Fake news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is this name thrown around so much now?
It's like if you post a fact someone disagrees with their comeback is "fake news".

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea where it originally comes from.

Trump appears to have popularised it. Along with "Alternative facts".

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is this name thrown around so much now?
Because social media has given rise to a lot of unconfirmed "reporting", basically anyone can create a web page (that looks like a media organisation) and then share articles from that page/blog as genuine news articles when they aren't.

So to answer your question, the prevalence of dodgy information has dramatically risen.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It started on Buzzfeed I believe. It was due to the Social Media attacks on Clinton at the time so Buzzfeed coined the term "Fake news" in an effort to discredit the attacks on Clinton. The irony being when it became Trump's favourite term and it actually helped his campaign.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I think fake news is a term that's been floating around a while. The media and the DNC used it to try and discredit trump's election win and now that crazy arsehole Trump has taken their ball and run with it and just uses the term to challenge pretty much any statement or fact that challenges his position.

Fake news has existed forever, but it's the media and DNC who brought it right into the public consciousness and it's Trump who turned it into a marginally less childish way of saying 'fraid not.

Fake news has always existed in some shape or form, but it's only recently that it has become an excuse. :p

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think fake news is a term that's been floating around a while. The media and the DNC used it to try and discredit trump's election won and now that crazy arsehoke Trukp has taken their balk and run with it and just uses the term to challenge pretty much any statement or fact they challenges his position.

Fake news has existed forever but it's the media and DNC who brought it right into the public consciousness and it's Trump who turned it into a marginally less childish way of saying fraud not.

Fake news has always existed in fine shape or form, but it's only recently that it has become an excuse. :p
Very true fake news has always been here. But because of lefty mainstream media, they couldn't hack a some what conservative Donald trump going well in the elections so they went full steam ahead shitting out fake news every hour on the go. And trump used it to his advantage. That's why pc brigadiers never will win, they have a hard time sticking to facts. Th greatest is when they call someone racist for dissing their religion lol. Iran like atleast learn the meaning of the term before using it when you're being serious calling someone racist lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Very true fake news has always been here. But because of lefty mainstream media, they couldn't hack a some what conservative Donald trump going well in the elections so they went full steam ahead shitting out fake news every hour on the go. And trump used it to his advantage. That's why pc brigadiers never will win, they have a hard time sticking to facts. Th greatest is when they call someone racist for dissing their religion lol. Iran like atleast learn the meaning of the term before using it when you're being serious calling someone racist lol.
Mate plenty of fake news was written about HRC and the DNC too. I'm not saying they weren't targeted by people who produce fake news.... on just disputingvthat it cost them the election. Both HRC and Trump were the subjects of fake news stories throughout their campaigns.

PS that so called lefty media pretty much blacked out and completely stunted the primary momentum of the best and most genuinely leftist candidate; Bernie Sanders.

The mainstream media in the US is not genuinely left, but it's definitely pro neoconservative values

There is a massive difference between neoconservativism and genuine leftism. Hilary is NOT a lefty. She's an economic conservative whose whole "liberal" reputation relies solely on ideas and notions of identity politics. If her so called Lady party had adopted a genuinely progressive liberal economic platform I believe she would have comprehensively heat Trump.

I still don't think Trump won so much as I think Hillary lost. And I think that's a fair enough assumption considering how bad voter turnout was on Election Day.

I think that the major parties on both sides of American politics are full of crap tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.