Round 12 - vs Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa, Montoya, Lee, Lolland, Plodman, Elliot (just), Tualau, Fuololo, Garvey, and maybe at a push Leech earned the right to play next week.

Graham and Deadwood are obviously injured.

The rest are deadset liabilities.
Really Garvey???
He was fucking useless tonight.
I'm putting him in with Frawley, massive question mark if they are even first grade standard.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welcome to 11th spot on for and against with the Panthers ( who we play next week) going above us with their bye.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So depressing that we can't put in a good consistent 80 minutes. Unless something miraculous happens, this year is dead and buried and we are one game shy of half way in this competition. I was hopeful of a win tonight up until the 6oth minute where we were still playing some footy but then suddenly we were only marking time and it seemed as if we were content to try and defend the small lead that we had. Urgency was missing especially on that seven tackle set which was abysmal. We can do positive things but unfortunately it is far outweighed by stupidity and negative tactics. Errors that should not be made are and we continue to be caned in the penalties, some certainly justified, but then some not. Our team is stale and although some plans have been put into place to fix that we are still stuck with the loafers and poor performers until the end of season as coach will not drop anyone and seemingly they can't be moved on quickly as no one wants them right now, or at least at the price it will cost. ( rumours regarding Kasiano and Eastwood come to mind)

Compounding that is the poor form of our lower grades, but still, how do we know that the guys there can't do better in first grade if they are not given a chance? Guys in first grade are secure in the fact they won't be dropped and guys in Intrust know that unless it is as tonight when players were absent due to rep duty they won't get a call up. When they do they are destined to sit on the bench most of the night anyway because rotation of players is pretty much stuffed . Injured players stroll straight back in as well meaning a replacement can play the game(s) of his life and it will mean nothing. This has been the way our club has rolled for years. Why have we had issues attracting good quality players( and I don't mean discards or reserve graders from other clubs); is it money? Is it our style of play? What is it?

Such a frustrating side to watch and our style of play has remained the same for the last 6 years, although garnering some success in 2012 and 2014 it does not cut the mustard against sides of today. We are like a person being dragged down in quicksand, going under slowly. without a struggle and without a hope in hell of being able to free ourselves.

With the exception of a few teams ( and us) in the competition, other sides have built and shored up their squads and have changed tactics to deal with modern day footy consequently they are going forward and getting better while we... well we go nowhere. So much for the brand new footy we were supposed to be playing this year. Completions mean nought if you are not constructive with the ball and you need more than just plan A to go places, that is all we have and when it fails you see the type of footy we play and the results we get. Yeah, we have not missed the semis since coach Hasler arrived and we made the Grand final twice but we have won NOTHING and have been devoid of a premiership since 2004. Our window is firmly closed with this group of players and we need to move on.
Perhaps I am saying this in the hope that we can do something good, that I will have to eat my words and say I am wrong.

I will still support the team , even when they lose, but I am realistic enough to know that things probably will not change in a big enough way to see our team have success this year. Whatever internal issues there are must be having some sort of effect and there must be issues considering the outcomes for the club over the last few months.

It makes me sad to see our once proud competitive club be assigned to the group of also rans who are just simply making up the numbers.

fridge

New Pup
Reaction score
Did hoppa blow a 4 on 1 overlap late in the game when we were attacking their line? On tv, it looked like that he could have just passed it along the line instead he thought he would be a hero and go himself just to get tackled. I think it was before frawley decided to to kick it at luke lewis' feet

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did hoppa blow a 4 on 1 overlap late in the game when we were attacking their line? On tv, it looked like that he could have just passed it along the line instead he thought he would be a hero and go himself just to get tackled. I think it was before frawley decided to to kick it at luke lewis' feet
Yep he did. He thought his blistering speed would burn all their defenders and make him the hero.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even know how to start but I think we've monumentally fucked up letting go of Reynolds...I was prepared to give Mbye and Frawley a chance but this has just done me. We have scored less points than Newcastle this year. I was pretty proud of the boys in the first half but our lack of point scoring ability cost us badly in the 2nd half.

