Matty Johns launches blistering NRL attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its been ground hog day since 2013, the difference this time is our squad is the worst its ever been thanks to Des and now we are reaping the benefits.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt we've got the cap space to offer hunt what st george did, pretty sure elgey was already at the titans and re signed, taylor was a rookie who hadn't played first grade yet and we signed mbye who everyone wanted re signed back in 2015. Not saying we couldn't have done better on the player market but its easy to criticise in hindsight

this is why Des is getting paid 1 million dollars a year.

He is not getting paid all that money to sit there and throw darts.

More over , he has forced talent like Ennis, Cook , Finucane and Tapau to leave the club while keeping Trex and other plodders.

Any other coach would have done heaps better with the talent we have/ had.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
decent halves have become available every year for last 3 years.

Mbye was re- signed last year for 800k.

Having said that any other half would have ended up like Mbye under Des.
We could of got Maloney and Sezer but stuck with Rookie and Passion instead.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
even with rookie and passion we should have done better i believe.

what improvement have we had in our halves in last 3 years? nil , zilch, nata, sifr!

Des couldnt even teach Mbye to kick goals, when he started he was kicking at above 90%

like i said , Des is KKK (Kancer Kareer Killer)

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same rookie who just about everyone on here wanted re-signed at the time when he was playing good footy

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The same rookie who just about everyone on here wanted re-signed at the time when he was playing good footy

lol, no one wanted him re signed for 800k.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Gibson never stayed at a club for more than 3 years. There are a few coaches ie Craig Bellamy that are so good, they can extend for up to a decade. Those coaches are few & far between.
Hasler isn't one of those coaches. His players are not responding to him anymore. A lot of this current team made a grand final in 2014. That was then, this is now. Regardless, Canterbury are destined to finish in the bottom 4. It's a certainty.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
decent halves have become available every year for last 3 years.

Mbye was re- signed last year for 800k.

Having said that any other half would have ended up like Mbye under Des.
He isn't on 800k lol.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're saying you wouldn't have re signed mbye based on how he was playing back in 2015? Pretty sure reynolds was still contracted at the time as well
Mbye was re-signed last year on dumb money.

I"ll give it to Mbye though, he played everyone how he wants to be the next JT, he is up to play in the halves, got his ridiculous contract and now doesnt want to play there.

Des thought Ennis had nothing left and replaced him with Lichaa, and its failed.

Des thought our only lock in Finucane didnt deserve a starting spot and granted him a release, and that backfired.

Our left edge went from Pritchard----->Williams----->Eastwood

He re-signed Eastwood & Tolman while there were great forwards out on the market.

You are missing the point, every re-signing (barring Jackson & Klemmer), new signing and release has been an epic fail and DESMOND HASLER is the one and only who orchestrated this current squad

Brett Morris as FB - Fail
Floppa as FB & Sunday Clause - Fail
Lichaa as hooker - Fail
Mbye as HB - Fail
Eastwood as 2nd Row - Fail
Tolman - Fail

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Feels like Des has put so much emphasis on numbers and playing the high percentage. This is reinforced in the players mind hence having very little creativity
Lots of things come to mind
  • always ranting on about high completions
  • forward dominated game i.e. inside the opposition 20m we have 4 forward hitups
  • being tackled on the 5th (last year)
  • always talking about the numbers in terms of training
  • very few grubbers into the ingoal
  • Des not letting Ennis/Lichaa run the ball much
  • Seems like he is stuck in his way with the bench rotation (someone playing the last 10min ie Halatau/Maitua/Elliot etc.)
He has drilled the same shit over and over into them and it has totally stuffed up some of our players. He basically wants complete control over what is happening on the field.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He isn't on 800k lol.

what ever he is on , he is on taking the chunk of our cap.

It is like me a project manger of a company is responsible for managing a project and i get paid big bucks for hiring COMPETENT , LICENSED AND EXPERIECNED contractors who CAN DO THE JOB.

The company is paying me big bucks to ensure I get the job done cos they know I have the skills to manage the project to its successful completion.

If i hire dodgy contractors or cant get the work done on time or cant get the workers to do their job properly, it is my fucken neck on the line not the people i hire to do the job.

Company doesnt care if the people i assigned to do the job are rookies, sick , incompetent or simply werent available in the market.

IT IS ALL ON ME! COS I AM GETTING PAID THE BIG BUCKS HERE.

Hass

Waterboy
Reaction score
New to this forum, been following the discussions for a few years though never joined, as a proud bulldogs supporter enough is enough, all this talk of dont blame the coach

It was the coach who

- let of pritchard in career form
- let ennis go for the worst hooker ever
- signed mybe on promise without showing anything special
- let go of hokko who was our ice man
- let go of funicane
- let go of shaun lane
And signed up a player that dosnt play sundays,

Fuck that

This blokes times up, he got his money and so did his crew ... out the door and take rayleene with ya

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
These 'critics' and 'experts' bang on as if we've had 5 coaches in 3 years. Our "coach" has been here for what is his 6th season. This is HIS roster. There is no way he is not to blame.

Our squad is shit too though TBH.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
He has drilled the same shit over and over into them and it has totally stuffed up some of our players. He basically wants complete control over what is happening on the field.
Agreed.
Cant play natural game or whats in front of them.

Feels like we could have a 5 on 2 overlap but Lichaa will go through the motions of passing it to Graham for his diagonal run or Tolmans 5m hit up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
what ever he is on , he is on taking the chunk of our cap.

It is like me a project manger of a company is responsible for managing a project and i get paid big bucks for hiring COMPETENT , LICENSED AND EXPERIECNED contractors who CAN DO THE JOB.

The company is paying me big bucks to ensure I get the job done cos they know I have the skills to manage the project to its successful completion.

If i hire dodgy contractors or cant get the work done on time or cant get the workers to do their job properly, it is my fucken neck on the line not the people i hire to do the job.

Company doesnt care if the people i assigned to do the job are rookies, sick , incompetent or simply werent available in the market.

IT IS ALL ON ME! COS I AM GETTING PAID THE BIG BUCKS HERE.
Yes Des fucked up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed.
Cant play natural game or whats in front of them.

Feels like we could have a 5 on 2 overlap but Lichaa will go through the motions of passing it to Graham for his diagonal run or Tolmans 5m hit up.
Tolmans natural instinct is to run in at first receiver and hang around the ruck. It isn't his fault he does that, it's the bloke that coached that into him. When players are fatigued they usual do whats natural do them so tmwe are basically stuck in this shitty cycle where our players just play through the motions.

A new coach and a new environment will do wonders for our team imo. Obviously some players need to be moved on and others recruited, but i do think some of our current squad could look like totally different players with some time and changes.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol@ Matty who the fuck choose the team?
Let go of
Ennis
Pritchard
Finucan
Barba
Rona
Hodko
Goodwin
Keept trex , beastwood , Reynolds
Upgrade Mbye
Rejected sezer , Mitchell and Munster
Yep it's not Des's fault fuck off matty.

Status
Not open for further replies.