Mbye to regain spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he did. I still think des is the man to win us one or two comps but his selection of players & also recruitment have really baffled me over the years.

I wish we had a selection panel that chose the team, Steve Mortimer would need to be on that panel for me.
Yes I fully agree, It was really great to see Steve Mortimer in dressing room on Thursday it looked like he was presenting Frawley with something before the game must of given that kid a lot of confidence have the greatest halfback of all time in his corner. Steve Mortimer is a legend.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I fully agree, It was really great to see Steve Mortimer in dressing room on Thursday it looked like he was presenting Frawley with something before the game must of given that kid a lot of confidence have the greatest halfback of all time in his corner. Steve Mortimer is a legend.
HAHAHAHAHAH WTF! Steve Mortimer was great but not even close to the "greatest" :tearsofjoy:
Andrew Johns
Johnathan Thurston
Cooper Cronk
Allan Langer

Peter Sterling
Ricky Stuart

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAH WTF! Steve Mortimer was great but not even close to the "greatest" :tearsofjoy:
Andrew Johns
Johnathan Thurston
Cooper Cronk
Allan Langer

Peter Sterling
Ricky Stuart
you got to be joking you obviously never saw him play why don't you go to you tube (that is if you really are a Bulldog Fan?) and type Steve Mortimer Highlights then comeback and tell me what you think.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impossible to compare eras. Personally I have Johns and Thurston ahead. The rest are borderline and Mortimer is probably in that range.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Means nothing..

Whether Frawley is selected this week will tell us everything we need to know about future.. there is no reason whatsoever why Mbye should be selected ahead of him at 7..
$800,000 reasons tbh.

It won't sit well with the board if he's not in the 17 somewhere

Smart play is utility bench but I'm fully expecting Frawley on an extended bench with Mbye reinstated at 7 so he can put up his pop kicks on the last

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
you got to be joking you obviously never saw him play why don't you go to you tube (that is if you really are a Bulldog Fan?) and type Steve Mortimer Highlights then comeback and tell me what you think.
I saw him play and I was an adult at the time. Turvey was a magnificent player but nowhere near the best of all time. Him and Sterlo fought out NSW honours year in and year out let alone worry about the canetoads halves at the time. There were quite a few that were better than him before his time and quite a few after his time. No disrespect to Turvey he was certainly our best half but a long way short of the greatest half of all time. There were even a few pommy halves who could show him a thing or two. And, I don't need youtube to remember it.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw him play and I was an adult at the time. Turvey was a magnificent player but nowhere near the best of all time. Him and Sterlo fought out NSW honours year in and year out let alone worry about the canetoads halves at the time. There were quite a few that were better than him before his time and quite a few after his time. No disrespect to Turvey he was certainly our best half but a long way short of the greatest half of all time. There were even a few pommy halves who could show him a thing or two. And, I don't need youtube to remember it.
You have your opinion. & I will stick to mine - Steve Mortimer is the Greatest Half of all Time should be an Immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.