Bulldogs' Reynolds out of Dragons clash

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks playing park footy is anywhere near as hard as what the NRL blokes do week in and week out has copped one too many head knocks. if it was that easy then every kid in the reggies would just slot in and continue to be a star.....
This comment seems to be targeted towards my opinion on backing up so I will give the courtesy of a reply.

Players back-up 3-4 days after playing Origin and will often state they prefer a quick turn around.

Except for carrying injuries into a game there is no injury loading that occurs from playing extra minutes bar the fact that you are playing extra minutes.

So players can back up after Origin but you cant back up from reserve grade?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares about Holland. He can't do much damage from the bench.

Much bigger concern is Mybe & Frawley in the halves again. We will be luckly to lose by less than 30.

Worst half combination I have ever seen at Canterbury.

Last edited:

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Omg Holland
I truelly want the dragons to smash us by 50

A couple of week ago - he had another winger in moytoya on the bench

Ffs

And people trying to tell me not to boycott- lol

Des has done nothing in fixing fb since barba and has put players in there out of position.
He has done nothing to fix goal kicking problem
He has def done nothing to fix our woeful mr ruck lichha
He has not done anything with mbye

Go dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want us to implode to start again.

Get rid of des thread partition should be done

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What difference does that make? If he is named in the squad he's a chance of playing until they cut it to 17. I suppose everyone will be happier this week because Frawley has (1)7 on his back this week. Should make a big difference to where he plays on the field.:grinning:
Does this really need explaining . Cowboys and Eels did the right thing with Norman and Thurston respectively. Our club flat out took the piss. Pretty stupid to try defend imo.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No the rule is that if you play for the reggies you can't play NRL in the same round and vice versa.
I think it's, if you play FG you can't play reserves. You can play up though.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This comment seems to be targeted towards my opinion on backing up so I will give the courtesy of a reply.

Players back-up 3-4 days after playing Origin and will often state they prefer a quick turn around.

Except for carrying injuries into a game there is no injury loading that occurs from playing extra minutes bar the fact that you are playing extra minutes.

So players can back up after Origin but you cant back up from reserve grade?
Your words:

No different from the thousands of other adults who work 40+hrs and play knockouts and regular games.

Seriously, it is not that fucking hard.

My 17 year old cousin was working 40+ hrs a week plus playing sg ball for dogs and playing for the Blacktown workers against adults. Put Hutch Mauivai on his arse for good measure. ***** are soft these days is all.

Now you want to introduce a one-off game of Origin where the players typically struggle to back up? How many potential comps have the Broncos lost due to the hangover from Origin? That somehow compares with Ball and reggies? We have a problem in the game with head knocks and players being unable to pass concussion tests that sometimes lasts for weeks, despite high shots having been outlawed for years. Like it or not the bodies in FG are a lot fitter, faster and stronger than reggies and park football. The capacity of the person to absorb that kind of punishment and backup are limited. It's not just about the cardio aspects of the game it is the physicality. The players have mounted a continuing campaign to reduce the number of games they play due to the impact of the game on their bodies. Why would it make sense to tell them to play 2 games a week. They would go beserk and rightly so.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol.
Holland on the bench ??
WTF is hasler doing ??
This has gotta be a stitch up.
I swear, the ***** in his dungeon right now with his manly mates goin "then I named holland on the bench" baaaaahahaha ! "Then I convinced the board it was a stroke of genius" baaaaaaahahaha "next thing? Extension + upgrade" baaaaaahahaha !

Reminds me of this;

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this really need explaining . Cowboys and Eels did the right thing with Norman and Thurston respectively. Our club flat out took the piss. Pretty stupid to try defend imo.
I guess it does. A squad of 21 players is named. It is then trimmed to 19 and then trimmed to the final 17. Which one of those 3 groups takes the field? Reynolds didn't make the 19 because he failed a fitness test today. It would be reasonable to assume that the club thought he would be OK by now and it hasn't worked out so he is cut. Still struggling to see why it is somehow a problem. One could argue that the Eels and Cows were being disingenuous by naming them outside their 17 and starting them when they knew all along they would be playing.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs five-eighth Josh Reynolds has been ruled out of his side's Round 14 clash with the Dragons at ANZ Stadium on Monday afternoon.

Reynolds last played in Round 9, when he injured his hamstring in Canterbury's win over Canberra. Despite being named to return on Tuesday the playmaker hasn't been cleared to make his comeback against the Red V, allowing Matt Frawley to retain his spot in the starting side after being initially selected to start from the interchange.

While Reynolds' omission is a blow for Des Hasler's side they will welcome back captain James Graham and Brett Morris who have both held their spots in the squad when it was cut to 19 men 24 hours prior to kick-off. Chase Stanley will also make his first NRL appearance of the season after an ACL injury ended his 2016 campaign. Kerrod Holland has been named to join the interchange, with Francis Tualau and Brenko Lee the remaining reserves.

Asipeli Fine joins Reynolds as the other man to be cut from the 21-man squad.

