Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No, Still need a fullback moving forward

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Oh come on mate. That's the higher end of the range of figures being reported and the media often exaggerated contract figures. I think he'd have stayed for less too. Just not for peanuts. Which is fair enough imo.

You're entitled to enjoy the moment. Wish I could share your optimism. But for me it's a bummer of a day for the club. I'm not alone either....and you're not alone in your thinking. Whatever, to each their own and all that.
That's right mate. I don't know why so many people fall for the medias guestimation of players contracts.

I am friends with managers & have also seen players contracts.
Apart from maybe roosters & broncos players they wish they were earning what the media and Kennel accountants speculate!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't s agree. We made him an offer that was insulting. I don't want us to go well next year with Foran. I'm hoping we win it this year. I'll worry about next year when I get to it. I think I might take a year or two off nrl next year. I don't want to be around when the foran thong blows up in our face. I guess I'll still be here, but I am really not looking forward to bedt year and would rather avoid focusing on it for as long as possible tbh.

My focus is 100 percent on this year.
Seriously you have to be kidding if you think we have the capacity to win the competition this season.
Out halves are terrible.
We constantly give up field position because of it.
We can't get repeat sets to build pressure on other teams and pile up a big score on them.
Coupled with the fact the forwards are less dominant.

I'm not sure where the team will finish the season. 7th to 13th is the range I'm guessing. Next 4 rounds will be interesting.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seriously you have to be kidding if you think we have the capacity to win the competition this season.
Out halves are terrible.
We constantly give up field position because of it.
We can't get repeat sets to build pressure on other teams and pile up a big score on them.
Coupled with the fact the forwards are less dominant.

I'm not sure where the team will finish the season. 7th to 13th is the range I'm guessing. Next 4 rounds will be interesting.
We have a better chance this year than next year unless we make a few actual useful signings. I fully and wholeheartedly believe it.

The Foran signing will nore likely than not take us backwards.

No reason we can't win this year if BMoz stays fit and Frawley kicks well throughout the year. Absolutely none.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's right mate. I don't know why so many people fall for the medias guestimation of players contracts.

I am friends with managers & have also seen players contracts.
Apart from maybe roosters & broncos players they wish they were earning what the media and Kennel accountants speculate!
Yeah they always over report these figures. Not to mention that I'm sure Josh would have stayed here for less. I'm sure our offer was significantly under....and insubstantial.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a better chance this year than next year unless we make a few actual useful signings. I fully and wholeheartedly believe it.

The Foran signing will nore likely than not take us backwards.

No reason we can't win this year if BMoz stays fit and Frawley kicks well throughout the year. Absolutely none.
Well I hope your right about this season. I won't be holding my breath.

As for Foran, totally disagree he will add so much to this team.

As to Frawley, can we lower the expectations on the guy. He has just stepped up to first grade, played well so far but poor game last weekend. Let's just see how he goes before we make him the linchpin of the team.

N

Natboy

Yeah they always over report these figures. Not to mention that I'm sure Josh would have stayed here for less. I'm sure our offer was significantly under....and insubstantial.
Mate Josh was and still is absolutely devastated. I genuinely feel sorry for him but am glad he has set himself & his family up for life

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
can we lower the expectations on the guy.
I'd ask you the same about Foran considering his recent mental issues, gambling problems and other off field issues. I think you're being naive.

All I said was if he kicks well for the year. That's hardly putting that much expectation on him. You and others who are fans of the Foran signing are heaping way more expectation on him imo.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate Josh was and still is absolutely devastated. I genuinely feel sorry for him but am glad he has set himself & his family up for life
Maybe counting his money next year will cheer him up?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah mate I am sure he is and I respect him waiving the 10 day cooling off period. That shows to me how hard the decision was. Seems he wanted to just get it done. Like ripping a band aid off.

If you know the guy, tell him we love him and thank him for being such a fucking bulldog. Prototypical doggie!

Last edited:
N

Natboy

Yeah mate I am sure he is and I respect him waiving the 10 day filling off period. That shows to me how hard the decision was. Seems he wanted to just get it done. Like topping a band aid off.

If you know the guy tell him we love him and thank him for b not such a fucking bulldog. Prototypical doggie!
He knows mate. It wasn't an easy decision for him and money isn't everything.

Our club needed a change in direction and there is 5-6 players I would've pissed off before him though

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He knows mate. It wasn't an easy decision for him and money isn't everything.

Our club needed a change in direction and there is 5-6 players I would've pissed off before him though
I still think the change we need is new coach.... but yeah if we wanted to go shopping he's one of the very last guys we should have been looking at moving on.

Des sucks.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If reports that we only offered Reynolds 500k are accurate. That is absolutely disgraceful.
I've said it on another thread... it was easy to offer him $500k to stay but it was easier to offer him $500k to go, leaving him no other choice. Simply, they didn't want him to stay. If they paid $750k for Mbye isn't Josh based on comparing both performances worth at least that?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've said it on another thread... it was easy to offer him $500k to stay but it was easier to offer him $500k to go, leaving him no other choice. Simply, they didn't want him to stay. If they paid $750k for Mbye isn't Josh based on comparing both performances worth at least that?
Absolutely. I have no doubt he was/is worth that much to our team.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Borris
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Mbye

Release: Hopoate, Lichaa and Garvey

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm reading and seeing more and more speculation that Liccha is staying!!
Fuck me this better not be true.
He HAS to go, surely
He has to be top of the list given he isn't tied to us next year either

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Bmoz/Hoppa/Abbey/Mbye
6. Foran/Mbye/Keighran
7. Frawley/Foran
9. Mbye/Lichaa/Woolford

Id say those are our options at this stage unless we pull off some more signings.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although its sad for reynolds to go- good bye move on. We made a decision. As someone said foran for reynolds- no brainer but

This better not explode with no forsn coming after all- if this happends - heads will roll

Enjoy the ride.

I am hoping we get cronk and hayne- with the cap and clean out- cant see why not- well over due

Status
Not open for further replies.