Bulldogs Inform Reynolds That He is not Required in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to have a crack at a decent playmaker to partner the bye 800 a year for Reynolds kidding him self if he had steered us to premiership in 12 or 14 then he could name his price severely overated and poor discipline
We could have a crack at Cronk he is wants to be in Sydney closer to his new missus and could come in for 2 years And mybe could learn alot
Or who ever they sign to ignite the Halfs I would get matty johns in as halfs consultant worked a lot with Cronk in his earlier days at Melbourne when Orford signed with manly

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Say the Salary Cap goes up to 10m. Reynolds will be on nearly 10% of that. I'd rather splash big bucks on Milford.
I don't disagree, there are better halves out there but everyone is missing the point.

We're throwing money at them BUT THEY WON'T COME!!!!!!

So we get rid of Reynolds and don't bring anyone in, what then?????

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
no he isnt worth that much i agree, but if Mbye is on $750 then he is. Mbye must be under huge pressure at the club.
we should not have re signed Mbye on that money, he hasnt performed.
I didn't agree with Mbye being on $750K aswell, that was just plain stupidity.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree, there are better halves out there but everyone is missing the point.

800K for Reynolds. I cant fathom that. That's all I'm saying.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes down to fitness.
Bennett's the 80minute type, go out all guns blazing and leave nothing in the tank

Hasler is the conservative type, let them come at you and wait for them to drop the soap, i mean the ball

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Although if the figures being quoted are true and he's asking for 800k, that's way too high. I don't blame the club if that's the case. But I don't believe it. Reynolds would probably stay for unders if he was asked.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
800K for Reynolds. I cant fathom that. That's all I'm saying.
He's got the bargaining chips in his favour man, as I posted above.

Add in that he performed better than Mbye, he's in an even more commanding position.

Also add in that first Belmore game where his name was chanted and the board are a bit worried about fans backlash after last season, Reynolds has even more power.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Only thing to do is what the Knights done, splash te cash at someone unproven.
Thats a risk we cant take.
No one decent is off Contract.
Does Frawley have the potential? From what I hear he goes alright, can we spend some money there. Bring in someone.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My prediction.

We re-sign Hasler. Hasler signs Foran and Tedesco.

What do you guys think?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My prediction.

What do you guys think?
I'm getting the feeling we're resigning Hasler, haven't heard anything from my source on this, I'm too scared to ask.

But even if we sign hasler Foran isn't coming. Foran has rejected him 3 times.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling we're resigning Hasler, haven't heard anything from my source on this, I'm too scared to ask.

But even if we sign hasler Foran isn't coming. Foran has rejected him 3 times.
I just don't want to wake up one morning and see BREAKING NEWS and HASLER in the same sentence. Unless ofcourse he has signed for some other team.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't want to wake up one morning and see BREAKING NEWS and HASLER in the same sentence. Unless ofcourse he has signed for some other team.
watching 360 last night kent said something about hasler being deep in talk with the club about resigning

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
watching 360 last night kent said something about hasler being deep in talk with the club about resigning
Look, people are saying, oh look, he has taken us to the GF twice, played Finals etc etc.
Well, ofcourse he better, look at how much cash they are splashing at him! We should of won in 2014 instead of getting absolutely arse-raped!
That is unforgiveable!

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction.

What do you guys think?
Correct, except Tedesco.

I would prefer Abbey given the 1 jersey, Hasler, Hoppa & Lichaa released. Cut our losses with Eastwood and Tolman

Bring in Feldt, Taumalolo and JT for a year until a good HB comes off contract

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct, except Tedesco.

I would prefer Abbey given the 1 jersey, Hasler, Hoppa & Lichaa released. Cut our losses with Eastwood and Tolman

Bring in Feldt, Taumalolo and JT for a year until a good HB comes off contract
Mbye to Hooker, re-sign Garvey for peanuts and put him backup on the bench. We need a second hooker on the bench.
Tedesco Fullback
Foran/Brooks Halfback
Dean Pay or Dymock or Lamb as Coach

There's your spine!

Hasler, Reynolds, Hoppa, Lichaa, Holland, Elliott. GONE!!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn, we cant attract any major signings, now all of a sudden we have Foran, Tedesco, Taumalolo & JT. Damn. Sweet.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
youd prefer abbey over teddy, that will do me
I would definitely not prefer Tedesco over Abbey though if you had to pick two players out of Thurston, Taumalolo and Tedesco it would be JT & Taumalolo.

Abbey
Bmoz
Jmoz
Lee
Feldt
Reynolds
Thurston
Graham
Mbye
Klemmer
RFM
Jackson
Taumalolo

Kasiano
Elliott
Fualalo
Cleeland/Garvey

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone who has been paired with Reynolds since 2011 has been moved on. Yet the same halves problems still exist.

Reynolds has been given more time than anyone else. We need cool heads in the halves. A pair who can control the game. Also Reynolds' defence is still suspect after all these years.

I'm telling you if Reynolds doesn't shape up and develop his game the second he loses his pace he will become another bunji = no kicking game + poor passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.