Hasler might be signed 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we lose tomorrow night so he gets the sack.

We need fresh ideas and a fresh start.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres some funny shit in this thread OMG. Cant believe how negative some people can be. Its one thing to be pissed at losing, but the lengths some people go to to be Executioner is hilarious.
Round 2, and we've lost against Storm & Roosters by Sweet FA. And we never played to our potential.
Anyone think anything will actually happen this year even if Des and half the team leaves. I honestly dont know who 90% of the people here support. Hate the Coach, Hate the CEO, hate the halves, all the backs and pretty much the forward pack. Not much left to support tbh.
We have some exciting young debuts this week. Focus on the being Dogs Fans again.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Much seems to be made of Des being mediocre as a coach so I suppose we should look at the other coaches who have done so much better in the past 5 years.... Robinson - yep he has done OK with his superstar outfit with 1 premiership although didn't make the semis last year did he. Maguire -another tick I guess because he beat us in 2014 but either side of that hasn't done much. Green - another with a superstar outfit who got 1 premiership and not much else. Bellamy - classic over achiever - never misses despite my reservations about the age of their side. Flannagan - got 1 but not much else around that again with a pretty high quality side. All the rest - not even close. So assuming we aren't going after any one of those five, at worst we have the next best coach in the comp, arguably given his overall record an even better one. All of this is despite the continual belief of so called experts that the dogs would be overachieving if they made the 8. So, if the experts and half the people on this site think that the dogs aren't even competitive for the 8 year in and year out isn't the fact that we have evidence that we have a good coach? Not saying I wouldn't rather we win a comp or two, but if you aren't in the 8 you can't win the comp. He has at least got our seemingly sub-standard team to that point. Everyone wanted a change in style and he has started that. Everyone wanted new blood in the team and it seems as though he is doing that. The Board have jettisoned his support network and reduced expenses. So at this stage everyone has everything they have asked for - except for winning the first 2 games. How about we just get behind the entire club and see where we end up.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Much seems to be made of Des being mediocre as a coach so I suppose we should look at the other coaches who have done so much better in the past 5 years.... Robinson - yep he has done OK with his superstar outfit with 1 premiership although didn't make the semis last year did he. Maguire -another tick I guess because he beat us in 2014 but either side of that hasn't done much. Green - another with a superstar outfit who got 1 premiership and not much else. Bellamy - classic over achiever - never misses despite my reservations about the age of their side. Flannagan - got 1 but not much else around that again with a pretty high quality side. All the rest - not even close. So assuming we aren't going after any one of those five, at worst we have the next best coach in the comp, arguably given his overall record an even better one. All of this is despite the continual belief of so called experts that the dogs would be overachieving if they made the 8. So, if the experts and half the people on this site think that the dogs aren't even competitive for the 8 year in and year out isn't the fact that we have evidence that we have a good coach? Not saying I wouldn't rather we win a comp or two, but if you aren't in the 8 you can't win the comp. He has at least got our seemingly sub-standard team to that point. Everyone wanted a change in style and he has started that. Everyone wanted new blood in the team and it seems as though he is doing that. The Board have jettisoned his support network and reduced expenses. So at this stage everyone has everything they have asked for - except for winning the first 2 games. How about we just get behind the entire club and see where we end up.

Ummmmm what you failed to mention is all those coaches have WON A FUCKING PREMIERSHIP AND WE HAVE WON NOTHING !!!!!!!!

your argument is therefore Null and VOID....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
From Cox and Massoud

"We're also told the board has softened on some of the rigid performance criteria it had a placed around Hasler's future; which might have exposed him to an undignified exit.

What the board won't compromise on is its strategic plan - to develop more local juniors and re-connect the football department with club tradition."

Seems that we have snagged Keebra Park High as a feeder for young talent, so that will provide some quality juniors. Local junior development is dead in reality, as the area does no have a strong junior rugby league following simply due to culture changes in that local area these days. They need to look further afield.

