Round 10 dogs vs cowboys team lists and game day discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys team still looks dangerous even without JT and Scott, could be a close game

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cowboys welcoming back half of their spine in Coote and Granville is going to be tough.

They have been poor without Thurston, Coote, Granville and Scott, but getting back their fullback and hooker is a huge injection of confidence. Expecting it to go down to the wire.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think Eastwood is NRL standard. For mine, Elliott is ahead of Eastwood and so is RFM for that matter.
Totally agree that Elliot has outplayed Eastwood this year.

The only positive I can see with Elliot starting is hopefully when Eastwood comes on he plays prop or middle forward. His speed on the edge (or lack of) exposes himself and his outside men. I'm just hoping by him playing tighter he will tighten up the middle defence and picks up his game.

Eastwood isn't a second rower and hasn't been one for a while. With the emergence of Elliot hopefully he never has to play on the edge again.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally agree that Elliot has outplayed Eastwood this year.

The only positive I can see with Elliot starting is hopefully when Eastwood comes on he plays prop or middle forward. His speed on the edge (or lack of) exposes himself and his outside men. I'm just hoping by him playing tighter he will tighten up the middle defence and picks up his game.

Eastwood isn't a second rower and hasn't been one for a while. With the emergence of Elliot hopefully he never has to play on the edge again.
With the inclusion of RFM, you'd hope that Eastwood would only be used for the middle forwards and not out wide. If Elliot needs a rest (Jackson can go the full 80), then RFM comes on.

But with Des you never know

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Late Mail:

Bulldogs:
Adam Elliott played for Country Origin just four days ago, but could be a late inclusion in the starting side after impressing in recent weeks. Greg Eastwood would be the man to drop to the bench if that happens.

Cowboys:
Jake Granville passed a fitness test during the week and should be right to play, as will Lachlan Coote and Shaun Fensom.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we beat any team this year 13+ LOL

EDIT: Only souths.
Whenever someone from the team is interviewed, they always say ' we like to grind games out ', I'm guessing we enjoy playing in close games!

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Late Mail:

Bulldogs:
Adam Elliott played for Country Origin just four days ago, but could be a late inclusion in the starting side after impressing in recent weeks. Greg Eastwood would be the man to drop to the bench if that happens.

Cowboys:
Jake Granville passed a fitness test during the week and should be right to play, as will Lachlan Coote and Shaun Fensom.

I heard Adam Elliot is starting.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the inclusion of RFM, you'd hope that Eastwood would only be used for the middle forwards and not out wide. If Elliot needs a rest (Jackson can go the full 80), then RFM comes on.

But with Des you never know
Exactly. Funny it makes sense to everyone else :p

Most likely klemmer and Eastwood go to second row so mbye can go to hooker which frees up lichaa to play front row and hoppa to play hooker :p lol Jackson to be 5/8.

I'm expecting a big game from Eastwood. He would know he has underperformed this year and his mins are down. Him and kas need to do better then 29 mins a game over 2 stints.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to a tough dour affair tonight

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really suprised that the Dogs are overwhelming favourites tonight.
Reynolds is a big out IMO. Cowboys will be desperate. I think they can win

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the Tigers can beat the Cowboys in Townsville with Johnathan Thurston playing then surely the Bulldogs can beat them in Sydney with JT out.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If the Tigers can beat the Cowboys in Townsville with Johnathan Thurston playing then surely the Bulldogs can beat them in Sydney with JT out.
Granville and Coote are huge ins for the Cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.