Our fanbase has an unrealistic sense of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So your happy that we haven't won a title in 12 years?
So according to you we should wait 3 more years before we complain?

Reactions: DT

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the fascinating question in this is the money. Not so much what Des recieves but does having more money to spend on facilities and what-not greatly effect results? Other sports without salary caps, the rich teams dominate. I think political influence and TPP's play a bigger role in the salary cap system we exist in. Having extra cash to buy fancy equipment and extra support staff doesn't seem to give you a massive advantage. Based on us anyway. Maybe we haven't spent it well. Not sure...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So next time you want to complain, have a think about the clubs that SHOULD be doing better than us, AREN'T doing better than us, and yet fans don't complain anywhere near as MUCH as "us"
Why should anybody be doing better than us ?
We are a rich club that spends more in a year on its football program than most clubs spend in three. We pay our coach more than probably every other coach in the comp.
we spend the entire cap every year. Which some clubs can't afford to do.
We've given full recruitment, retention and development responsibilities to "one of the best coaches in the comp"
We should be doing better than most of the comp.

Is that too much to expect from our investment ?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are 15 other teams each year vying for a premiership, and yet our fanbase seems to expect that we should have AT LEAST a premiership if not more since our last one.

Not sure where this overwhelming sense of entitlement has come from, but it's time to stop being childish and tossing the toys out of the pram when things don't go as we want as supporters, and instead cope with a dose of reality.

Lets delve back to the last Bulldogs Premiership. It was 2004. Since then the following teams have won a premiership (and some been removed due to cap breaches).

2004 Bulldogs
2005 Wests Tigers
2006 Brisbane Broncos
2007 Melbourne Storm
2008 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
2009 Melbourne Storm
2010 St George Dragons
2011 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
2012 Melbourne Storm
2013 Sydney Roosters
2014 South Sydney Rabbitohs
2015 North Qld Cowboys
2016 Cronulla Sharks

So out of the above, how long has it been since sides won a premiership (up to 2016 end)?
Lets have a look as the results are astounding.

21 Years - New Zealand Warriors (0 Premierships / formed in 1995)
9 Years - Gold Coast Titans (0 Premierships / formed in 2007)

30 Years - Parramatta Eels (last 1986)
22 Years - Canberra Raiders (last 1994)
15 Years - Newcastle Knights (last 2001)
13 Years - Penrith Panthers (last 2003)

12 Years - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
11 Years - Wests Tigers
10 Years - Brisbane Broncos
6 Years - St. George Illawarra Dragons
5 Years - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
4 Years - Melbourne Storm
3 Years - Sydney Roosters
2 Years - South Sydney Rabbitohs
1 Years - North Queensland Cowboys
0 Years - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

So Dogs fans have gone 12 years without a premiership.
Knights, Panthers, Eels and Raiders fans have gone 13-22 years without a premiership.
Warriors and Titans fans are yet to celebrate a premiership.

So of them Raiders / Eels / Panthers fans should be up in arms whinging more than us right?

NOPE... only Bulldogs fans seem to get their whinge on about a lack of premierships, when better sides than us are yet to snag one as recently.

Lets review Panthers / Eels / Raiders further.

View attachment 2490

So since Hasler took the reigns, the other sides that have gone longer than us without a premiership, have actually done WORSE.

So next time you want to complain, have a think about the clubs that SHOULD be doing better than us, AREN'T doing better than us, and yet fans don't complain anywhere near as MUCH as "us".
The complaints are justified.. we have the cash, we have a board seeking success, we have paid big $ to a successful coach, we have s strong forward pack and capable 2-5..

All that has needed fixing since 2013 is the spine yet it hasnt been done .. the complaints are justified

Most fans know a premiership cannot be expected, but the expectation is to be genuine contenders which we havent been since 2012

Reactions: DT

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything more than a decade for us in unacceptable
However it's not always about the result but style of play and progression of players.
We have a massive shortage/weakness in places that we have taken years and yet to rectify
This also is unacceptable
We have the most boring and negative style of attack
It's not just about the premiership from my end trust me
Every year only about 6 teams have realistic chance of winning it based on their rosters
Best thing to put your hat in the ring is to improve your roster yearly and bring through juniors accordingly

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are 15 other teams each year vying for a premiership, and yet our fanbase seems to expect that we should have AT LEAST a premiership if not more since our last one.

Not sure where this overwhelming sense of entitlement has come from, but it's time to stop being childish and tossing the toys out of the pram when things don't go as we want as supporters, and instead cope with a dose of reality.

Lets delve back to the last Bulldogs Premiership. It was 2004. Since then the following teams have won a premiership (and some been removed due to cap breaches).

2004 Bulldogs
2005 Wests Tigers
2006 Brisbane Broncos
2007 Melbourne Storm
2009 Melbourne Storm
2010 St George Dragons
2012 Melbourne Storm
2013 Sydney Roosters
2015 North Qld Cowboys
2016 Cronulla Sharks

So out of the above, how long has it been since sides won a premiership (up to 2016 end)?

11 Years - Wests Tigers

Knights, Panthers, Eels and Raiders fans have gone 13-22 years without a premiership.

So of them Raiders / Eels / Panthers fans should be up in arms whinging more than us right?

