Bold Prediction - Lichaa gone - replaced by Garvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Des tested Garvey and Garvey passed with flying colours.

Lichaa offered the contrast of slow service which placed us on the back foot for the entire 1st half. He did have a few good runs, but that is a small part of his role.

I make a bold prediction that Lichaa is gone and Garvey will play from now on. Worst case scenario, he will ease him in with 50-60 minutes next game with or without Lichaa - maybe Mbye will play hooker for the other minutes.

I have to believe common sense will finally prevail after today.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, nah. Leech will be starting DH next week, 110%

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa was good today, but it wouldn't happen anyway. Garvey is good because he's like Segeyaro. Great in short bursts. Put him on for 80 minutes and you'll see him play slow for 40 minutes followed by another 40 minutes of completely going missing. The hookers worked well because they rotated.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
liccha's running game was ok but his passing was as usual slow and atrocious
The hooker's running game is 10% of the impact - 90% is how he runs and swiftly passes flat forcing forwards to be running with momentum at the advantage line - this he does not do at least 80% of the time!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Lichaa had the shits nobody was backing him up.

Then again nobody was chasing kicks either today.
That was obvious to see - no chasing the kicks was bizarre - and the kicks were crap - no communication with the team to get ready to run!

2nd half we had momentum and this was not so evident, but the coach needs to get real about something so core to their responsibilities. Kick chase is an under 6 lesson to learn.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Very obvious with the kick chase there is an attitude problem with some in the team.
Two in particular stood out like dogballs today, Kas & Eastwood. Poor fucking effort from those two.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i don't think many players are buying into this "team" there's not enough effort that indicates to me that they are together

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
i don't think many players are buying into this "team" there's not enough effort that indicates to me that they are together
but they have moments when they do play for each other - but then they lose that feeling very quickly - tells me they are not bonded as one.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably. Some.of them probably don't know if they will have a job here and some probably already know they are getting the boot.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa was good today, but it wouldn't happen anyway. Garvey is good because he's like Segeyaro. Great in short bursts. Put him on for 80 minutes and you'll see him play slow for 40 minutes followed by another 40 minutes of completely going missing. The hookers worked well because they rotated.

Agree. We were talking about what would happen before the game started and consensus was Garvey would get probably 30 minutes or so towards the back end. Watched him play NSW Residents and more effective when he was subbed on and off. He is an impact player, more so when the other side is tiring and the hooker who started the game has done all the hard grunt work in defence.

Unsigned for next year, but then so is Lichaa.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Like Mbye at the end of our season last year, you have to be understanding to the players around you if you just woke from your usual doing nothing and they where not ready for it. Oddly, if you do nothing 99% of the time, your team mates won't be expecting that 1% where you do you decide you might do your job now.

Lichaa can get as angry as he wants, but pretty sure most players around him have a contract for next year, so he might be better off focusing on his own play and trying to look less crap as a solo player.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Nu Brown doesn't get into the Sharks side this week while there missing there Origin players why don't we try and get him early, we have nothing to lose by giving him a go at dummy half or better yet shift Mbye to #9 and Brown into #6

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Liicha was actually quite good today, I'd say one of our best
No way. The thing is, lichaa always plays so fucking ordinary, so when he plays average we all think he had a good game. Lol
As soon as garvey came on our whole structure changed. He engaged the markets and gave players like jackson some space on the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.