Gotta new job

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats!

what will you be doing and what were you doing before?
Thanks Zee and everyone.

It's nothing fancy. Admin assistant in the legal field. Which is pretty much what I am now.

In Dubbo. Cost of living will be a truckload less. And lots of rellies in Dubbo and nearby. :grinning:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks Zee and everyone.

It's nothing fancy. Admin assistant in the legal field. Which is pretty much what I am now.

In Dubbo. Cost of living will be a truckload less. And lots of rellies in Dubbo and nearby. :grinning:
Well. Working in legal in dubbo..... You'll never be out of work.
Lol.
Congratulations.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Zee and everyone.

great little town, a lot of stuff to do in and around.

the zoo and planetarium is really good.

I am sure you will have fun, all the best!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Zee and everyone.

Dub vegas, not a bad spot! Just stick to east side of the bridge

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was born n bred in dubbo , not really bred but I was born there.

Thank God we moved to sydney .

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fuck this site is soft now. Congratulations non stop.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
great little town, a lot of stuff to do in and around.

the zoo and planetarium is really good.

I am sure you will have fun, all the best!
I hear Dubbo Zoo is so big, you can actually drive your car through it and also go camping. It's a franchise of Taronga (Western Plains Zoo).

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear Dubbo Zoo is so big, you can actually drive your car through it and also go camping. It's a franchise of Taronga (Western Plains Zoo).
Dubbo Zoo has about a 6km road that you drive around, parking and getting out at every enclosure. Alternatively, you can hire a bike and ride around as well. You can have picnic lunches half way around or eat at the cafes.

You can also go glamping overnight there, which includes personal tours from the guides.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Freaking out.

Got a new job. Not quite what I applied for but it'll do.

In the country. So I've got 2 more weeks at my current job, then 1 week to pack and move from Sydney.

How the hell do I get it all done?

:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearful::fearful::fearful::coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat::screamcat::screamcat::screamcat:

(Don't get me wrong, I am happy I got the job.)
I havent read the replies as yet but if you want some proper advice, try the below.

1. Find out your sick leave balance, or, use your head to remember if you have had more than ten for the last year.

If you have had less than ten sickies, you are entitled to a last hurrah of sickies, take a couple of days off and use them toorganise the errands.

2. The horse may have bolted here, but tell your employers/HR, in a way that doesnt telegraph what you're doing, that you are going to a direct competitor.

They should march you on the spot with full pay for the length of the notice period. This solves your problem in one silver bullet.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent read the replies as yet but if you want some proper advice, try the below.

1. Find out your sick leave balance, or, use your head to remember if you have had more than ten for the last year.

If you have had less than ten sickies, you are entitled to a last hurrah of sickies, take a couple of days off and use them toorganise the errands.

2. The horse may have bolted here, but tell your employers/HR, in a way that doesnt telegraph what you're doing, that you are going to a direct competitor.

They should march you on the spot with full pay for the length of the notice period. This solves your problem in one silver bullet.
Thanks for the tips. However, I currently work for the State Government. And the job I'm going to is in the State Government. :grinning:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody real estate agent wants to have an open house inspection before I move out - while I'm still packing and have filled and empty boxes and personal possessions strewn around.

More importantly, I won't have had the cleaner through yet. So I'll have to waste valuable packing time cleaning. Even though a week later I will be paying a cleaner to do a moving out clean.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, just to add to my stress:

I've had a bike chained in the stairwell of my block of units for years that I haven't been riding. But in moving to Dubbo, I was thinking that would be the perfect place to start riding again.

I walk past this bike every single day and see it out of the corner of my eye, but never pay attention to it.

Went down to see how easy it would be to pull out from behind a neighbour's bike, and realise that my bike seat and the post it attaches to are missing!!!

It's a Trek bike, so would not be easy to replace with the same brand seat and post. But I don't know whether a cheaper brand post will fit. And the excess on my contents insurance is more than it would cost to replace.

So now I don't know whether it's even worth keeping the bike.

And because I don't know when the seat went missing, it's not worth reporting to Police.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ouch!, seems like you are not having a great time.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chin up cheer up.
Pack the bike. Buy another seat. Fitting seats is standard. You will love it in the country.
Don't worry about the cleaning for the real estate. F that they can wait a week.
The change will be brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.