The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
BOYS!!!!

Just got call from the doctor and was told it's not cancer but a "Cortical Defect Tumour" which will heal up by itself and nothing to worry about. I had a tear in my eye because the last 2 weeks have been incredibly tough for me with so much going on and that the call to confirm that it's not cancer was such a relief. I'm still in pain from the biopsy and unable to fully put weight on it yet but that I can deal with. Can finally go back to work on Monday and resume my normal life without the added stress.

I just want to say how incredibly lucky I was to have your guys support and honestly I wouldn't have made it through this if it wasn't for you guys and your encouragement and support, all of yous here a such great human beings and I can't thank yous enough for the kind words.

LOVE YOU ***** ❤
OUTSTANDING..superb news!!! :-)

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
BOYS!!!!

Just got call from the doctor and was told it's not cancer but a "Cortical Defect Tumour" which will heal up by itself and nothing to worry about. I had a tear in my eye because the last 2 weeks have been incredibly tough for me with so much going on and that the call to confirm that it's not cancer was such a relief. I'm still in pain from the biopsy and unable to fully put weight on it yet but that I can deal with. Can finally go back to work on Monday and resume my normal life without the added stress.

I just want to say how incredibly lucky I was to have your guys support and honestly I wouldn't have made it through this if it wasn't for you guys and your encouragement and support, all of yous here a such great human beings and I can't thank yous enough for the kind words.

LOVE YOU ***** ❤
Whew that is a relief. So glad to hear. Now go out and enjoy life

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BOYS!!!!

LOVE YOU ***** ❤

told you fucker!

now go and have big orgie party

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a relief!!! , back in the good ol days the doctors woulda just said its nothing to worry about but these days they make you go for biopsies just to save their arses from misdiagnosis.

Its bloody terrifying everytime you find something abnormal and bloody google doesn't help .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Strange thing is that back in the day a doctor wouldn't have been able to diagnose such a thing without cutting out a chunk of bone.

Much like how some vets these days still need to do exploratory surgery because they lack modern technology.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Strange thing is that back in the day a doctor wouldn't have been able to diagnose such a thing without cutting out a chunk of bone.

Much like how some vets these days still need to do exploratory surgery because they lack modern technology.
Bloody vets theyre getting as dodgy as used car salesman,my husband took our cat to the vet cause he was lethargic $600 later he came back with a course of antibiotics and blood test results pending .. He was right as rain that same day!
About 2 months later , my other cat needed some pain relief as he'd been a victim of trauma..I took him to the same vet , again he wanted to give him a couple of blood tests just in case ($500 cha Ching) And keep him overnight on a saline drip (cha ching cha ching) because he wasn't drinking or eating that day .. Like no shit he's just been traumatised his tooth is hanging out if his mouth of course he doesn't want to eat or drink. I asked the vet for some pain relief and I would look after his fluid intake from home.. Cost me $160 but it was a lot cheaper than this dodgy fella was going to charge. Oh btw he was back to his old self in a few hours

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's why we have pet insurance for our girl. Though she's been eating poo lately.... gotta figure that one out.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My brother was babysitting a cat which got out of the house and was hit by a car.

The cat had a cat scan in a human cat scan machine - because that was the equipment the veterinary hospital had. (Apparently they treat some of Taronga's animals there.)

After a lot of worry, broken jaw and other injuries, and $$$ the cat was fine.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My brother was babysitting a cat which got out of the house and was hit by a car.

The cat had a cat scan in a human cat scan machine - because that was the equipment the veterinary hospital had. (Apparently they treat some of Taronga's animals there.)

After a lot of worry, broken jaw and other injuries, and $$$ the cat was fine.
its crazy how much they charge for imaging.. You really need pet insurance these days