A potentially cheaper option than Tedesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tedesco would obviously be a dream acquisition, but if he doesn't end up coming (I can see him staying at the tigers on ridiculous money) James Roberts comes off contract this year. Bloke is a match winner and won the game for the Broncos last night.

He would command about 600k so much cheaper and there's no harm in signing leagues fastest player to play in a position he's very familiar with from his junior days. Plus the fkn Broncos have Milford and bird on a million bucks plus a state of origin team somehow in the same cap.

1. Roberts
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya.

Now this is a potent backline, a far cry from the days of Mitch Brown and Jono Wright. Start enquiring Des

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, good thanks. Machine player but don't want him at Belmore. Would rather chase a kid like Dylan Edwards from the Panthers.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The cheaper option would be Dugan imo.
Both ball runners. And Roberts is the better runner.

Is it really a big deal that he stole a Doctors pad and prescribed himself some Endone? lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both ball runners. And Roberts is the better runner.

Is it really a big deal that he stole a Doctors pad and prescribed himself some Endone? lol
Na id say Dugan is the better runner, also has far more experience at fb. Not really that keen on either off them but id probs go with Dugan though he breaks down almost every tackle lol.

Na nothing wrong with that, id prescribe myself a higher dose of a couple of things if had the chance haha.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't hate it, put a discipline clause in his contract

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts is lazy and goes missing a fair bit. He was playing against his old club last night which explains his higher than normal work effort. He is a speedster no doubt, but one with a bad attitude. Would not want him anywhere near our fullback position.

Reactions: DT

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Na id say Dugan is the better runner, also has far more experience at fb. Not really that keen on either off them but id probs go with Dugan though he breaks down almost every tackle lol.

Na nothing wrong with that, id prescribe myself a higher dose of a couple of things if had the chance haha.
I'd put good money on the Tigers picking Dugan up if they lose Tedesco

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would prefer Dylan Edwards as a cheaper option or even someone like Tyronne Roberts-Davis, he was an australian schoolboy fullback and has looked alright in first grade but is stuck on the wing.

Roberts would make a good fullback but he would need a full pre season there, if you guys remember his last year at the Titans, he would often play the fullback role for them even though he would start as the centre. He was a gun as a junior when playing as the fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd put good money on the Tigers picking Dugan up if they lose Tedesco
Possibly. Similar ball runner just without the ball skills.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Started his career at fullback but i feel he's a couple beers away from throwing his career away again.

Also a cousin of old mate Mundine so no thanks.
Half the indigenous players are his cousins.

Since Roberts last indiscretion, he has cleaned up his act.

He's put himself on a alcohol ban.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Half the indigenous players are his cousins.

Since Roberts last indiscretion, he has cleaned up his act.

He's put himself on a alcohol ban.
Do you think Broncos will re-sign him?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you think Broncos will re-sign him?
Yep.

He has stated he wants to stay.

But who knows, throw extra money at some players & they will leave in a heartbeat.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
James Roberts does my head in. He does dumb shot every game. He scores a good amount but if he doesn't score one u can bet he lets
One in through stupidity. His character is very poor as well

Status
Not open for further replies.