Round 6 - Dogs vs Knights - Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But I think Garvey is there for cover for Lichaa. While I applaud Frawleys' effort last week, one swallow doesn't make a spring and Mbye had every right to expect to go straight back into the team. The big question is what Des does with the bench though. Will he bring Frawley in or leave it the same as always. Let's face it if we don't know then Brownie has NFI which exactly what Des wants. If Mbye starts in the 7 I hope he has a blinder. I would never wish one of our players to go bust because it suits an argument one way or the other.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I think Garvey is there for cover for Lichaa. While I applaud Frawleys' effort last week, one swallow doesn't make a spring and Mbye had every right to expect to go straight back into the team. The big question is what Des does with the bench though. Will he bring Frawley in or leave it the same as always. Let's face it if we don't know then Brownie has NFI which exactly what Des wants. If Mbye starts in the 7 I hope he has a blinder. I would never wish one of our players to go bust because it suits an argument one way or the other.
I like you do want mbye to have a blinder. My concern is i have been forever waiting for him to have a man of the match game or at least be in the mix. It's been well documented he's not a halfback who can take control.
I just don't think he should be a shoe in because he's our incumbent hb. Frawley did play only one game and did well within his limitations. Mbye has not lived up to any expectations.
I just don't get hasler. Post match press conference he was grinning from ear to ear on how well frawley played . His kicking game, composure etc. And now he's more than likely to ditch him.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did Reynolds not get dropped? Is this real life

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't understand the decision to bring Mbye straight back. Maybe Castle demanded Hasler keep someone of African descent in the side to satisfy the refugees we give free memberships to.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye or Frawley if we are serious we should get the win at Newcastle.

They need to fire up, play smart and sharp. Put the game to bed early because our +/- needs a big boost, currently on -31.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like you do want mbye to have a blinder. My concern is i have been forever waiting for him to have a man of the match game or at least be in the mix. It's been well documented he's not a halfback who can take control.
I just don't think he should be a shoe in because he's our incumbent hb. Frawley did play only one game and did well within his limitations. Mbye has not lived up to any expectations.
I just don't get hasler. Post match press conference he was grinning from ear to ear on how well frawley played . His kicking game, composure etc. And now he's more than likely to ditch him.
Moses is 1 of 2 Bulldogs players to be awarded MOTM this season tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye is the new Ben Roberts. Reynolds/Mbye combo just does not work.
Obviously the combo doesn't work, it never really was a combo to begin with when you look at how we played last year. If the club wanted to play Moses in the halves then they should of dumped Reynolds and played Moses at 5/8 with a real halves partner. Instead we got Des ball.

Reactions: CCC

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My only hope is that frawleys performance last week has mbye shitting himself.
Although, you can't really "scare yourself up" a kicking game.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from, but if we look at the situation with a bit of detachment, you have a player valued at $750k who is fast, steps, can pass and even though he hasn't been good at it can actually kick. On the other hand you have a player valued around $100K who isn't fast, doesn't break the line, but can kick. The newcomer gets a chance and does very well, but the old hand is sitting on the sidelines watching his forwards tear the field to pieces and is thinking "where have you blokes been for the past 12 months?" I know Reynolds and Mbye have had the job for a year now but between injuries and suspension they really haven't had a lot of games together. I still think Mbye can play great footy and he has been MOM a few times in last couple of seasons. I don't think its just a matter of Des' stubbornness. He sees qualities in Mbye that can make him a great HB. He needs to let this play out for a little bit longer to see what happens. Des is a winner, like all coaches, he doesn't take losing very well so he won't persevere at the expense of not making the semis. I know everyone goes on about T-Rex but the bottom line was that he was a proven performer and there wasn't anyone pressing him for his position. Even now we only have Fualolo and Elliott replacing him - hardly world champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.