I won't be attending this week's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For the first time ever, I won't be attending a game due to the lack of effort/lack of game plan/lack of any type of application in attack/a complete lack of a kicking game displayed by my team tonight.

I will always support my team through thick and thin but that was the final straw for me today. If they can't have a crack as a team or can't be bothered to compete then I can't be bothered driving 45 minutes with my kids on a school night to watch another insipid performance. I have a full membership but I'm not going to put myself through that and then have to drive nearly an hour home.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the first time ever, I won't be attending a game due to the lack of effort/lack of game plan/lack of any type of application in attack/a complete lack of a kicking game displayed by my team tonight.

I will always support my team through thick and thin but that was the final straw for me today. If they can't have a crack as a team or can't be bothered to compete then I can't be bothered driving 45 minutes with my kids on a school night to watch another insipid performance. I have a full membership but I'm not going to put myself through that and then have to drive nearly an hour home.
Fully understand. It's why I let my membership lapse - couldn't face the embarrassment of the walk back to the car then the drive home listening to the summary of the game on the radio. On top of that - uncomfortable seats, pathetic "entertainment" and no protection from the elements in the platinum seating.

Why would you bother? It's the only way the club will wake up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Omg there will be tears at belmore now.

Me, i think we were terrible today but played well tbe first 3 rounds against good teams. 1 bad loss in a row isnt going to have me losing my shit and calling for mass sackings.

If we did it too often it might be a different story. How we go next week might tell us more. In happy to wait till then and see if today was just an abomination. All teams can have those.

Playing as bad next week would make it form, which would be more concerning

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

The keyword you have is EFFORT where the fuck is the effort .

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm gonna go and I know I'm going to suffer and have the shits

I just wish we were playing parra, they have the hottest cheerleaders

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Me, i think we were terrible today but played well tbe first 3 rounds against good teams. 1 bad loss in a row isnt going to have me losing my shit and calling for mass sackings.

If we did it too often it might be a different story. How we go next week might tell us more. In happy to wait till then and see if today was just an abomination. All teams can have those.

Bro I've been watching soccer long enough now, where there are more teams and lot more managerial merry go rounds

The boys today, that was a down tools effort

They aren't playing for him

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky we're playing a home game, otherwise Buck the horse would have a heart attack with all the galloping he'd have to do.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry it's hard to swallow but I think this is the only way the club is going to notice is if no one attends games , and please ppl don't go and say go to support the players because today they where a joke and a bunch off fools

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I let my two Platinum memberships lapse too, Chris. I'd rather piss the $750 up against the wall, or into a poker machine. At least you'd get some entertainment. 422's rule
Fully understand. It's why I let my membership lapse - couldn't face the embarrassment of the walk back to the car then the drive home listening to the summary of the game on the radio. On top of that - uncomfortable seats, pathetic "entertainment" and no protection from the elements in the platinum seating.

Why would you bother? It's the only way the club will wake up.[

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I let my two platinum memberships lapse, too, Chris. I'd rather piss $750 up against the wall, or into a poker machine....the odds of being entertained are better. 422's rule...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a bloody big difference between lack of effort and lack of execution and tonight it was the lack of execution that killed us. They were having a go but everytime they tried something it didn't work. You have nights like that and hopefully that was ours for the season. I'll be there on Thursday night along with all my grandchildren and children like we are every game and I expect that we will win, but if we don't as long as we have a go I'll be OK, not happy but OK.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I let my two platinum memberships lapse, too, Chris. I'd rather piss $750 up against the wall, or into a poker machine....the odds of being entertained are better. 422's rule...
A "superbus" fan, eh? I like Ge4/4IIs. Will be riding behind a few next month.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not going either. Not going to invest time, effort and money in the club while they continue to accept and deliver this rubbish. The club is a shambles. Dib, Des and Raleane need to go. Big clean out and rebuild needed. This once proud club is a laughing stock.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We've got the Broncos at suncorp, I cant see it getting any better.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
yea fuck it, my own footy takes priority now. will watch whatever is left when I get home though.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Such a dismal time on the kennel at the moment. I am not happy about today at all and am just exasperated at the seeming lack of application and effort. The boys looked clueless today and it was definitely not a game to write home about, unless of course you are a Manly supporter. Last week we won, but probably not because we won the game on our own merits but the Warriors assisted us with very poor options and finishing. We cannot defend a kick for our life and by my reckoning three tries last week and maybe four today were the result of kicks.

You get the suspicion that maybe today was a bit of a statement and not a positive one. Body language of skipper at the presser was underwhelming.

I won't be going next Thursday but only because hubby can't be around big groups of people as it is peak time in his chemo cycle for infection. This will be the first home game that I have missed in about 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.