Who's excited to see abbey and Montoya get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm as excited as a poor kid getting a bag of lollies for Christmas but I'd rather be a rich kid getting excited about getting a Ferrari instead.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya is behind Phillips in the pecking order so doubt he'll spend too much time in 1st grade this year.

Looks promising though.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Was definitely refreshing to see some youngsters come through and overall I was happy with Abbey and Montoya on Friday night.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abbey and Montoya seem to go looking for the ball, and Abbey is following our forwards ready for a pass. He will be tested under the bomb - so was Barba. I think there is potential with both these players.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abbey and Montoya seem to go looking for the ball, and Abbey is following our forwards ready for a pass. He will be tested under the bomb - so was Barba. I think there is potential with both these players.
Those bagging Abbey for dropping a couple of balls (not in this thread, elsewhere), we should remember that Barba had a shocking start to his 1st grade fullback career. Was dropping bombs left, right and center. Kid would have been nervous and desperate not to fuck up. I hope Des sticks with them a few more weeks at least.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya is behind Phillips in the pecking order so doubt he'll spend too much time in 1st grade this year.

Looks promising though.
Then why wouldn't Phillips have played on the weekend?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Richie Kennar, Whats the go there? I thought he would be higher up the pecking order ...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then why wouldn't Phillips have played on the weekend?
Phillips had a groin injury but I'd take Montoya over him everyday of the week.

Phillips is a very average player.

Status
Not open for further replies.