I've lost all faith in Mbye. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong next year when he is next to Foran, but as I see it we have absolutely fucked up letting go of Reynolds, and I can't keep finding excuses for Moses ATM. He has been starting games for us now for 18 months and now has his chance as the leading half and not once have I seen him put his hand up to try and control the game. Reynolds at least does that and has been an influential player for us over the last few years. For the first time tonight since 2008, I've lost faith in our chances to win the comp. Seeing Graham looking down on the bench and us blowing every chance we had in the 2nd half through a massive lack of direction, I don't think we can make the 8 this year (happy to be proven wrong).

I honestly feel the club has made a really bad call here. Reynolds, with his flaws has won NSW a series and taken us to 2 grand finals... Mbye I don't think can even take us to a top 8. No wonder Reynolds wanted 800k.. I'm starting to think that as much as I don't think he is worth that much, we shoulda offered close to it because I can't see Mbye even getting to that level, let alone earning what he is getting paid. Again, will be happy to eat my words next year, but I just can't see it happening right now..

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah Reynolds is not the answer in the halfs neither is the myth Mbye the myth should only play dummy half of fuck him off like we flicked Reynolds.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't even know how to start but I think we've monumentally fucked up letting go of Reynolds...I was prepared to give Mbye and Frawley a chance but this has just done me. We have scored less points than Newcastle this year. I was pretty proud of the boys in the first half but our lack of point scoring ability cost us badly in the 2nd half.

I've lost all faith in Mbye. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong next year when he is next to Foran, but as I see it we have absolutely fucked up letting go of Reynolds, and I can't keep finding excuses for Moses ATM. He has been starting games for us now for 18 months and now has his chance as the leading half and not once have I seen him put his hand up to try and control the game. Reynolds at least does that and has been an influential player for us over the last few years. For the first time tonight since 2008, I've lost faith in our chances to win the comp. Seeing Graham looking down on the bench and us blowing every chance we had in the 2nd half through a massive lack of direction, I don't think we can make the 8 this year (happy to be proven wrong).

I honestly feel the club has made a really bad call here. Reynolds, with his flaws has won NSW a series and taken us to 2 grand finals... Mbye I don't think can even take us to a top 8. No wonder Reynolds wanted 800k.. I'm starting to think that as much as I don't think he is worth that much, we shoulda offered close to it because I can't see Mbye even getting to that level, let alone earning what he is getting paid. Again, will be happy to eat my words next year, but I just can't see it happening right now..
Reynolds would have got us home on energy alone last night let alone doing what halves are supposed to do

When your surprised and happy one of your halves found the grass on their kicks you know they are shit

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye has said heaps of times he is not a halfback. Des persists in playing him there and last night was the result. Getting rid of Lichaa to the bench and just plugging him in at Hooker for the rest of the year will be a good move.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mbye is a the biggest overrated myth we have had and the worst part is we are stuck with him form3 years he needs to be moved to hooker and told to run and pass ffs hopelesss chnt

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can count the amount of Dogs games on one hand that I've missed because of a function or whatever but I've never not missed a game voluntarily

Until now

1 month hiatus on Dogs game effectively all NRL games to reclaim my sanity

SOO excluded

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye is a the biggest overrated myth we have had and the worst part is we are stuck with him form3 years he needs to be moved to hooker and told to run and pass ffs hopelesss chnt
Just pay him to play fir someone else ala Farah

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

No question Mybe's inflated contract has forced Reynolds out.

I have zero doubt the club would pefer to keep Reynolds over Mybe.

But salary cap forces compromises and difficult decisions.

Mybe hasn't lived up to his potential or the faith the club placed in him.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd perfer if he is on the Cowboys bench next season even if we have to pay half his contract.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

No man!!! Just because mbye isn't the answer does not mean renoylds is!!!

Let's move in a different direction pair Foran up with another player

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds has never controlled a game either and he's been playing for 6 years.
He has won us games, but never with his control.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
100% correct!!!
We had a 4 on 2 on their line simple draw and pass to win the game and he goes himself and kills the play
I thought religious people were meant to be selfless not selfish?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when everyone talked mbye up to be the next Thurston and dogs would be mad to let him go. Haha that's comical. I remember Thurston dominating everyone in the lower grades gets the bench spot in first grade dominated then and then finally gets starting spot at cows. Mbye is nothing like him. I can't believe des persist with him every week. He's not good in any position. So over rated over paid

Status
Not open for further replies.