Cooper Cronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Give him the key to belmore , 3yr deal , assistant job after he retires , Zappy Turner get in his ear STAT!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think cooper donkey will go to parra
Jack bird to Newcastle and they missed out on Ben hunt so have plenty of cash to throw at Cronk
Plus he can work with Brad Arthur again

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
des just said a minute ago that he thinks cronk will retire.
journo told him about the news this morning that he was coming to play.
des said he still thinks he will retire
Then we have definitely signed him .... des under the radar again

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cronk had a go at our piss poor attack not long on one of the Fox sports show, as if he would want to come here..

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, and once that is the motivation it is game over.

Again, he will be married. Look at what has happened to the Burgesses once they signed a big deal and got married.
Klem is married with kids....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would be heading for Sydney because he has had a little taste of the media with stints at Channel nine and Fox Sports if he gets a stind at a Sydney club for a year then that will be a bonus.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We NEED him for mine, brings professionalism and knows what it takes to win a comp!
If we let Liccha Reynolds and Hoppa go, tap others on the shoulder (we stuffed up BIG time with Eastwood and Tolman) could we possibly get CRONK AND FORAN, and turn M'Bye into a fullback - also bite the bullet and start giving Woolford minutes

Spine 2018

1) M'Bye
6) Foran
7) Cronk
9) Woolford

Other clubs can afford this many players.

Reactions: DT

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heath30 minutes ago
BULLDOGS INTERESTED

Canterbury coach Des Hasler has expressed an interest in free agent Cooper Cronk.

While he says off-contract five-eighth Josh Reynolds remains a big part of the club’s plans, Hasler added the club’s recruitment team would look into acquiring the services of the Australian halfback.

Cronk, who will leave the Storm after this season, announced he is moving to Sydney for personal reasons.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ROOSTERS $34.00 GTFO!
The obvious choice is that long odds? Anyone who knows anything about Sydney, glamour girls cannot avoid Bondi and the Eastern Suburbs. That's where his partner probably already lives, and that's the obvious destination for Cronk.

EDIT: I've just checked her wikipedia entry, and:

She has also played local football herself, for Lindfield F.C. on Sydney's North Shore

So... I stand to be corrected. Fox Sports Studios in Sydney is in Artarmon, married with the above suggests she works and lives on the north side of the metropolis. That would make Manly the obvious choice...

except for the matter of DCE. So... still think Roosters are likeliest, but stranger things have happened. Eels and Manly are my second and third prediction.

I can't see him coming to the Bulldogs.

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

Cronk to leave Melbourne and looking to sign with a Sydney based club for 2018. Surely the Dog's have to sign him??
If we can get him Foran is our next shot.. 2018 is looking good as long as we can grab one from 2

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
YEAH HES 34 THIS YEAR,MAYBE HE WILL SIGN WITH A RETIREMENT AND WUSS TEAM LIKE THE SHARKS

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping, but refuse to get excited.
Yet another big name linked to the Bulldogs.
Put it on the shelf with all the others that have been linked to us in the last few seasons.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. We should focus on long a long term plan. Not a short term fix for now.
If you think about it this aint no short term fix. If we were able to get him for 2 years, his body can handle it he's as fit as they come. Mentor the likes of Frawley/Mbye, possible assitant Coach type role. That is the future right there.
Foran is a stop gap. He shouldnt be anywhere near us IMO.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. We should focus on long a long term plan. Not a short term fix for now.
Its the best long term plan after Thurston. We have 4 capable up and coming halves at the club who need an apprenticeship and mentor. Who would u like to teach them?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Outside Inglis which Storm player has been a standout once they leave Melbourne?

Look at Proctor LOL. Blake Green has been non existent, Dane Neilsen, Sika Manu just to name a few.

Even Inglis for the past 2 seasons looks like he couldnt give a shit anymore.
Blake Green did a number on us a couple of weeks ago and Hoffman has been a SOO regular for a number of years after leaving the storm. Widdop is going OK and Procter is injured so its a bit hard for him to stand out. Inglis has been on busted knees for the past 2 years that's why he has dropped off but before that he was close to the best in the world. You forget Tolman was a Storm player - he goes OK as did Turner. That's just some of the ones off the top of my head.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He also went missing BIG time in the GF last season.
Wasn't he the one who was on the inside calling for the ball at the end of the game that would have won it for the Storm if the idiot teammate had passed it instead of going to ground? Wasn't missing then.....

inside-doggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I dropped this in the rumours thread well over a month ago and had my post deleted by some clowns who didn't want to listen. He has signed with Roosters, it's already a done deal, so don't get your hopes up he's not coming to the dogs. BTW I thought the rumours thread was for posting rumours, why was mine not good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.