KASIANO - The Let Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely Hasler has to be to blame if Kas is unfit and playing minimum minutes. If Kas is overweight Hasler and his team of assistant coaches can easily get him to do extra drills at training to shed it. Hasler should also be playing him more by giving him a few extra minutes each week to get him more match fit and further reduce his weight.
He could, but probably the best way is to drop him. You can only blame the coach so much imo, hes obviously lazy ditto Beast.

Reactions: DT

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's why the Broncos told him to fuck off from the club.

He was put on diets & was caught eating junk food etc, behind the training sheds etc. lol

Was given extra training sessions etc & failed to turn up most times.
Actually not true. I know someone who knows Greg very well from his past. Greg actually was wanted at the Broncos. They offered him
A 5 bedroom house off the books in a shit hole area which he turned down. Club got nose out of joint and he left.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kasiano has been 1 of our best this year. Gives more impact off the bench than any other forward in the game.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kas is no loss once his contract is up.
Not fit enough.
Not mobile enough.
Has limited lateral movement.
Ball security is poor.
Soft in defence.
Not hard enough.
Overall he is a bust. Let him go

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most front rowers across all 16 nrl teams play 40mins per game which is exactly what kasiano has been doing and can do if needed
Sorry, not true. He has played a total of 223 mins this year or 31.8 mins per game. He has only played 40 mins once this season. Again, he may have impact but it is only for 2 or 3 tackles per game and then he is a liability. He averages less than 10 runs per game and less than 2 off loads per game. It is just not enough for an impact player. Even T-Rex did better than that.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most front rowers across all 16 nrl teams play 40mins per game which is exactly what kasiano has been doing and can do if needed
Yeah that's true. But the people who are having a go at him I think are saying he could be more than that. 15 kgs lighter he could be our version of Fifita, who by the way was a fat fuck but pulled finger and lost weight to become a prop with an awesome motor and still has all his skills.

To me he could be much more. Still a good player but imo he could be great.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry, not true. He has played a total of 223 mins this year or 31.8 mins per game. He has only played 40 mins once this season. Again, he may have impact but it is only for 2 or 3 tackles per game and then he is a liability. He averages less than 10 runs per game and less than 2 off loads per game. It is just not enough for an impact player. Even T-Rex did better than that.
So he has played 40mins this year which shows you he can play 40mins per game.

As i said kasiano has more impact off the bench than any other front rower in the comp.

If you want kas to play more minutes email des and give him some coaching advice lol

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah that's true. But the people who are having a go at him I think are saying he could be more than that. 15 kgs lighter he could be our version of Fifita, who by the way was a fat fuck but pulled finger and lost weight to become a prop with an awesome motor and still has all his skills.

To me he could be much more. Still a good player but imo he could be great.
Yes i think you are correct. Fifita's hard work earned him an origin and test jumper. It would be awesome to see kasiano play like him but they just have different motors

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So he has played 40mins this year which shows you he can play 40mins per game.

As i said kasiano has more impact off the bench than any other front rower in the comp.

If you want kas to play more minutes email des and give him some coaching advice lol
I'm pretty sure Des knows him a lot better than me!! If he doesn't think a bloke with his skills can handle being out there I'm not going to argue. We have been saying this about Kas ever since he got to FG. The sad truth is he will never live up to his potential or our expectations and he more often plays less that 30 mins per game so clearly the coach isn't happy with him. Even that lump Tim Browne averaged more than that....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I shake my head about the nonsense of people wanting to get rid of kas.

The FACTS and STATISTICS show we score most of our points when he's on the field.

As I said in another thread there is no more value for money player in our team than kas
I've never seen stats to back that claim up. The reality is that while he may offload more than some he has no Try Assists this year. Sure he comes on and everyone holds their breath expecting a rampaging run or two which he duly delivers, but then he is gassed and the lumbers around the field throwing impossible balls to players in worse positions and missing tackles with a lack of lateral movement. The little blokes lick their lips wanting to run at him. Des brings out the hook to shore up the defence. Sometimes he gets another stint sometimes he doesn't. Whether we score more points when he is there is not relevant if he has nothing to do with it. Dare I say Lichaa is on there too but I wouldn't be crediting our points to him. I don't dislike Kas, far from it, we always cheer when he comes on, but if we are looking to release players I would much rather it be him than Reynolds or Mbye who do directly contribute to the scoreline.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quality rather then quantity boys...
I'm happy with what he does on the field when on. We have Tolman and graham who can do the minutes.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Struggles to last 8 minutes on the field.

Yes he will set up a try but using nearly half the substitutions just to get him on field.

Comes on with 15min to go in 1st half, comes off after 8minutes
Comes back (maybe) in the last 15min if we need points.

3/8 interchanges.

Lucky graham/Tolman/Klemmer can have long stints and dont need to be subbed.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've never seen stats to back that claim up. The reality is that while he may offload more than some he has no Try Assists this year. Sure he comes on and everyone holds their breath expecting a rampaging run or two which he duly delivers, but then he is gassed and the lumbers around the field throwing impossible balls to players in worse positions and missing tackles with a lack of lateral movement. The little blokes lick their lips wanting to run at him. Des brings out the hook to shore up the defence. Sometimes he gets another stint sometimes he doesn't. Whether we score more points when he is there is not relevant if he has nothing to do with it. Dare I say Lichaa is on there too but I wouldn't be crediting our points to him. I don't dislike Kas, far from it, we always cheer when he comes on, but if we are looking to release players I would much rather it be him than Reynolds or Mbye who do directly contribute to the scoreline.
I think its his defence that lets him down badly IMO

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not a fan. He has been around to long in my opinion. Yes he can turn a game and has unbelievable skill to turn a match. He does however have major fitness issues that haven't been addressed and probaly never will. He has as many errors in him as good plays.
If his minutes improve then yes.
How long do you wait though. The last 6 years he has struggled to improve his fitness. The impression i get is the guy is comfortable just earning a contract. I would rather a more mobile replacement....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Why would Kas lose so much weight, prompted by his wedding. Then the media are all over him and he talks the benefits and his commitment to playing more minutes. 4 weeks later, his weight is coming back on and playing normal low minutes and struggling with niggling injuries.. yet again! What the $%^& is being done about this self sabotage?

I dare say if he is being moved on, it is because he gave them assurances he is going to do what is asked of him including ramping up his commitment to workouts and diet - and he may have just reneged on the commitment and let himself and all of us down. What a shame.

Has it been injuries, depression or some tasty kebabs that are just too much for him to stay motivated? Whatever it is, it is such a damn shame because with Frawley being such a revelation, Reynolds turning on and Mbye giving good hooker service and attack as well as the forwards and backs gelling for good defensive and improving attack - look at the platform being laid for Kas to wreak havoc - yet he is going missing again! Arrggh!
What are you basing this entire thread on? You might be right, but on what basis are you saying he's less fit or heavier than the start of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.