Mbye dreaming of origin call up

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye has reasonable running and passing skills and seems a capable defender. However, I don't think he has the qualities at the present needed for origin such as toughness, competitiveness, drive to win and game sense. NRL - probably best positions hooker, running 5/8 with a good organising half, centre or fullback. Origin? If he can develop qualities mentioned earlier maybe hooker or utility off bench. I cant see him as a playmaking half at any level at the moment. He doesn't appear to have the vision to set up plays, game management skills or the kicking game. Maybe alongside Foran next year he could develop as a playmaker but its a longshot and how long should he be given to develop as a half. He has had nearly 2 seasons so far.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't wait to say i told you so to all the haters tbh. Just hope Des hasn't permanently stiffled his development.
i agree with you. Mbye has great potential but Des is stuffing him up. Reynolds did not help him up because he is a runner of the ball and needs an organising half to take pressure off him. I'm hoping Foran is halfback with him five-eighth cause I think Foran will allow him to play his natural game and he will thrive.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad he doesn't feel as passionately about our jersey

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe he could. I don't particularly disagree with you...but I think he already is s very good hooked and that's his best position.

I actually could see him as a running half with a good organiser beside him.... but the fact he wanted a Des clause and seems to like playing to his kaka structures foesnt hovr me a great deal of faith in his judgment. If he wanted to be a good half, why would he ask for a get out clause if we were to shaft the coach who is actually holding back his development? Seems pretty stupid to me.

Honestly it probably doesn't matter where his best position is anyway as long as arseclown Hasler is at the club wasting the talent on our roster and squandering the team's potential.
Des has brainwashed the players, every player that plays under him talks about how much they love him. They then snap out of it when they leave lol.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I DREAM of a white Christmas every year................... not gonna happen while living here Moses

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye couldn't play with himself and he wants to play for qld his fucking dreaming alright fucking dumb arse coot needs to fuck back off to noosa he is the worst half ive ever seen keep pulling it dumb shit.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he had the attitude and confidence of reynolds or players like mitchell moses i.e keep on calling for the ball and back himself, he could have been a better player than what he is now.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses, thanks for bringing laughter to my day. I can't believe that you would even think you are up for Origin. But again, thanks for the laughs

Reactions: DT

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
At least he's acknowledged he's been mediocre. I still think he's being kind to himself. The thing I hate most about him is he avoids stuff he's not comfortable doing I.e goalkicking etc.

Anyway whatever, who cares what any of our players do at this point?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really want him to get picked

3 reasons

It will help New South Wales

He will be unavailable for the dogs for 1 week

Being an origin player the knights might pick him up like they did Trent

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NSW are dreaming of M'bye being called up too.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deluded - the two most useless players in the team Mbye & Licha seem to now be spokesman for the team - shut the F$.k up and start playing for the dogs like you give a shit

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This **** has tickets on himself. He must be thinking hes playing ok then? Someone need to tell him the harsh reality that he will never play origin unless he gets a new coach/team.
Agree, Mbye won't play Origin unless a) he gets a super good half inside him putting him into holes or b) plays under a new coach.
Best of luck to him though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't read the article but it was mentioned on my local radio station while I was at work today. I hope he's eventually good enough to get an origin call up but he's on par with Mundine in telling the world he was deserving of the origin role. Mundine at least played as a decent support runner. Mbye has the athleticism to play well in the backline, but as a half he's got a long long long way to go before he's origin ready. He's definitely got some tickets on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.