Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
No I don't

I saw no positives in the second half
All I saw was manly get lazy and cocky with the blow out score line
Lucky for us
So abbey showing up every where not dropping ball that counts for nothing?
Lichaa running game in the second half was brilliant.
I'm not saying anything was positive but just answering your question about abbey he played well.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So abbey showing up every where not dropping ball that counts for nothing?
Lichaa running game in the second half was brilliant.
I'm not saying anything was positive but just answering your question about abbey he played well.
If you think he played well today
Or any of our players, you really need to watch more football

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abbey made every catch, ran for the most metres out of anyone in our side other then Klemmer, Supported our forwards. His only fault was his positional play in the first half. What do people expect from a 20 year old whose team can't hold onto the ball, can't tackle, can't kick.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Although his positional play clearly needs work (as did Morris when he went there & the rat) I was happy with how good he was under the high ball today. Actually that was the only positive I saw in today's game.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Abbey is green and may not come good but Hoppa is a proven plodder.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just watched news report
All manly tries on display again
Abbey was worse than I thought

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I saw Abbey contest one high ball in two weeks thats it.Remember he is a FULLBACK.Montoya has more guts than Abbey maybe he should be Fullback.I don't want to crucify the kid but I honestly don't see what Morris did wrong in the 1 jersey.I think Abbey should take his arse back to the reggies and wait a bit longer.He seriously needs to work on his positional play and for GODS sake if you need to do something commit and go 100%.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give him a chance. He should have a decent team in front of him to look after a rookie, and give him good ball when he backs up.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't his attack it's his defence.He looks nervous the last 2 games under the high ball.
I get that, but there's a whole team in front of him to help in defence until he gains his confidence.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is always an excuse
Fact is
The guy is not an nrl player
Never will be
Cut him lose now
You could be right. You could be wrong. Either way he's only there temporarily and I'd rather focus on getting rid of the dead weight that is actually holding the club back.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Abbey is nowhere near the top of the list of our problems.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok
This is my 4th attempt to do this thread

Abbey is horrible
No positional play
No nothing
Get on board the anti abbey brigade
Rise up against those miss guided fools who think he has any kind of future in nrl ever

playing under a career killer and only in his second game

give him some roam to breath ffs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abbey was ordinary in reserve grade throughout last year - how he played today was how he played last year - occasional good run but no defence, easily dominated, poor hands with the ball low. Having said that the efforts of some others was disgraceful - I thought J Morris, Lee, Kasiano were at time more concerned with feeling sorry for themselves than commiting to attack or defence Not much pressure though from NSW Cup though. May not be first grade quality yet BUT Bergamin puts in an effort, Lewis has a kicking game, Woolford can pass and kick.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Most overhyped bulldog since Paki Afu.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree and disagree... he sort of let him a few try's in the first half with his positioning etc... but second half came our chased everything down and tried. Atelast he bloody tried.... Eastwood and Klemmer are pissing me off... I don't even recognise them anymore.... I can't remember the last time either one pulled off a nice offload...

Status
Not open for further replies.