Huh ? Have you had too much caffeine this morning ?
Nope... I just think it's hilarious the way some people go on, on here, regarding this issue.

Honestly... the way I see it.. who gives a fuck!! No amount of stamping feet or angry posts on here are going to make the club give 2 metric shits about their post/opinion.

I'm a passionate Bulldogs fan, but ultimately if every single legitimate member on this site cancelled their memberships and told Bulldogs where to go, it wouldn't even make a minor dent to their membership numbers at the club.

I'd say our entire user base makes up < 5% of the members the Bulldogs have.

If mass supporters were so shitty with the club, why did they have such a good turnout for the fans season launch?

Here's the stark reality of this all.

Leagues Club has members that are also Football Club Board members. The two kiss arse and watch each others backs. In short, nobody is going to unsettle the board.

1. Noad tried to rattle the board, and that lead to his demise/sacking.
2. When the Dunn challenge hit there was quite the shitfight. It resulted in all those who did not support Dib being outed.

Dib in theory would have the support of both Cooreys, himself, Mortimer, and Peponis from the Leagues Club (9 on the board including COO and CEO). So he would have support of 5 out of 9 at least (in theory). I doubt Peter McMahon (sitting on both boards) would side against him either (as he sits cross board as well).

On the Football Club front in theory Issac, McMahon, Dib, Coorey would side with Dib (4 out of 6), leaving only Farrar and Elias as question marks, but unlikely to stand against the current board.

So the board will remain the same, I cannot see that changing in the forseeable future as every attempt in modern day to overthrow it, has cost others their job.

Raelene is under the thumb I've heard to perform, and we've seen evidence of this in the public eye last year.

Hasler has been renewed not so much by the CEO, but under the directive of the board to sign Hasler.

SO IN SUMMARY ... for all he complaining going on, the only person at the club with an uncertain future, is Raelene Castle in my opinion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
From Cox and Massoud

"We're also told the board has softened on some of the rigid performance criteria it had a placed around Hasler's future; which might have exposed him to an undignified exit.

What the board won't compromise on is its strategic plan - to develop more local juniors and re-connect the football department with club tradition."

Seems that we have snagged Keebra Park High as a feeder for young talent, so that will provide some quality juniors. Local junior development is dead in reality, as the area does no have a strong junior rugby league following simply due to culture changes in that local area these days. They need to look further afield.

Nope... I just think it's hilarious the way some people go on, on here, regarding this issue.

Honestly... the way I see it.. who gives a fuck!! No amount of stamping feet or angry posts on here are going to make the club give 2 metric shits about their post/opinion.

I'm a passionate Bulldogs fan, but ultimately if every single legitimate member on this site cancelled their memberships and told Bulldogs where to go, it wouldn't even make a minor dent to their membership numbers at the club.

I'd say our entire user base makes up < 5% of the members the Bulldogs have.

If mass supporters were so shitty with the club, why did they have such a good turnout for the fans season launch?

Here's the stark reality of this all.

Leagues Club has members that are also Football Club Board members. The two kiss arse and watch each others backs. In short, nobody is going to unsettle the board.

1. Noad tried to rattle the board, and that lead to his demise/sacking.
2. When the Dunn challenge hit there was quite the shitfight. It resulted in all those who did not support Dib being outed.

Dib in theory would have the support of both Cooreys, himself, Mortimer, and Peponis from the Leagues Club (9 on the board including COO and CEO). So he would have support of 5 out of 9 at least (in theory). I doubt Peter McMahon (sitting on both boards) would side against him either (as he sits cross board as well).

On the Football Club front in theory Issac, McMahon, Dib, Coorey would side with Dib (4 out of 6), leaving only Farrar and Elias as question marks, but unlikely to stand against the current board.

So the board will remain the same, I cannot see that changing in the forseeable future as every attempt in modern day to overthrow it, has cost others their job.

Raelene is under the thumb I've heard to perform, and we've seen evidence of this in the public eye last year.