NOPE... only Bulldogs fans seem to get their whinge on about a lack of premierships, when better sides than us are yet to snag one as recently.

View attachment 2490

So since Hasler took the reigns, the other sides that have gone longer than us without a premiership, have actually done WORSE.

So next time you want to complain, have a think about the clubs that SHOULD be doing better than us, AREN'T doing better than us, and yet fans don't complain anywhere near as MUCH as "us".
Mr Invisible I usually agree with your comments. This one is throwing fuel on the fire.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong ... I've criticised club, coach and CEO here before.

I get disappointed when we don't win and don't put in 100%.
I get disappointed when I see our club seemingly sitting on their hands letting rubbish football unfold.

But the reality is we have always been slow starters. Nobody can deny that.

We are winning at the moment, so let's be happy about it right?

I've been lucky enough to see the majority of Bulldogs premiership wins, so maybe that's something others have not seen. Would be interesting to see if the majority of negativity is coming from fans who have not seen a premiership won by the Dogs!

It just seems that every single thread these days dissolves into negativity for no other reason than people seemingly hating the club they are meant to be supporting, and assuming we should be gifted a premiership.

EVEN WHEN WE ARE WINNING GAMES!

There's passion, and theres hatred. Be passionate supporting the club, but hating on the club and wanting us to lose? Really?

The club has made Des the coach. We can't change that, so no use going on like a broken record about "fuck des" this or that. Revisit it in 2019.

Likewise shit like Mbye and Frawley.. we can't change that, so why go on and on being negative over it. It's a shitcunt move, but hopefully Des will suprise us come gameday. If he doesn't well then he's potentially cost us the game.

I do believe that with Des's new contract there will be FAR more restrictions, and towing the line.

So ..... Be happy when we win, and hopefully we can string some wins together.

I couldn't care less what the other clubs are doing. You sound like Castle with this attitude.
Thanks for your Feedback :grinning:

Serious question Mr I
Do you suffer from bipolar disorder?
Serious question pupmichelle
Do you even support the Bulldogs?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok , I am in a car race in a fast and furious movie.

I am competing with 3 other cars.

1- toyota hilux with a drunk driver
2- subaru WRX with an asian driver blind on one eye
3- tuk tuk with a turbo and Michael Schumacer on steering handle

and

I have a Bugati Veron and i have paid Dominic Torreto one million dollars to win me that race against the above vehicles/drivers.

and

you are telling me I have an unrealistic sense of entitlement, If I am asking for a win every single time?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

and

I have a Bugati Veron and i have paid Dominic Torreto one million dollars to win me that race against the above vehicles/drivers.

and

you are telling me I have an unrealistic sense of entitlement, If I am asking for a win every single time?
Is the Asian you?

Michael Schumacher would win

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole wanting us to lose is some people seeing it as a means to get rid of des.

And this was before the re-signing was announced

I know I said I hope we get smashed every game just so we get rid of des but now that we've signed him, I've got no choice but to jump on the "go des" bandwagon.

However that won't stop the occasional "fuck des" if he still can't learn from his past lessons

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we're currently 10th in terms of waiting for a premiership. How is it entitled to not be satisfied with that?

Also its not so much the time waiting, its that we don't look like we're ever going to win one, look at our roster right now, does anyone think we have the cattle to win a competition?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no I am not the asian with one eye driving wrx.

I am the smart asian who get dominic torreto to dirve my bugati.
The smart Asian who gets a fictional character to drive the bugati hence the car just stays stationary?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The smart Asian who gets a fictional character to drive the bugati hence the car just stays stationary?
fictional character v/s hypothetical characters.

I just gave you a scenario using Mr. I's rant.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

and

and

Depends on the circuit.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs aren't like other clubs. Since the 1980 we've been had success at least once in each decade.

To go over 10 years without a Premiership is un-Bulldogs like and not good enough. I don't care how long Parra have waited, that doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
You have to be careful that when you settle for a level of a bar, you end up coming just underneath it. If you want a premiership, you need to be intolerant of everything that is not feeding that destiny and sometimes expecting to dominate as a dynasty is going to get you closer to at least one premiership every decade.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so because other teams haven't won premierships in alonger period that makes it ok we haven't won one since 2004?? Sorry but thats a loser attitude IMO. I Dont care about other clubs

Entitlement?? Nope its an EXPECTATION, we were never known for our mediocrity but now it's acceptable I guess

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

2004 Bulldogs
2005 Wests Tigers
2006 Brisbane Broncos
2007 Melbourne Storm
2009 Melbourne Storm
2010 St George Dragons
2012 Melbourne Storm
2013 Sydney Roosters
2015 North Qld Cowboys
2016 Cronulla Sharks

11 Years - Wests Tigers

View attachment 2490

We complain cause we are the most passionate fans in the league.
We complain cause we know we are a premium club.
Parra fans call it a successful season if they make it off the bottom of the ladder, so they're accustomed to losing, WE ARE NOT.
AND PLEASE DONT EVER COMPARE ME TO A PARRA FAN EVER AGAIN. thanks

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sense of entitlement comes from having the highest paid coach in the league who has had an unlimited football budget world class facilities and up until recently full control over his staff and recruitment of players

Status
Not open for further replies.