The Dragons have dropped Kalifa Faifai Loa and Blake Lawrie from their reserves, set to be unchanged from the side named on Tuesday.

Updated Bulldogs squad

1 Will Hopoate
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris
4 Chase Stanley
5 Marcelo Montoya
17 Matt Frawley
7 Moses Mbye
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 Adam Elliott
13 David Klemmer

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Danny Fualalo
16 Greg Eastwood
20 Kerrod Holland

Reserves
19 Francis Tualau
23 Brenko Lee

Coach: Des Hasler

Updated Dragons squad

1 Josh Dugan
2 Nene Macdonald
3 Kurt Mann
4 Tim Lafai
5 Jason Nightingale
6 Gareth Widdop (c)
7 Josh McCrone
8 Russell Packer
9 Cameron McInnes
10 Paul Vaughan
11 Tyson Frizell
12 Joel Thompson
13 Jack de Belin

Interchange
14 Tariq Sims
15 Leeson Ah Mau
16 Hame Sele
17 Taane Milne

Reserves
18 Jacob Host
21 Jai Field

Coach: Paul McGregor

Frawley what a fuckin joke scores one try and his a genius he is as bad mbye the most overated player in the nrl among most of the bulldogs team except jackson pitty they don't all have a dig like josh jacko jackson what a work horse love this guy hope the bulldogs read this have a dig you bunch of skirts fuckin harden up.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this is our interchange...

14 Sam Kasiano
15 Danny Fualalo
16 Greg Eastwood
20 Kerrod Holland

To make it a really power packed impact four why didn't Des piss off Danny Fualalo and include Lachlan Lewis so he could play the revolving door bit with our halves.

Or... Brad Abbey to slot in for Hoppa when he takes over from Chase Stanley when he conks out?

Fair dinkum, with Kasiano, Eastwood and Holland on the bench with him, Danny Fualalo would be lucky if he didn't catch pea heart, learn how to throw a tantrum and give away penalties and hand over possession before the first interchange. .

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well I hope Graham lasts more then 10min this time!

Is it Des not listening to the physio/doctor or the medical team having no idea?

Seems like we have a lot of players come back and then go straight back off with injury

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the fourth player is on the bench. Over Hasler's time here I reckon the fourth player on the bench averages 3 minutes a game.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No different from the thousands of other adults who work 40+hrs and play knockouts and regular games.

My 17 year old cousin was working 40+ hrs a week plus playing sg ball for dogs and playing for the Blacktown workers against adults. Put Hutch Mauivai on his arse for good measure. ***** are soft these days is all.
Good on ya bro................

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Your words:

Now you want to introduce a one-off game of Origin where the players typically struggle to back up? How many potential comps have the Broncos lost due to the hangover from Origin? That somehow compares with Ball and reggies? We have a problem in the game with head knocks and players being unable to pass concussion tests that sometimes lasts for weeks, despite high shots having been outlawed for years. Like it or not the bodies in FG are a lot fitter, faster and stronger than reggies and park football. The capacity of the person to absorb that kind of punishment and backup are limited. It's not just about the cardio aspects of the game it is the physicality. The players have mounted a continuing campaign to reduce the number of games they play due to the impact of the game on their bodies. Why would it make sense to tell them to play 2 games a week. They would go beserk and rightly so.
That was in response to the quote below, which is asking me do I think Im Jesus. So in context that would mean what? That I am saying 'I am not different than thousands of other adults etc etc..'

So thanks for trying to make an arse out of me but what you are quoting is taken out of context.

Its the players decision mate. Most of them want to back up, no one is forcing them.

Broncos should be thankful they have so many representatives to lose to Origin. Who gives a fuck if the poor Broncos lose another comp because they have a Origin hangover. Poor Broncos have to call on seasoned professionals and former rep players Benji Marshall and David Mead to replace their current rep players at Origin. Must suck to be the Broncos.

Onto some more shit taken out of context.

Where did I say backing up from Origin is comparable to backing up in SG Ball and reserve grades?
I used Origin as an example of players backing up and the players attitudes are that you would prefer to backup within 5 days.
I used Origin as an example because apparently it is too much to back up from reserve grade to NRL but yet Origing players backup for another NRL game. And not only that, they want to backup. But Im pretty sure you knew what my point was.

I think you are overestimating the 'toll' it takes on players.

The prolonged compain about player welfare is the RLPA and they are always going to use player welfare as a bargaining chip in negotiations on all fronts.
And who are you, Jesus? Mate it's pretty hard to back up after two days don't you think ?

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This guy des Hasler is diffently one stubborn thick shit head give Lachlan Lewis are go and throw Zak woolford in there and put mbye and licha to play for greenacre tigers A grade.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares about Holland. He can't do much damage from the bench.

Much bigger concern is Mybe & Frawley in the halves again. We will be luckly to lose by less than 30.

Worst half combination I have ever seen at Canterbury.
Even Ben Roberts and Holdsworth was better...just lol

Status
Not open for further replies.