Is GOOD enough or do you want GREATNESS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to say that we have had some GOOD years with these players, alot of ups and some downs. Over the past five years with this team I really thought we'd win a premiership by now and i know you did too. That hasn't been the case but like i said they have been good years, winning more than losing and making finals footy each year along with Grand Final appearances. We've been fortunate to experience this compared to most clubs. But i ask this, are you satisfied with what we have achieved or do you want more? Is GOOD, enough for you to be satisfied or do you want more? If you have kids or relatives under 12 they have never witnessed the Dogs as premiers. Pretty sad ay!? As fans we all want to be loyal to the players that have felt like family to us. They practically become part of our lives, you can't deny that. So the sentimental values that we have grown with these players is hard to detach from. Josh Reynolds is a perfect example. But the reality of it all is that if we don't make changes we will only be a GOOD side.

So I ask, do you want to witness GREATNESS? I do, I know you do and I know your 12 year old relatives do. There is only one solution to this and amongst all of us we need to embrace change! This change needs to happen with our roster. While the wheels are in motion more needs to be done asap. Those players (and coach in two years) that we have grown close to have to be moved on and some of you need to face the reality that GREATNESS is not always achieved by staying loyal to the ones you hold close to your heart and that have been GOOD for us in the past. Some tough decisions to move these players on HAVE to be accepted whether you like it or not so that this club, team, all the fans and along with those young 12 year olds can experience for the first time in their lives in a footy sense, GREATNESS!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will only be satisfied with a premiership

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can only afford to have a couple of plodders in the team if you want a premiership and unfortunately we have them all over the park and more importantly in key positions.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTNEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
we want excitement like we got with curtis rona or krisnan inu or pritchard or the passion we got from ennis something to fire this little baby up

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a rhetorical question?
I'm trying to put my views across but want to know people's views because there are many that want success but don't want change and I don't understand that going by some comments on here.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we want excitement like we got with curtis rona or krisnan inu or pritchard or the passion we got from ennis something to fire this little baby up
So now that Reynolds is gone who is going to provide that? Though I am happy with the signing of Foran I am also concerned that ppl think he will be our saviour.

Reaction score
So now that Reynolds is gone who is going to provide that? Though I am happy with the signing of Foran I am also concerned that ppl think he will be our saviour.
yeah i'm same as you, glad that he's coming, but things won't change if current weaklinks are continually picked in key positions.
it's frustrating because we're probably only 1 or 2 people being not picked away from being on track, but the same 1 or 2 get continually picked

Status
Not open for further replies.