Sutton brothers need to be sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Refs were not to bad today... Yes they gave the tigers a leg up but that happens in every game. They actually made the right calls today, I didn't see too much wrong. Dogs lost a game they should have won and the tigers were lucky to walk away with a win.

The biggest worry was the dogs lacked punch today, I think this whole signing re-signing buso is getting out of hand.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Face it Sutton's arrogance and bullshit put us in so much pressure throughout the whole game with an 8-5 penalty count. Which led to stupid decisions by our boys which didn't help. Fuck me dead feel for the sucker who serves him over the counter at any shop he is in.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not a lover of Sutton however, I thought he did a pretty fair job this afternoon.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Found the video on NRL Bunker (I had one bit wrong in OP).

Video Ref looks at it for a possible penalty try.
States they couldd not ascertain that Chris Lawrence would have got to the ball first.
Then claims that Brenko Lee has committed a professional foul.

However the vision shows Lawrence and Lee bumping at each other, Lee extends his arm, but never actually pulls him off the ball.

A professional foul in that situation would have been Lee tackling Lawrence without the ball, or grabbing his arm/jersey and pulling him away from the ball.

Neither of those things happened, so the call of professional foul (and sin bin) was bullshit, and ultimately cost us the game.

Penalty gets blown, they get 2 points, then they score where Brenko would have been for 6 points. 8 point gift by Suttons.

Last edited:

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Blaming the refs is the easiest scape goat.

Still could have, and probably should have, won the game.

Do we want to be that team who constantly blames the refs for losses instead of looking through our roster and seeing where all this money is going?

At this rate 1/5th of our team earns their money. Blame our stupid cut out passes that werent on, or stupid kicks or sideways running.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no issue with the sin binning. It was a fair decision.

What gets me going is the fact he sent 3 try's to the bunker today. He rules both Tigers ones were try's. The bunker looks and says no try. Then he sends ours up as No Try and it's overturned as a try. He's a fucking joke!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club needs to put in an official complaint against them, and we should refuse to play if either of them are named to officiate our future games.

8 - 3 penalty count.

Video ref confirms no professional foul, Gerard over rules them and sends Lee to bin.

Tigers score where Lee should have been defending.

These two jokers need to be stood down and investigated.
You're on drugs mate and not the good kind. I had the sportsears on and heard everything that Sutton said and the Video refs (General?) reply. They got the call 100% right. Lee did interfere with him. Sutton specifically asked if they would've scored and whether it was a professional foul. The VR came back and told him they wouldn't have scored but that it was a professional foul. There may have been one or two strips that one could argue were loose carries but that happens every game. Sutton wasn't the reason why we lost. We just couldn't get on a roll. As for the last try - shit happens. The boys were out on their feet and the bounce beat them.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn't. It was a bit of a chain of evidence. The on field ref said "Have a look at this. If Lawrence could have scored then it's a professional foul", the video ref said "There's no evidence to suggest that Lawrence could have scored", then the on-field ref said "Professional foul"
The video ref said it was a professional foul as well, but that it wouldn't have stopped him from scoring and so it wasn't a penalty try.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with the reffing in this game and Brenko did commit a professional foul.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You see those incidents happen not every week BUT EVERY GAME.

But no one else gets a sin binning.

No one else gets penalties blown against them for throwing the ball away

No one else has the video ref rule out a try for a forward PASS

No one else has video refs rule a try when QUITE CLEARLY the ball is never put down.

Yeh we shouldn't use the refs as an excuse but rugby league is a field position game

Get given the field position by corrupt refs and you've got more scoring opportunities.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the guy with a passion.....but unfortunately I've gotta say his calls today were by the book

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The video ref said it was a professional foul as well, but that it wouldn't have stopped him from scoring and so it wasn't a penalty try.
Nope. The video ref said, "Bulldogs player held Tigers player back. There's no evidence that the Tigers player would have gotten to the ball. We have our decision"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the guy with a passion.....but unfortunately I've gotta say his calls today were by the book
They definitely were. The problem isn't that they were by the book. The problem is that when it was a foul by the Bulldogs it was called. When it was a foul by the Tigers they looked the other way. This happened quite often in the play of the ball when Bulldogs players we're held down for a long time. Often they would look at the referee then their defensive line while holding down the player. Or they'd hold the ball and you'd hear the ref say "holding the ball", and they'd keep holding, and 30 seconds later they'd let go and it would be play on.

It wasn't all one sided though. There were a couple of bad calls that went our way, but the majority of calls went the way of the Tigers.

Reactions: DT

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate, hand out tries like lololipops

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People also forget, it's not just the number of penalties, but WHERE and WHEN you get them.

A penalty on tackle 1 on your own 10m line might get you starting a set on your 40m. Not a HUGE advantage.
A penalty on the 4th tackle, around half way, gets you onto defending sides 20-30m line with 6 tackles.

Both are penalties but the impact of them is hugely different.

Rewatch the game and watch where they get their penalties and on what tackle. Then watch ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.