Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dropping players is about getting their attitude right, even if the person replacing them isn't any better! Remember talau 98! You want to make them feel responsible for letting their team down! And then you want to assess how have they reacted to this decision! Thus is when you find out the good players from the great players!
Yeh this place would loooooveeee it if we dropped half the team and replaced them with NSW cup players, and then we lost like 60-0. That would go down a treat lol. Its not going to happen. Theres too many players that were bad vs Manly to drop all at once. Anyone who thinks the thrashing was down to a couple of players is a complete nuff.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tolman quoted today “I don’t think Des needs to change. Obviously we need to improve a few things from last week. I suppose that’s where you’ll see the change,
But in terms of our footy structures, I don’t think that really needs to change too much.”
"Nothing needs to change"? How about the scoreboard? If there are any numbers on the Bulldogs side of the scoreboard that will be an improvement!
Tolman will run sideways and the get bashed further sideways by the Donkey's defence.

As long as we smash the hell out of Mythius Boyd that will do me.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bennett coached teams are too disciplined and energetic for this coach and group of players.

Broncos will win comfortably. As soon as we go behind watch the heads drop as the team know they cannot chase points. They do not have the mentality to chase points.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh this place would loooooveeee it if we dropped half the team and replaced them with NSW cup players, and then we lost like 60-0. That would go down a treat lol. Its not going to happen. Theres too many players that were bad vs Manly to drop all at once. Anyone who thinks the thrashing was down to a couple of players is a complete nuff.
Hasler needed to have the drop players policy when he first started, it would be laughable if he started to drop players after 6 years! None of them take him seriously as it is! He knows this, but he also knows that the club is a joke as it is, and his just picking up the cheque and laughing at the club at home!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is this..

If we get flogged I can categorically tell you NOTHING will change regarding Haslers tenure, as there is no way we'd expect a complete change in a few days.

What will happen is the boards will demand to know what he intends to do to fix the issues.

If those issues are not fixed in the prevailing games, he might be in trouble.

Won't have to worry about origin this year, nobody is good enough.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was thinking maybe the dogs will fire up and upset the bronco's but even with the players putting in an effort to save hasler they will cave and after about 30 min the bronco's will show how shit our team is and that will spell the end for hasler, thank god, I hate seeing the doggies lose but it's inevitable, bye bye hasler.
I can remember tramping up Kingsgrove Road, across Canterbury Road and down Sharp Street when I was a kid to watch the "Berries" go around. Then along came evolution and we became the Bulldogs. Yeah, I never thought I'd like to see the Bulldogs lose but if a set number of losses means the end of Hasler I'm sorry to say that I'm all for it.

It will take us a number of seasons to rebuild the Bulldogs but when we're back hitting hard, running straight and winning games it will be worth it.

But what I loath is that the steady dismantling of our club should have been seen by the Board and it should never have happened. Or were Chairman Dib and the Board of Directors all part of our club's demolition?

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is this..

If we get flogged I can categorically tell you NOTHING will change regarding Haslers tenure, as there is no way we'd expect a complete change in a few days.

What will happen is the boards will demand to know what he intends to do to fix the issues.

If those issues are not fixed in the prevailing games, he might be in trouble.

Won't have to worry about origin this year, nobody is good enough.
Wasn't all that "You've got ten rounds to show us that you're a successful coach, otherwise you're out" stuff done at the pre season Ray Dib show?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can remember tramping up Kingsgrove Road, across Canterbury Road and down Sharp Street when I was a kid to watch the "Berries" go around. Then along came evolution and we became the Bulldogs. Yeah, I never thought I'd like to see the Bulldogs lose but if a set number of losses means the end of Hasler I'm sorry to say that I'm all for it.

It will take us a number of seasons to rebuild the Bulldogs but when we're back hitting hard, running straight and winning games it will be worth it.

But what I loath is that the steady dismantling of our club should have been seen by the Board and it should never have happened. Or were Chairman Dib and the Board of Directors all part of our club's demolition?
Wishing for losses is the opposite of what a fan is supposed to do. I cant buy for ANY reason a fan hoping we would lose. If Des is as bad as all that, in the long run you wont have to wish for losses for him to be gone

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wishing for losses is the opposite of what a fan is supposed to do. I cant buy for ANY reason a fan hoping we would lose. If Des is as bad as all that, in the long run you wont have to wish for losses for him to be gone
I appreciate and respect your view Dognacious. When Des Hasler took over as coach we had just gone through the three years with Kevin Moore as coach where he was sacked seven games short of the end of the 2011 season. Jim Dymock took over as caretaker coach who had a win - loss of 5 - 2.

Des Hasler took over in 2012 and I with everyone else had hig expectations of what he was going to achieve. Yes, we had two grand final appearances but those expected achievements just didn't happen. We have gone through season after season of slow unfit and injured forwards being dominated by most packs. The Trent Hodkinson story with him playing on one leg and the same with Josh Morris. In fact both of them were selected to play in the 2014 grand final against Souths. Selections that were totally unacceptable but we had no reserves good enough to take their place. That of course was due to the atrocious recruiting that we've put up with since 2012. Then of course in 2016 we had James Graham and Aiden Tolman as first receivers, which of course left Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds as unwanted spare parts. If that didn't make us the laughing stock of the NRL nothing would have.

I personally had had enough.

What I wrote was: "Yeah, I never thought I'd like to see the Bulldogs lose but if a set number of losses means the end of Hasler I'm sorry to say that I'm all for it".

I agree that its not the best attitude for a bloke who has followed the Dogs for 56 years, but I hope that its a means to an end.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm who is going to be our goalkicker this week? Will we even need one?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck.. i used to look forward to this match up.
Fkn des.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Theres an article smashing our forwards in the paper today. Didn't read it but the headlines "Pawthetic" hahaha. Surely the boys will be the least bit fired up after seeing that headline? Our pack has massively underperformed this season.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I can say, lucky the game is in Sydney. It's a shocker here in Brisbane today.

Schools have been closed in SEQ, and many workplaces have told their staff to go home.

Personally, I have braved the nightmare on the roads to get here this morning, so i'm staying put.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I can say, lucky the game is in Sydney. It's a shocker here in Brisbane today.

Schools have been closed in SEQ, and many workplaces have told their staff to go home.

Personally, I have braved the nightmare on the roads to get here this morning, so i'm staying put.
It's not going to be much better down in Sydney

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not going to be much better down in Sydney
Actually just read that its gonig to rain a bit down there too. But hopefully it won't be as hectic as it is here. I think we had about 150mm overnight. Lucky my new driveway and garage door are holding up, and my garage isn't underwater.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually just read that its gonig to rain a bit down there too. But hopefully it won't be as hectic as it is here. I think we had about 150mm overnight. Lucky my new driveway and garage door are holding up, and my garage isn't underwater.
Yeah i think it's worse up in Brisbane, stay safe mate

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember there being a couple of times where we beat the Broncos when no one gave us any chance.

One that quickly comes to mind was our 26-18 win up at Suncorp Stadium in 2008. We beat them with this abysmal lineup that day:

1. Brent CRISP
2. Hazem EL MASRI
3. Daryl MILLARD
4. Tim WINITANA
5. Heka NANAI
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Arana TAUMATA
8. Jarrad HICKEY
9. Corey HUGHES
10. Fred BRIGGS
11. Sonny Bill WILLIAMS
12. Andrew RYAN (c)