Paul Carter

Should we pick up Carter?

• Yes, would add some speed and aggression to our forward pack.

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • No, Average player would add nothing

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saw this on a couple of news articles and then today from someone within the club looking at bringing Paul Carter back into the club potentially even before June 30. What are everyone thoughts on him, thought he was a talent when he left just has to get his drinking under control. Would provide alot more movement if played Lock than the three prop system we play now and can throw a good pass through the line.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played a lot of hooker coming through under 20's and would be good on the bench. He has issues off the field but I don't care getting "nice guys" hasn't worked he has mongrel and would be rather cheap. He's worth a punt if he's at the right price and can get the Roosters paying some of the amount.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think so.

Off field issues can be a red flag but I believe in 2nd, 3rd & 4th chances.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did an Aiden Sezer on us except not quite as bad, did not have the patience to hang around when our roster was full so he departed, it was tuff for him to get a Jersey at the time with Finucane, Jackson, Williams hanging around. The Guy is a real Bulldog and a good footballer.
I was sad to see him leave TBH used to watch him come through the grades about the same time as Klem, hope he gets back to the family where he belongs.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheapie so no risk.. good signing imo.. doubt Rorter$ will let him go

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would challenge anyone to name a GF wining team that was complete cleanskins, no DH's at all? None in history would be my guess!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is a first grader with plenty of ability. His off-field crap shits me, but he's going to grow up one day and hopefully he does that at the Bulldogs.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh....I live in Melbourne so don't get as many league media.

So not worth the trouble?
Not in my opinion. Plus all he has going for him is a mongrel attitude. He can't even get a run at the chooks, he struggled to get much game time at the Rabbits and while he showed a bit 2 or 3 years ago with the Titans good players don't keep moving. We had him in the 20s and we weren't sorry to see him go at the time. I just don't see why importing troublemakers to your team ends in anything other than tears.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this on a couple of news articles and then today from someone within the club looking at bringing Paul Carter back into the club potentially even before June 30. What are everyone thoughts on him, thought he was a talent when he left just has to get his drinking under control. Would provide alot more movement if played Lock than the three prop system we play now and can throw a good pass through the line.
Hey mate you seem to get good mail. Did they say they are only looking at him or going to ask about roosters letting him go?
Also can you ask about Elliot

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would the Roosters be looking at offloading him? :worried:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's a real go getter, the timing is probably right for him and the Bulldogs i.e. We need a hooker and he needs a starting spot to resurrect his career.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yep his off field shit may come back to haunt us but he is some thing different.
Now can we swap finucane for kas and eastwood.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we stuck by the no dickhead policy for years and didn't sign a host of stars who would have made us better but cause of it, but broke that for a chump like Carter who is error prone, gives away countless penalties, gets suspended, misses tackles and has off field issues still, then that would be hilarious.

Sure he'd be cheap and does play with energy and aggression but that's about all he has going for him...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we stuck by the no dickhead policy for years and didn't sign a host of stars who would have made us better but cause of it, but broke that for a chump like Carter who is error prone, gives away countless penalties, gets suspended, misses tackles and has off field issues still, then that would be hilarious.

Sure he'd be cheap and does play with energy and aggression but that's about all he has going for him...
Good point.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah lets sign him and make him an 80 min bench player... masterstroke by the mastercoach...

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.