GETTING ABSOLUTELY SICK OF "WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT" RUBBISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People are still blaming our halves for lack of creativity and pathetic performances on the field and not blaming Des for it at all and I am absolutely getting mad on keep hearing that.

this is utter Bullshit. We heard the same thing about Ennis 3 years ago. We had one of the slowest and clueless hooker in the comp who was nothing but a tackling machine, he couldnt put a grubber, he couldnt pass quickly, he was slow off the mark , he was useless and holding our team back.

We replaced him with one of the best upcoming talents in Liccha who had won all the awards and accolades in junior grades. We had Mbye who was regarded as the future Maroon by the experts and next in line to JT!!!. We had Damien Cook who won 2 MOM performances in his first 7 games and we let him go and rest is history.

Even if we had Cronk and JT , playing under Des's structures , we will always be playing shit!

Josh Reynolds has spent much of his career playing under Des, no wonder he can not create anything or put a decent kick.

Mbye started off as a brilliant goal kicker with a strike rate of over 90%....look at him now!

Liccha... enough said!

Des is a talent killer. period!

From now on who ever blames our halves for not having any talent is going to make himself look like an absolute retard.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Look at Jackson and Finucane. Both came into our side around the same time...JJ is now a tackling machine that doesn't know how/isn't allowed to run decent lines. Finucane is killing it at the Storm.

Cheers Des, you fucktard.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
People are still blaming our halves for lack of creativity and pathetic performances on the field and not blaming Des for it at all and I am absolutely getting mad on keep hearing that.

this is utter Bullshit. We heard the same thing about Ennis 3 years ago. We had one of the slowest and clueless hooker in the comp who was nothing but a tackling machine, he couldnt put a grubber, he couldnt pass quickly, he was slow off the mark , he was useless and holding our team back.

We replaced him with one of the best upcoming talents in Liccha who had won all the awards and accolades in junior grades. We had Mbye who was regarded as the future Maroon by the experts and next in line to JT!!!. We had Damien Cook who won 2 MOM performances in his first 7 games and we let him go and rest is history.

Even if we had Cronk and JT , playing under Des's structures , we will always be playing shit!

Josh Reynolds has spent much of his career playing under Des, no wonder he can not create anything or put a decent kick.

Mbye started off as a brilliant goal kicker with a strike rate of over 90%....look at him now!

Liccha... enough said!

Des is a talent killer. period!

From now on who ever blames our halves for not having any talent is going to make himself look like an absolute retard.
I feel you brother, the only one with no talent in our team is Des

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can i say

"Fuck Des"?

I think that has been outlawed on the kennel,

But I'm going to say it anywAy

Fuck Des

And while I'm at it

Fuck abbey just for the lolls
i was about to thumb your post till i read you last comment.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
your hate for abbey is insane.
It's not hate
I'm sure he is a top bloke

And a quality footballer in lower grades or park footy

I just don't see him as an NRL player

Well, not at fullback anywAy

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My non informed guess on why players skills - pass, catch, kick etc - haven't developed - is because of a negative mind set. The emphasis seems to be on maintaining possession rather than learning, practicing, refining the skills needed to use the possession effectively. Everything in attack gets slowed down to make sure the ball isn't lost, kicks are mid field so as not to kick out on the full or give away 7 tackles, no second phase because need to be in position for the next play the ball - all strategy but no skill. Because everything is slow the ball carriers get smashed and dominated, slowing things further. I wonder if the attacking training is done at full speed - every other side attacks with far greater speed than the dogs. Listening to Des he seems overly driven by stats and details - except for scoreboard stats. Reminds me of tennis players who keep the ball in play, holds their serve, few unforced errors but still lose every match in tie breaks - to scared to hit the ball close to the lines.
Good news - SGB Ball were very good on Sunday against Canberra!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My non informed guess on why players skills - pass, catch, kick etc - haven't developed - is because of a negative mind set. The emphasis seems to be on maintaining possession rather than learning, practicing, refining the skills needed to use the possession effectively. Everything in attack gets slowed down to make sure the ball isn't lost, kicks are mid field so as not to kick out on the full or give away 7 tackles, no second phase because need to be in position for the next play the ball - all strategy but no skill. Because everything is slow the ball carriers get smashed and dominated, slowing things further. I wonder if the attacking training is done at full speed - every other side attacks with far greater speed than the dogs. Listening to Des he seems overly driven by stats and details - except for scoreboard stats. Reminds me of tennis players who keep the ball in play, holds their serve, few unforced errors but still lose every match in tie breaks - to scared to hit the ball close to the lines.
Good news - SGB Ball were very good on Sunday against Canberra!

mate your opinion is bang on the money.

our players have been playing together for years coached by Des for years.

as you mentioned all the catch, passing, kicking, creativity, vision etc has been taken out of their DNA over the years, cos they are coached for years to play like robots.

the bulk of the players are still the same as they were 5 years ago yet we play like head less chooks and look so uncoordinated at most times.

not players fault.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Abbey belongs playing for the Earlwood saints of the bench.

How he has a contract is beyond me.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Reynold in 2012 vs Reynold 2017 is chalk and cheese.
Des will kill off anyone's career so he can prove a point .
Fuck off des
And Abbey future immortal:grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cannot agree with the bit about Ennis , he may not have been the best hooker in 2014 but he was definitely the best player regardless of Des.

Brilliance can't be suppressed or hidden because it shines .
Des tried to make Ennis a one faceted tackling machine but his natural instincts are stronger and they presented themselves through leadership and go forward . Finals 2014 anyone??

Its like trying to reform a paedophile you just can't do it . Its in their make up ( sorry that is such a bad example but you see where I'm getting at)

So in this light if there was a go getting, brilliant , creative player in Mbye or Lichaa they would have shone by now ...even just a little bit.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look at Jackson and Finucane. Both came into our side around the same time...JJ is now a tackling machine that doesn't know how/isn't allowed to run decent lines. Finucane is killing it at the Storm.

Cheers Des, you fucktard.
To be fair one plays outside Cronk and smith. One plays outside lichaa and mbye

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the key players cant even do the basics right so i am absolutely saying the talent isnt there. agree with the cook call though should never have let him go

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Adam Elliott is getting better.
RFM seems to be playing better.

As a whole we are playing worse though.

Can i say
"Fuck Des"?
I think that has been outlawed on the kennel,
But I'm going to say it anywAy
Fuck Des
And while I'm at it
Fuck abbey just for the lolls
@Papa Het
No Fuck America?
No Fuck White People?

You're dropping your game sir!!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam Elliott is getting better.
RFM seems to be playing better.

As a whole we are playing worse though.

@Papa Het
No Fuck America?
No Fuck White People?

You're dropping your game sir!!
rfm should be starting his offloading on the edge is the only thing creative about this current bunch

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Thats describing Lichaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.