Gee, this is a little harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I so hate the term reverse racism, the reverse of racism is not being racist, you'd think a professional writer would know words.

Isn't the term, reverse racism inherently racist itself, given it only makes sense if you believe racism is something only white people do to non-white people?

Rant over........ if that mother wants to get more media on the story, she should start a play group for white babies only tomorrow, and then wait about 5 seconds for it to be a story on every major news network :laughing:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's no longer white society
It's now multi cultural

That is a good thing

But in order for it to work, these kind of closed groups can't be allowed to run
Completely agree here. I understand that there needs to be some protection for minorities to prevent persecution, but segregation isn't the solution. It just breeds more hate.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why I hate the left wing/right wing dichotomy in politics, and the reason I consider myself a centrist. On one side you have left wing protected groups causing segregation by creating their own areas that only they are allowed to attend. On the other side you have a right wing publication reporting it not for human rights reasons or to prevent racism, they're reporting it to support their own racism and/or to openly attack the left wing people.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Miranda Devine is an absolute bottom feeder and one of the worst columnists in the country imho. It is sad to see she has been given ammunition for her horrid anti globalist crusade from a daycare group that clearly lacks common sense. There are many groups, institustions and individuals that lack common sense these days, across all sections of the community and in both sides of the political divide. Miranda Devine is just another name in a long list of idiots in this country. You could probably add the coordinator of this day care centre to the list as well. Common sense should have told her her actions and the broader policy was a bit divisive.

Miranda Devine is nasty and full of shit, but I don't think she has invented this out of thin air. Shut like this DOES go on.
This is a perfect example of why I hate the left wing/right wing dichotomy in politics, and the reason I consider myself a centrist. On one side you have left wing protected groups causing segregation by creating their own areas that only they are allowed to attend. On the other side you have a right wing publication reporting it not for human rights reasons or to prevent racism, they're reporting it to support their own racism and/or to openly attack the left wing people.
I think utility half post was a correct reflection of this instance

It's got nothing to do with left/right politics rather you've got a community centre who couldn't apply common sense and on the other side a hate monger who searches far and wide for something to write about to spew her hate and bigotry

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think utility half post was a correct reflection of this instance

It's got nothing to do with left/right politics rather you've got a community centre who couldn't apply common sense and on the other side a hate monger who searches far and wide for something to write about to spew her hate and bigotry
Pretty much. And the problem is two fold:

1) They have their own personal hate that is given a platform through the media

2) Their articles sell papers/clicks which just reinforcement their bigotry

This is why I put it down to the left/right political spectrum. It creates reinforcement through peer pressure and exposure. People have a belief and they lean to a political side because of that belief. That political side reinforces their belief then encourages other beliefs on them. You see this often with papers like the Daily Telegraph and the Guardian. Papers that are deliberately biased to a political side and won't post anything that goes against their stance but will happily post rubbish that supports their beliefs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much. And the problem is two fold:

1) They have their own personal hate that is given a platform through the media

2) Their articles sell papers/clicks which just reinforcement their bigotry

This is why I put it down to the left/right political spectrum. It creates reinforcement through peer pressure and exposure. People have a belief and they lean to a political side because of that belief. That political side reinforces their belief then encourages other beliefs on them. You see this often with papers like the Daily Telegraph and the Guardian. Papers that are deliberately biased to a political side and won't post anything that goes against their stance but will happily post rubbish that supports their beliefs.
I get your point, just not sure if the extremities can be grouped with the majority of the population, after all one nation and greens only poll around 10% each, and the DT surely is a reflection of extremists and not run of the mill right wingers

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get your point, just not sure if the extremities can be grouped with the majority of the population, after all one nation and greens only poll around 10% each, and the DT surely is a reflection of extremists and not run of the mill right wingers
I'd say that DT is more aligned with the general Liberal voter (majority right) rather than the extreme right, while Guardian is more aligned with Greens voters (minority lefy) than the majority left (Labor)

SMH is more aligned with majority left (Labor) but it also has right wing reporters and views due to it's independent status.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say that DT is more aligned with the general Liberal voter (majority right) rather than the extreme right, while Guardian is more aligned with Greens voters (minority lefy) than the majority left (Labor)

SMH is more aligned with majority left (Labor) but it also has right wing reporters and views due to it's independent status.
I can see where you're coming from for the DT, I used to see the same as well, but what sways me to negate that opinion is that polling on certain issues seems to suggest that mainstream right wing don't share the same values as the DT. Which is I question whether they are truly a reflection of mainstream right wing.

But either way the DT are bat shit crazy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at pc brigadiers back peddling. The fuk is wrong with yous dissing a female reporter? She's a female leave her alone you sexist mysoginistic fuk faces.

And everyone can thank political correctness for completely fuks up shit like this article. Whoever says it has nothing to do with political correctness is either blind or outright just a fkn idiot (pc brigadier)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the work of the lefties (political correctness) no ifs no buts no excuses. This is what political correctness breeds.

I see Miranda mainly reporting on this due to the fact it's a female it happened to. Had it happened to a male (father) this article would not have been written or would have been ignored by many.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at pc brigadiers back peddling. The fuk is wrong with yous dissing a female reporter? She's a female leave her alone you sexist mysoginistic fuk faces.

And everyone can thank political correctness for completely fuks up shit like this article. Whoever says it has nothing to do with political correctness is either blind or outright just a fkn idiot (pc brigadier)
Wrong wrong wrong again as usual.

Her views are being attacked not her as a female

The situation has nothing to do with PC rather it's people who lack common sense

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wrong wrong wrong again as usual.

Her views are being attacked not her as a female

The situation has nothing to do with PC rather it's people who lack common sense
It's everything to do with pc. People who lack common sense or a bit of intelligence can't see it for what it is

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's everything to do with pc. People who lack common sense or a bit of intelligence can't see it for what it is
You have no common sense dude. The idea that a woman can't be criticised solely based on her ideas without it being some sort of gendered insult is inherently sexist.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have no common sense dude. The idea that a woman can't be criticised solely based on her ideas without it being some sort of gendered insult is inherently sexist.
That's political correctness and feminism. I'm just trying be part of it all

Status
Not open for further replies.