Mbye Fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with this 100%
The only required skill we haven't seen from Moses is catching bombs.
Although his kicking skills as a half isn't great he still has this option if defences rush up when he sweeps he could kick in behind for wingers

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since 2017 is a write off, why not give him run at fullback.

enigma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually would like this. What I noticed about cowboys this week was the inclusion of Lachlan coote. He took a lot of pressure of Morgan without thurston there. He kicked quite a bit. He was like having a 3rd half floating around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually would like this. What I noticed about cowboys this week was the inclusion of Lachlan coote. He took a lot of pressure of Morgan without thurston there. He kicked quite a bit. He was like having a 3rd half floating around.
It's how the Cowboys play footy. JT plays through the middle third while Coote and Morgan play on either side of him. We could easily adopt a similar style with Frawley playing the though the middle with Hoppa and Mbye playing on either side. Frawley can focus on moving the boys around the park and will be close to the ruck as first receiver more often than he currently is. Hoppa/Mbye can pretty much operate as ball runners and be brought onto the by Frawley.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure he can read play well enough from the back to be fullback.

Most of the decent fullbacks talk and direct from the back of the field.
The only way to know is to try him there.
Des played majority of the player in the wrong positions anyway !
There is more to gain than to lose ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The last thing we need is to pay $1 ml for a crock fullback that only plays a handful of games a year.
Sadly I think we have got that well covered by J&B Morris

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's how the Cowboys play footy. JT plays through the middle third while Coote and Morgan play on either side of him. We could easily adopt a similar style with Frawley playing the though the middle with Hoppa and Mbye playing on either side. Frawley can focus on moving the boys around the park and will be close to the ruck as first receiver more often than he currently is. Hoppa/Mbye can pretty much operate as ball runners and be brought onto the by Frawley.
Half of the problem is Lichaa.
No disrespect but Lichaa is not fast enough from dummy half and not coping well with Hasler's tactics.
Keep an eye on him, he's always rubbing his shoulders and that could mean only one thing.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I think that shows how important Hodko was for us.
Well ever since Hodkinson left we do not win the tight games any more. When was the last time we won with a field goal??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Half of the problem is Lichaa.
No disrespect but Lichaa is not fast enough from dummy half and not coping well with Hasler's tactics.
Keep an eye on him, he's always rubbing his shoulders and that could mean only one thing.
It means his shoulders are sore from carrying the team :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It means his shoulders are sore from carrying the team :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yep. There are many things that Lichaa isn't in terms of a 9 but the little bugger can tackle. Little wonder his shoulders hurt.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Melbourne recruitment officer in Sydney walked in at my work 4 years ago, and knowing I followed the Bulldogs he said to me you have got him I replied got who he said Lichaa and continued to say 16 clubs were after him he is regarded as the best young hooker in the game
Where did it all go wrong ?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Melbourne recruitment officer in Sydney walked in at my work 4 years ago, and knowing I followed the Bulldogs he said to me you have got him I replied got who he said Lichaa and continued to say 16 clubs were after him he is regarded as the best young hooker in the game
Where did it all go wrong ?
$350k question isn't it. Maybe it hasn't so much as gone wrong as hasn't happened yet. It's been reported that he has to have an op on one or both shoulders soon no doubt from the defensive workload, but also some players take time to mature to FG standard and when your side isn't winning it's easy to be the target. I'm sure if we were 8-2 no one would even be talking about him - but that's the nature of elite sport. He has to cop the criticism. He isn't delivering what we need at the moment - whether he can in the future we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.