Hasler has been renewed not so much by the CEO, but under the directive of the board to sign Hasler.

SO IN SUMMARY ... for all he complaining going on, the only person at the club with an uncertain future, is Raelene Castle in my opinion.
Multiple reports have said Castle is behind the bloc wanting to re-sign Des. But of course you completely discredit those reports because they aren't useful to your narrative of excessive Des love and disproportionate Raelene hate. Honestly I'm not a fan of Raelene any more, but you disproportionately blaming her for everything while giving Des a free pass for the almost half decade of mediocrity and tedium he has brought us is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If true it would seem that those who care about our direction have failed. I would suggest to let it go and just vote with your pocket.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The club should change there name from Bulldogs to desballs.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ummmmm what you failed to mention is all those coaches have WON A FUCKING PREMIERSHIP AND WE HAVE WON NOTHING !!!!!!!!

your argument is therefore Null and VOID....
Brilliant point except that I identified that each one of them had. So in your mind other than those 5 there is no-one on the planet who can take the job off him as no-one else has won a comp?? He's got us to the big dance twice in the last 5 years when we apparently weren't good enough to make the 8. Let's go for Cleary. He's got a side to the GF - oh wait he hasn't won one either. Better still let's go for someone who has no experience. That's a sound decision - surely anyone is better than the bloke we have now because he doesn't know what it takes to win a comp....In all honesty I don't care who our coach is. I just care about the results and if we had missed the 8 the last 2 years I would have cleaned his office out for him but the fact remains he has us competitive and with the few changes that have already been implemented there is no reason to think we won't go even better this year

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh it's gone from top 4 to top 8 and getting knocked out week one for the next 2 years

Makes sense right lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We should just throw money at Brad Arthur, he's gonna win it next year with parra.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All you naive believers in Des we Trust! If he was such a good coach he should not even hesitate to performance measure eg Top 4 etc However his recruitment is crap 4 years with no improvement in the spine so I ask again if he is a good coach why can he not handle the pressure? Maybe he can not attract any good players therefore just keeps extending the old players etc? Hmmm sounds like a coach deep in DogShit!

Reaction score
its been reported a few times that the performance clauses relating to des are demeaning to a coach of his stature.
i don't understand this, anyone else on high income has to deal with having their performance monitored and scrutinized.
why is it demeaning to des? wouldn't a high calibre person take it as a challenge to perform, instead of being offended?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brilliant point except that I identified that each one of them had. So in your mind other than those 5 there is no-one on the planet who can take the job off him as no-one else has won a comp?? He's got us to the big dance twice in the last 5 years when we apparently weren't good enough to make the 8. Let's go for Cleary. He's got a side to the GF - oh wait he hasn't won one either. Better still let's go for someone who has no experience. That's a sound decision - surely anyone is better than the bloke we have now because he doesn't know what it takes to win a comp....In all honesty I don't care who our coach is. I just care about the results and if we had missed the 8 the last 2 years I would have cleaned his office out for him but the fact remains he has us competitive and with the few changes that have already been implemented there is no reason to think we won't go even better this year
You must live in a land of unicorns and fairies and flying pigs if you think we will go far in this years comp.
But its good to see you have optimism. Im a realist which tells me Hasler is a hasbeen who has ruined our club. Has won nothing. Has ruined the bulldogs dna.
Peter Moore would be rolling in his grave if he knew what the club is going through now..

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You must live in a land of unicorns and fairies and flying pigs if you think we will go far in this years comp.
But its good to see you have optimism. Im a realist which tells me Hasler is a hasbeen who has ruined our club. Has won nothing. Has ruined the bulldogs dna.
Peter Moore would be rolling in his grave if he knew what the club is going through now..

Hasler ruined our club? Dude we have improved since he got here, The 4 years before he arrived we won a spoon had 1 good season which got us to a prelim (we got smacked by parra) then missed the 8 twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.