they have a go like the teams of the past

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still niggled at cronulla. Remember him doing the viking clap after week 1 if the finals

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
after watching mick run around for Cronulla the last couple of years I noticed he cut a lot of the niggling shit out his game and was superb played what he saw although I wished it was the dogs we got that premiership with.

Now I watch him on fox footy I think he has made a good transition to media is a smart football mind well spoken respectful unlike blocker and Ben Elias pure meat heads

I don't know what happened with him and the dogs I don't think he has a lot of time for them I think hasler and co stuffed him around and if Hasler was to get the punt I hope who ever they employ to coach get mick in the scene as someone to work with our hookers
I think he could bring a lot to the table

He was passionate player
It's just my view

I wouldn't call Ben Elias a meat head, he is a pretty succeful business man.

Oh and fkuk ennis

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whatever personal opinions of Mick Ennis he definitely had more to offer than our current number 9 at present. I have some sympathy for Liccha. He was bought as a young player with potential but the current team structure appears too rigid for him to reach his potential. Mbye in a similar situation. Both need a change for their own development.

Status
Not open for further replies.